Furries! Don't be shy or scared away from here!

The place for anything at all...
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Silverclaw wrote:
Not really. You just have to pick a species to represent yourself as basicaly :)

I am furry! *scratches fleas*
Or if you're therian, you can just draw you as yourself. :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

True that :D
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

good point, pariahpoet. good point.

but yeah, i have a fursona. it doesn't really require much dedication or work. i mean, i jus draw pictures of how i wanna look or how i think i would look as an animal or anthropomorphic animal (usually very similar). pretty simple, really. plus, you can look at pics of my fursona on my da page. jus click the link below. Image
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

I have no problem with furries. As long as they don't shed fur on the sofa.
Eat more tobasco.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Oh good! I guess that means I can use your sofa as a scratching post so long as I don't shed on it! :lol:

*scratch, scratch, rip...*
AladasianTheMeerkat
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Come As You Are
Additional Details: Just your typical loofah sponge killin' anthro meerkat from the Cape... that's all.
Mood: Meh...

Post by AladasianTheMeerkat »

Whoa... am i out of the loop...

I must've missed some serious fireworks while i was gone. Oops. :?
Neenur Neenur Neenur!
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'm friends with plent of furries. Like I said though... I just can't really get into the culture its developed into. Not my thing. :D

I have to admit, some furries have extremely bizzare imaginations. Sometimes even creepy. I typically don't say anything about it. :|
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Kaebora wrote:I'm friends with plent of furries. Like I said though... I just can't really get into the culture its developed into. Not my thing. :D

I have to admit, some furries have extremely bizzare imaginations. Sometimes even creepy. I typically don't say anything about it. :|
Yeah, I'm with Kaebora on that. Furries, rock on and do your thing. It just ain't my thing.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Just keep in mind, most of us are not pervs. Kaebora- you met me, I'm not depraved.... :(
navalagVLK
Legendary
Legendary

Post by navalagVLK »

I went from were, to furry, to were, to furry, to having no damn time...

S'the only reason I can't get on this place more often, school really does eat up all mah time.

Aside from that, I don't see a vast gap between the genres that are "Furry" and "Were". They're... Essentially the same thing?

However, I might just be a tad naive. :)
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

No, they aren't the same. There is overlap among the therian and furry communities(such as myself), but they are entirely seperate groups.
For me, the furry is a way to express my wereside.
To be a were/therian, you must have a wereside. Not just human attributes associated with a particular animal(I'm a sly fox), but instincts, thought patterns that are not human in nature.
Furry is just a way of expressing yourself(your human personality, or if you have one, your wereside), a way to play as something other than yourself, or as an art form. At the end of the day a furry can decide to stop being a character. A were is what he or she is no matter what.

In short, IMHO, were is what you are, furry is how you express yourself.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Syzygy wrote:I have no problem with furries. As long as they don't shed fur on the sofa.

Not only do they shed fur....they can remove their heads!! :blink:

And they don't feel a thing if you accidentally step on their tail!! :o

:jester:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

PariahPoet wrote:No, they aren't the same. There is overlap among the therian and furry communities(such as myself), but they are entirely seperate groups.
To be a were/therian, you must have a wereside. Not just human attributes associated with a particular animal(I'm a sly fox), but instincts, thought patterns that are not human in nature.
Furry is just a way of expressing yourself(your human personality, or if you have one, your wereside), a way to play as something other than yourself, or as an art form. At the end of the day a furry can decide to stop being a character. A were is what he or she is no matter what.

see...thats wierd..because ive talked to a lot of furies and a lot of therians and they get irate over the fact that others say that being a therian and being a furrie are two different things...they will swear all over that its the same thing....i dont think it is because....they will do there fur suiting they compleatly deny having any therian traits in them...i gues i just dont get others...

i mean im a therian.....but i dont fur sut....though i do consider myself somewhat of a furry also......but im primarily a therian... :)
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Most furries will swear up and down that they are the same. Most therians will swear they're different. ^_^
I have seen some major flame wars on therianthropy.org just because someone said they were "Very similar", let alone the same thing.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

PariahPoet wrote:No, they aren't the same. There is overlap among the therian and furry communities(such as myself), but they are entirely seperate groups.

I'm not a therian either, so where does this put me? Indeed I have a shapeshifting character that I use the name and avitar of, but it isn't me. It's just the main character of my short film. (In progress.) I don't say I have a "wereside". Its not like me to pretend that I'm something else. Costumes... sure, thats all in good fun. But an entirely different persona... no.
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Scared off? HA!! I ain't going nowhere..Well minus if something comes up an I need to take a break or can't get to a compy I here to stay!! I mean everyplace needs a Joker :jester:
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Kaebora wrote:

I'm not a therian either, so where does this put me? Indeed I have a shapeshifting character that I use the name and avitar of, but it isn't me. It's just the main character of my short film. (In progress.) I don't say I have a "wereside". Its not like me to pretend that I'm something else. Costumes... sure, thats all in good fun. But an entirely different persona... no.
Then that makes you a person with a were character. Like Fig. :)
You don't have to fit neatly into any category, you just are what you are.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:
Kaebora wrote:

yup.....you are just like me, Kaebora. We both have characters...but don't consider ourselves a furry. :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

I'm not a furry and I don't really like it or anything. Although I can see why people do enjoy it; its silly, yiffy, and different... But its just not my cup of thee personally.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Figarou wrote:
PariahPoet wrote:
Kaebora wrote:

yup.....you are just like me, Kaebora. We both have characters...but don't consider ourselves a furry. :D
I feel special now, and have absolutly no idea why. :P :D

Boy. These quote boxes sure are an eyesore when they get this big, eh? :lol:
-Kaebora
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

wow.. a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

thats nothing
we did this on my gaming clan site where the guys went to have like a 20 boxes within boxes quote
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Ok kind of off topic. (My fault though.) Now... where were we?
-Kaebora
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Quote-piramide! :o
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

there was a game about the quote pyramid, it was huge last time it was used, like a year ago