Total votes: 53

lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

WHAT YOU PLAYIN?

Post by lupine »

What's the game that's sucked you in at the moment?

I'm currently split between Medal of Honour: Heroes(online is AWESOME) and Killzone: Liberation.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I have no clue what's going on

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

I've been playing Gears of War ever since I got it :)
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

wolf_onmitsu wrote:I've been playing Gears of War ever since I got it :)
Yeah its supposed to be pretty amazing innit? Not got 360 so I can't really comment but it looks fantastic. :)
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

what exactly does legend of zelda: ocarina of time count as? an rpg?
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Couldn't tell you fella. Never played it

nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

huh-da-WHA?! how is that possible?! it's jus bout the best game ever! ('cept maybe super mario rpg, or maybe chrono trigger, or maybe earthbound, or maybe legend of zelda: majora's mask)
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Never really wanted a Nintendo. Was always a SEGA man till the Saturn let me down and flopped. Been Sony ever since. Nintendo never really took off the same over here

wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I have no clue what's going on

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

lupine wrote:
wolf_onmitsu wrote:I've been playing Gears of War ever since I got it :)
Yeah its supposed to be pretty amazing innit?
It is a reason to buy a 360!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

im in the middle of about 8 or 9 games....

i mostly like FPS and RPG's depending on the RPG..... i like flight sim and combat games and i love racing games especially off road stuff....but mainly gran turismo stuff
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I'm playing Zelda: Twilight Princess.

That does not fit under any of the categories offered. Zelda is not an RPG. Technically, it is an "Adventure" game.

Lupine... you should really give Nintendo a chance. One look at the reviews of most First-Party Nintendo games should make it clear why.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, vuldari! that's why i'm confused! i dunno where to put my vote for zelda!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Okami, Dungeon Seige II, NWN, a little bit of Hero Online, and just finished a Justice League co-op with my mate. :D
I'm all about the RPGs!!!
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Sonic The Hedgehog flash game XD
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

GEARS OF WAR usually i pwn online, cept i always end up with the newbs on my team... stupid newbs, draggin me down...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Counter Strike:Source, Dirge of Cerberus, UT04, Silent Hill 2, Xenosaga, and soon will be playing Doom 3.
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Adventure has been added to the poll.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Still Cs Source for me and Diablo 2 over our LAN
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

ooo that reminds me original Doom is available for download off of xbox live.... it has multiplayer..... i'm really considering getting it.... XD

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Great game, if you can tolerate vampires (I like 'em, but I like Werewolves alot more). I'm currently going through with different clans, genders, and playstyles - trying to see each of the five different endings. I've seen three of 'em thus far. Some characters have ...repeated endings, though. :P

It's an RPG, though it's an RPG like Deus Ex is (so I've heard. Haven't played it myself) you have some action and FPS elements because there's no "turns". You fire the guns and swing the melee weapons. Or if you're adverse to weapons, your bare fists. Being an RPG, though, these non-RPG elements are influenced by your stats. If you have sucky brawling or melee skills you will do crap for damage with a melee weapon or your fists, and with low firearms skill, your aim is ...

...well let's just say you'd be lucky not to shot yourself trying to hit the broad side of the barn. Not that you'd hurt yourself much, considering the low skill means you do little damage.

Fun game. Run into lots of supernaturals, including a werewolf and a Hengeyokai - which is more or less, an asian were-shark. Woo. Scary at times, too. Funny at other times, like this blue screen of death...

So. Yeah. The game I'm totally absorbed in now. :lol:
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Actually Zelda is considered an Action/ RPG... What gives it that RPG edge is the fact that you can perform jobs to raise your characters abilities. In truth most standard run-of-the-mill RPG have become Level happy, but Legend of Zelda, is the game that created the standard RPG. Yeah it is way linear, since you can't really develope Link, in any certain direction, but there you go.

I am playing 2 games right now. Final Fantasy XII and Final Fantasy III. I play FFXII at home on my PS2 and FFIII on my DS at work...

FFXII is very good. I like it a lot. It isn't turn-based, so that is pretty awesome, and the worlds are almost Next-Gen quality. I highly recommend it to anyone. The story is okay, just don't expect to fall in love with any character. The story itself is the main turn on... GREAT voice acting... Oh sure beats the whiney voices of FFX... Tidus and Yuna about drove me crazy that game around, but this one rocks...

I look forward to playing Gears of War as well as Twilight Princess... Gosh... I am going to get gamed out.... :D
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

w00t actually won my first online game in Warhammer 40k winter assault. tis pretty fun, cept like packchat, it seems to be void of peeps every time i get on. hmm... i was surprised my computer could run it, actually.... :havocwolf:

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Timber-WoIf wrote:w00t actually won my first online game in Warhammer 40k winter assault. tis pretty fun, cept like packchat, it seems to be void of peeps every time i get on. hmm... i was surprised my computer could run it, actually.... :havocwolf:
what are your specs?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Timber-WoIf wrote:w00t actually won my first online game in Warhammer 40k winter assault. tis pretty fun, cept like packchat, it seems to be void of peeps every time i get on. hmm... i was surprised my computer could run it, actually.... :havocwolf:
what are your specs?
not exactly sure.... 1 sec....

Celeron...
504 mb ram...
dunno video card, whatever's stock...
ya know i really should be a little more savvy bout this stuff, but i aint....

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

I play the Forgotten hope mod for Battelfield but you forgot to put 1 more type of game, its called the RTS! those things are as big as teh other genres
im currently playing navyfield which is 100% free www.navyfield.com, im paly as saintluke
anyway i hope to get Medevil Total war as well, that game looks sweet!!!
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

SORRY PEOPLE

I didn't plan my survey very well. Never thought of RTS.

Can we add that one aswell please Fig?

I'm along with Whitepaw tho, in that I seem to have far too many games going at once. Theres 's Killzone,MoH, Gun, GTA Vicecity Stories, Godfather, for psp and then there's the PS2....Canis Canim Edit(Bully in U.S.), Scarface, Call of Duty 3, and I keep returning to Black and Urban Chaos,.

I'm yearning for an RPG at the mo tho, but I've always been put off by all the Stats and all that.

I also want a good strategy game for the psp preferably with an online mode. Dunno which to go for.

But first, I got a copy of MTX Mototrax imported from US winging its way to me as I type this, so I gotta hurry and finish Medal of Honour. :D

:wolfsheepclothing: