Famous People

The place for anything at all...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Famous People

Post by Silverclaw »

So, has anywolf here ever met anyone famous? TV stars, movie stars, directors, composers, authors, musicians, ect.
I've only met one at my local mall years ago sadily :(
The girl who played Stephine on Full House. Shoke hands, said 'hi' and moved over for the next person in line. :)
Oh, and I've met a guy who was on the first season of Survivor. Forget his name at the moment.

EDIT: Oh, and who would you like to meet?

I would LOVE to meet Tim Burton and Danny Elfman :D They are the two people I most admire and respect; meeting them would be so surreal. One day perhapes, one day.... :D
Last edited by Silverclaw on Sun May 15, 2005 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Aye...

Electra (the WWF wrestler - she and I traded autographs) at Dragon Con
Some Guy (I can't recall his name) that played one of the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi) also at Dragon Con - traded autographs
Pete Abrams (creator of Sluggy Freelance) at Dragon Con
Geraldo Rivera at the 101st Airborne Division base camp shortly before he got kicked out of Iraq the first time.
the late Isaac Stern, internationally renowned maestro on the violin (once in Seattle and once in Tacoma, WA)

Aside from that, everyone else I've run into is in some kind of niche in their respective industry. Oh - need I mention that Dragon Con is a good place to run into celebrities? I only went last year, but I'm going again this year.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I know I have, but for some reason I never really get exited about meeting "famous" people, so I don't really remember those instances that I did. I know I said HI to one of the munchkins from "The Wizzard of OZ" a month or two ago. (One of the "lolly-Pop kids" no less.) But I don't remember where I was, or why HE was there for that matter. I'm a terrible scatter-brain like that. Image.

I've got some weird connections with the entertainment industry through my fathers side of the family though. (lot's of musicians, Actors, Radio Show hosts, singers, etc. ...it drives my aunts and uncles crazy that I never got into the "family Buisness" of performance arts.) For example, my cousin Paul Peterson. (Check out his Biography to see what I mean.)

I don't remember "shaking hands" with any SUPERSTARS... If I ever did, I problobly wouldn't even recognise who it was.

[Hypothetical Situation]
"...ummm...HI!"
*moment's later, after the person has left...whispered to the person next to me, who is Catatonic from meeting face to face with the super-celebrity* "...say...who was that? He seemed confused that I didn't recognise him." * completely oblivoius* Image
[/Hypothetical Situation]
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon May 16, 2005 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Does ABrownrigg count? I'm going to meet him and the others soon!! WOOT!! :D

Oh!! I almost forgot. I did meet James Hong at A-kon back in 1997.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I've never actually met her, but my mother and Courtney Cronin's mom both work in the same real estate office and have gone to some lengths to try to get my brother and I to meet her. They (or at least my mother is) apparently obsessed with the possibility that the two of us could write for her.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Hmmm.....Lessee:

In the world of music, I've met Robby Kreiger (the guitarist of The Doors) and Andy Williams (famous old-time singer of Xmas songs). Since I used to be a rock critic for various newspapers, I also interviewed Blind Melon after Shannon Hoon overdosed and died, Vertical Horizon, and Stroke 9 before their debut album (their hit song was "Little, Black Backpack"). And since I work in NYC, I bump into semi-"celebrities," like the director of the current "Project Greenlight" movie (the horror one with Wes Craven helping) and this guy (I forget his name) who starred in a movie (I forget its name) with Julia Stiles (from "10 Things I Hate About You," the new "Hamlet" with Bill Murray and Ethan Hawke, "Save the Last Dance," "The Bourne Supremacy," "The Bourne Identity," and others). But my favorite celebrity run-in was Nancy Cartwright, the voice of Bart Simpson, Ralph Wiggum, Nelson Muntz, one of the Flanders kids, Database, and numerous other "Simpsons" characters. I bought Halloween animation art at a studio in Maryland, where I used to live, and told her the Halloween episodes are my favorite, and she cackled in her evil Bart voice ("Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa!!!"). She also said that eventually, there will be a "Simpsons" movie (not live action or CGI, thank God) but only after they make sure the script is good enough. She said it will probably film after the show finishes its historic run. Just a little trivia for any fellow "Simpsons" nuts out there.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Oops, I forgot to mention that I work in the same building on Park Avenue as Jeanne Garafalo and Al Franken, since the world headquarters of Air America (new liberal radio talk show) is located here. I saw Al once, and he looked kinda creepy--like he didn't want to talk to anyone, which is ironic since he's a talk show host.
Also, and I'm not sure you can count this as a celebrity but definitely an infamous person, Amy Fisher almost bought my neighbor's house, but thank God, she changed her mind.
Sorry for the extra post and my forgetfulness.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

alright where do I start?

I've met Harland Williams (he's a comedian who starred in Rocketman and Sorority Boys, and was the hitchhiker in There's Something About Mary, to name a few).

I've met Harland's cousin, Kevin Hearn, who is the keyboardist for Barenaked Ladies. And while I'm at it, I've actually met ALL of the members of Barenaked Ladies (they are the nicest group of guys ever)

I sorta kinda met Artie Lang. Sorta as I ate dinner next to him one day, but was too scared to say hi! Oh and While we're at it, I was thisclose to Dave Foley once, but also didn't say hi! I'm very shy when it comes to "meeting" famous people (ok, people in general).

And this doesn't count as a "met", but I am related to Dean Malenko, "The Man Of A Thousand Holds". (he's my cousin on my mom's side)

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Hmmm, famous people..

Well, folks I've met or know personally..

Personally I know Helena Bonham Carter, she's a sweetie, havent talked to her in awhile though.

I also know Steven Soderberg, he's one of the quietest, nicest guys.

Jeffrey Combs, from Deep space nine, enterprise, and reanimator. He was IN a film I did in 95 called "The Digital Prophet", supurb actor, who is highly underrated IMHO.

I did makeup on Robert Picardo, from enterprise. But it was for a TV movie.

Hmmm, I know Makeup Guru Tom Savini, as well as makeup guru Dick Smith. Both of them Great guys.

I also know Mail-call's Lee Ermey, worked on Hexed with him, had lunch with the guy many times. He really IS pure military cloth.

Folks I've met, Barbara Hershey, Brian Denehey, Claudia Christian (she's a nut, worked with her on Hexed) Robin Curtis, (savik from the star trek movies)

Worked on several films for "THE HAMMER", Fred Williamson, super dude.

Uhm, I'm sure there are some others,but my mind isnt working at full capacity at the moment.
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Never met or have even seen IRL anyone remotely famous, and I find that I really don't care to meet anyone famous either. I'm not into that whole celebrity thing. :P
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Goldenwolf wrote:Never met or have even seen IRL anyone remotely famous, and I find that I really don't care to meet anyone famous either. I'm not into that whole celebrity thing. :P

You're famous. :D I bet other therians and furries would love to meet you. :wink:
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I'll tip my hat to that one fig.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah, Goldenwolf is quite the famous artist :D

Browrigg, you know Helena Bonham Carter! :o
She and Burton are dating and have a kid. Maybe you could pull some strings, and hook me up with the happy couple :wink: :lol:
(Tim Burton is my idol 8) )
Strangewingz

Post by Strangewingz »

I've hung out with Jason Carter, aka Marcus Cole on Babylon 5 at Pittsburgh Comic Con. Great guy; very nice, witty and wonderful story teller

I've met lots of rock bands - Queensryche, LA Guns, Crimson Glory & Type O Negative's Pete Steele to name a few

I've met/ chaparoned Harlin Ellison & Neil Gaiman while they were doing book tours

Robert Parker (writer of the "Spenser" books)

Because my brother is a comic book artist, I've hung out with many comic book artists like Adam Hughes, Jason Pearson, Cully Hamner & Brian Stelfreeze at Gaijin studios

got into trouble with Tim Vigil at the aforemention Pittsburgh Con

Kevin Smith a couple of times (and Jason Mewes!)

met quite a few other comic artists to get sketches or stuff signed

met several NHL players

Despite appearances to the contrary, I'm NOT a celebrity w****! :)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'll go with Goldie. I dont seem to give a care for famous people. Though I do like alot of artists I've seen hat would be fun to meet. And would love to meet Anthony.
:D

The only person I've seen is a person off Survivor that lives by here.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Over six million forms of communication

Post by Scott Gardener »

Seen from various distances:
The Cure
Interpol
Bauhaus
Type O Negative
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page
Average White Band
Pearl Jam
Michael McDonald (the last remaining Doobie Brother)
Hall and Oates
Bruce Campbell
A ton of Anime celebrities (previous A-Kons)
Most of the Cirque du Soleil shows
Blue Man Group

Saw face to face briefly:
James Doohan ("Scotty")
Walter Koenig ("Chekov", Babylon 5's "Mr. Bester")
Ardwight Chamberlain (Babylon 5's "Kosh")
Ed Wasser (Babylon 5's "Mr. Morden")

Got to hold conversations with:
Wendy and Richard Pini (authors of Elfquest comic series)

Got to perform osteopathic manipulative treatment on:
P. N. Elrod (author of vampire stuff)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

I've met several published authors, including a Hugo award winner.

I've met Phil Foglio.

I met the guy who played Zach on Babylon 5.

I met Peter Schickle, discoverer of PDQ Bach.

I'm sure i've met a few others, but they rarely make much of an impression, and I try not to be a fanboy and annoy the hell out of them.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

This topic is right up my alley, I have met a few hundred celebrities (mostly Hollywood celebrities, but some famous authors and artists too), here's a little list that you all might find cool as far as werewolf related celebs go:

Dee Wallace-Stone (from "The Howling" as well as "ET" and "Cujo")

David Naughton (from "An American Werewolf in London")

Laurell K. Hamilton (author of the Anita Blake series of books with a main werewolf character named Rikchard in them)

Antonio Fargus (from "The Howling VI")

Sybil Danning (from "The Howling II")

R. L. Stine (author of werewolf books in the children's "Goosebumps" series)

Scott Schwartz (from the TV series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer")

James Hampton (from "Teen Wolf" and "Teen Wolf Too" as well as the anamated "Teen Wolf" TV series)

Cassandra Peterson (she is "Elvira Mistress of the Dark")
artman
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by artman »

Here is a list of the ones I can think of right off the to of my head:

Jimmy Stewart
Ted Ketchoff (directed the first Rambo movie, “First Blood”)
Peter Fonda (worked as his stand in)
Brian Denahe (sp)
Karen Allen (in the first Indiana Jones Movie)
Michael O’Keffe
James Woods
Michelle Phifer
Elizabeth Ashlee
Peter Horton (one the nicest people I ever met)
Donnie and Marie Osmond
LBJ
Newt Gangrich
Tatum O’Neal
Anthony Quinn
Rod Stiger
Tom Landery
William Devane

That’s all I can think of right now. Oh yea, Anthony Brownrigg.
ReQuest Entertainment VP
KitsuneKit
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by KitsuneKit »

I met Kevin Mitnick, world's greatest hacker, one time. I was standing on the street corner when I visited San Jose, CA and he was standing there. He complemented me on my Nintendo Controller Necklace and we made some small talk. I didn't know that he was Kevin Mitnick at the time. I wish I got his autograph.
mielikkishunt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by mielikkishunt »

i've met William Shatner :)

(Yes, I'm a trekkie)

Used to also get invites to come join his jacuzzi by Richard Pini :) Used to talk to him constantly on IM. . never did make it down to Pooghkeepsie to meet him. .even tho I live only a few hours away.
Lt Com Kyr

Could someone explain why my Russian Wolfhound only eats my WereWolf Books?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

mielikkishunt wrote:i've met William Shatner :)

(Yes, I'm a trekkie)

Used to also get invites to come join his jacuzzi by Richard Pini :) Used to talk to him constantly on IM. . never did make it down to Pooghkeepsie to meet him. .even tho I live only a few hours away.
I had the chance to meet William Shatner. He was here in my home town in a film called Miss Congeniality. I had to work that day. Bummer.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I sort-of had- If anyone here is an aritst, they might know of Tom Steigerwald, a realy good painter. Like, REALLY good. he happens to loive about two blocks away fro me. I've known him for a while.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Ha ha! I just got back from seeing something not very famous but much cooler. It was an Alpaca and boy was it cute! Never knew Libraries were that fun!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
mielikkishunt
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Over six million forms of communication

Post by mielikkishunt »

Scott Gardener wrote: Got to hold conversations with:
Wendy and Richard Pini (authors of Elfquest comic series)
I miss talking with Richard, haven't seen him on line in a long time, been worried :P
Lt Com Kyr

Could someone explain why my Russian Wolfhound only eats my WereWolf Books?