Do you really consider the Pack Family?

The place for anything at all...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

This place is kinda like family. Here i've got a reasonable chance of getting my opinions not bashed into pieces.

waaay back when in feb '05 this wa shte first werewolf place I stumbled into (thanks, aki!) and it's been great. especially the "lets watch fig go from 800 posts to 11100 posts" part. He throws so man yduckies I can';t get to eat them all, w which was my main fuction way back when.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I'll be honest with you, I see you guys as really good net friends. I never felt anything more because I never really met you, therefore, I can't become attached personality. Of course, if one of y'all get hurt or even killed(gulp) , that will make me very sad but I won't be as sad as if one of my siblings or parents died. There is some "rudeness" here but its not really anything to leave here about. I just been very busy. I wish I was there to met you folks at A-kon. I MIGHT be able to meet you guys at AC next year.
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

The pack has grown on me alot :D at first I was just checking it out and what not, but eventually I got more attached to it and the members of it and I actually started to consider myself a full-fledged member of the pack.

and it is indeed like my family, fairly similare in many ways, alot of the people are crazy individuals who always make me laugh and I sometimes try to do the same, often with little or no response but I find that fine, and the way that many of us make rude comments I do not think is really meant to hurt anyone in one way or another, often I find it is a joke that is either to offensive to be seen as a joke or is just to bad of a joke(I do admit that I have had those instances) but in the end we are all just one big family.

lighten up on us sabre, after-all the pack is full of people and people in general will make rude comments.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

It may take me a while, but yeah, this would make a nice extended family...an' yed gets da bonus o my protection, coz nobady...yous hears me, nobady...can mess wit da family.

http://www.harmonytalk.com/music/gf-gfw1.mp3
:gangster: :family: :hat: :gangster: :gangster:
:
da Packfadda
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kanibal »

I see this place as good friends really, I'm too new and too shy to get really into it. Ever since I joined the 'TF comunity' (as I call it) I've felt like an outsider because of the way I joined, but everyones very welcoming and kind so I hope hat will all go away.

That fact I've never spoken about the aforementioned community bugs me, I've never seen anyone or even know of anyone that's into it and lives near me. I'm alone in that respect and feel too isolated to call it, family.
Last edited by Kanibal on Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

No matter how big, how crazy, or how popular this place gets, what makes The Pack a family are those who continue to stay around and make this place what it is. It is the familiar faces that make it more than a mere message board, but an online family. At least, that's the way I see it :)

Long live the Pack!
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Goldenwolf wrote:No matter how big, how crazy, or how popular this place gets, what makes The Pack a family are those who continue to stay around and make this place what it is. It is the familiar faces that make it more than a mere message board, but an online family. At least, that's the way I see it :)

Long live the Pack!
Hail, Goldie!! :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

Goldenwolf wrote:No matter how big, how crazy, or how popular this place gets, what makes The Pack a family are those who continue to stay around and make this place what it is. It is the familiar faces that make it more than a mere message board, but an online family. At least, that's the way I see it :)

Long live the Pack!
True. I myself have been around here not that long, and I have been able to appreciate how the participants have been in this forum. In a way, it's like a family reunion party where you meet family you never knew you had. Some are good, some are...not so good...but it still a pleasant thing to meet them.
And that's my two cents. :D
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I find it ironic that I got the e-mail from Figarou stating the new Pack address the same time I got my first e-mail from my brother in over a year. You remember what happened between he and I, right? How he deliberately leeched my college funds away by convincing me to sign a housing agreement with him that he knew I wouldn't be able to handle without his support? Well, based on the contents of his e-mail, I'm lead to believe he's actually proud of what he did to me.
:supermad:

That said, the Pack is starting to feel much more like a family than the people I am related to by blood. You'll either be seeing a lot of me or none of me this month, because right now I'm through talking with my mother and brother and planning to never see them again before New Years. Anthony, I hate to say this publicly, but it would help if I knew where my audition stands ASAP. :? I'll live if I didn't get the part, but the sooner I figure out that X factor, the sooner I can plan my exit strategy. :P
Templar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Templar »

Dude, that's just FUBAR (Pardon my French).

I don't think anyone here would try to do anything like that, thankfully. But don't completely give up on your family. Sure, what your bro did went well beyond bein' wrong, and it'll probably take a good long time for that wound to heal, but he's still your flesh and blood. Don't give up entirely on 'em.

Oh, and good luck with that audition.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Templar wrote:Dude, that's just FUBAR (Pardon my French).

I don't think anyone here would try to do anything like that, thankfully. But don't completely give up on your family. Sure, what your bro did went well beyond bein' wrong, and it'll probably take a good long time for that wound to heal, but he's still your flesh and blood. Don't give up entirely on 'em.

Oh, and good luck with that audition.
Actually, he's been pulling crap like this all my life. The apartment in college was supposed to be his last chance, and he apparently used it as his last chance to screw me over entirely, and I only tolerated it as long as I have because I thought he did that because he was stupid, not because he had it out for me.

Trust me, I am not eager to give up on my family. This was fifteen years in the works as far as I'm concerned.
Templar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Templar »

Once again, a completely FUBAR situation.

You gots my condolences, bro.
-Ash
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

The only friends I have here in the Pack are Fig and Joker, and I think that's mostly because I met them in person at A-Kon. Though there are a handful of people here I like and respect, and I consider them more "in the process of becoming friends".

Joker and Fig are the only people I really feel I can trust. I've had quite my fill of backstabbing and petty bickering. Everyone else can just fend for themselves because I know nobody else has my back.

In short- if you want friends, talk to people. Compliment their art/stories or try to find some commong topic of interest in the general discussion are. I've found people are much more open to becoming friends if you just take the first step and be nice to them.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

OK... Well I'm already in chat but we're talking on a different subject so I'll throw in my (probably redundant) two cents' worth here.

I'm not very communicative at the best of times... I'm hopeless at small talk and a quick "hi there" is about my limit... and I'm also very new here so am not going to randomly initiate conversations and (probably) get everyone's backs up while doing so. As it is I think I've already seriously offended someone it was never my intent to offend, just in the last couple of days.

I'm also in a weird time zone (GMT+1300) which means my normal time on line (the evenings) coincides with the wee small hours in America. I've got AIM and MSN (although for some reason I can't enter them in my profile... darned thing) but if you want to know them, just ask (in chat or PM... they're both under my real name which I try not to spread all over the internet but have no problem with normal people knowing). But then the old time zone thing is going to stuff things up again.

I'm also a bit wary at firing off random PM messages to people... again, I'm new here, and I don't really know anyone well enough to have anything important to say to them. Of the people I've seen posting here since I joined up... I really only know (and then only via another site) Figarou and Dyviath, although just before I signed up I met a few more. waves to Nacho and company.

Now as far as considering people friends... I don't really know most people here well enough, but so far nobody at all here has annoyed me enough for me to say they are definitely Not Friends. Yes, I've disagreed with people a couple of times... well, you should hear me and my "real life" friends when we get a good argument going. I haven't read everything here - I normally only get on for half an hour or so, every couple of days, but I'm taking some time off work at the moment - but so far, my initial impressions of here, which haven't deteriorated since I first joined up, are of a bunch of intelligent, argumentative, creative, talented and passionate people. So does that make you friends? The way I look at things... yes, it does. There's already a few people here I'd call "friend" if I had to describe you... and many others I haven't talked to (or not enough) that I might call "friend" later on. That it is extremely unlikely I'm ever going to meet anyone here in "real life" isn't an issue, as I see things. I've always had fairly firm views on how friends on the internet are no less friends than friends in "real life". Particularly seeing as most of my "real life" friends are now scattered throughout these islands and my normal means of keeping in touch with them is over the internet.

The bottom line is... You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. And I reckon yous are friends.
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Thank you everyone for being understanding and quelling my insecurities... I will try my best to be as good of a contributor for this community as I can.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

PariahPoet wrote:The only friends I have here in the Pack are Fig and Joker, and I think that's mostly because I met them in person at A-Kon. Though there are a handful of people here I like and respect, and I consider them more "in the process of becoming friends".

Joker and Fig are the only people I really feel I can trust. I've had quite my fill of backstabbing and petty bickering. Everyone else can just fend for themselves because I know nobody else has my back.

In short- if you want friends, talk to people. Compliment their art/stories or try to find some commong topic of interest in the general discussion are. I've found people are much more open to becoming friends if you just take the first step and be nice to them.
Yuck, I can understand that. I don't trust people in real life until I've gotten to know them pretty well, let alone -anybody- on the internet! I'm not one to trust easily at all.

But I'd trust people more if I met them in real life and felt at ease with them, usually I will feel greatly uncomfortable if I feel they are dangerous. I'll just know. So don't come with a hacksaw behind your back!

:P
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

Midnight wrote:...waves to Nacho and company...
first of all, WOO! someone mentioned me! yeah! i am pumped!

and second of all, Ashkin-Tyr, i like your title. nice.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

I consider you all +"people I know". I found the soultion to your friend problem Ashkin-Tyr! Befriend the people who "don't fit in." They wont leave you. Heck, they can't leave you. lol Yeah so I consider you friendlies.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kanibal »

There is no such thing as not fitting in. There is s group of 15-20 people at my school (of which I am one) who 'dont fit in' with the normal crowd, the over smart kids, the un-sporty ones. We formed our own group so now we do fit in.

Alright so maybe there is a such a thing as not fitting in, but you can make yourself fit in by teaming up with others that dont.
And I dont talk much so team up with me :lol: