Your favorite CANCELED TV show

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Maybe we can buy it on iTunes. Sure, that's $30 or so that can't go towards anything else, but, it'll be worth it.

It'll also be the first step towards freeing ourselves from our cable providers altogether. When will they hurry up and just put all TV shows online and run stations as streaming media? The twentieth century is already over, and I for one am getting sick and tired of having only some people get only some shows. Live here, you get lots of stuff early, but Dr. Who is at least a year behind and Anime is exotic. Live in Great Britain, you get your Doctor on time (appropriately enough), but Stargate must be a novelty over there, hidden perhaps behind BBC-437. Go to Japan, and Anime is easy, but I'm afraid to ask when you'll get to see Battlestar Galactica. Online, we're all one planet. Now, if we can just make broadband easier to get, we'll be one step closer to there.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Searif Bogard wrote:
Anubis wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bad news to all stargate SG-1 fans.

I just gotten word that the Sci-Fi channel will NOT be showing any new eposodes. That means that Stargate will continue every where but the nation that's supposted to take place in. No more SG-1 in the United States!!!!

:cry:

NO MORE AMANDA TAPPING!!!!

:whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper: :whimper:
once again, come to canada :D

we even got invader zim here
Even though i like canadian bacon, maple surup and hockey i think i'll stay in the US of A.

No offence :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Andy Richter Controls the Universe
Moon Daughter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Door to Darkness

Post by Moon Daughter »

A whole bunch of shows I used to love got cancelled.... :cry:

-Surface (I like obsessed over this one! The ONE great new television show and they cancelled it! Plus the way they ended it, just killed me. Not even the SaveSurface campaign a bunch of us did worked! And we had like 30,000 signatures on the petition!)
-Invasion (It ALMOST come back on the CW....but they thought it was too expensive)
-Threshold (Very shortlived. Got axed almost immdiately.)
-Firefly (This sucked for me. I though this show as super hilarious.)
-Roswell (Had a good ending, but I thought they could have gone a little farther)
-John Doe (Loved Dominic Purcell in this)
-Blade the Series (It was pretty interestin. Only thing I didn't like was that they changed the rules of vampirism in this.)
-Dark Angel (Second season got a little so-so for me, but Jensen Ackles made that better. Again, sucks that they cancelled this. It had potential)
-Stargate: SG-1 (They will DIE for this! :x )
"He who make a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

my fave shows what been cancelled are definately the following:

invader zim (i own 'em all on dvd! yeah!)
megas xlr (so glad they started showing it on toonami jetstream)
swat kats: the radical squadron (this show kicked butt majorly)
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I always wondered what happen to invader zim, that was a really good show.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
l0b0h0mbre
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by l0b0h0mbre »

:cry: There are so many I loved and lost... :cry:

Manimal, Justice League (Unlimited), Werewolf, Incredible Hulk, Fangface- A 80's Scooby-doo like toon with a werewolf in place of Shaggy and Scooby.) Turbo Teen, John Doe - Jake 2.0 - Surface - wtf is up with leaving people like that with all 3 of those shows, M.A.S.H.- Best show ever!, Blade, Dark Angel - any reason to look at Jessica Alba! :wink: , Charmed - same thing goes for Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowen, & Inhumianiods - loved De-compose.
The Bible is not my Book and Christianity is not my religion. I could never give assent to the long complicated statements of Christian dogma. - Abraham Lincoln
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Hey!

I have more infomation on the situation on stargate.

Season 10 is not yet over! They still plan to show the Quest pt2 and the rest of the season in March '07, So SG-1 is not dead yet.

Sci-fi signed for one more season of atlantis.

Also They are going to make, not one... but two (figarou is going to like this) straight to DVD Stargate SG-1 movies to tie up the loose ends of the series!!!
Last edited by Anubis on Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I haven't seen any more Doctor Who episodes after the 'doomsday'-episode, so I guess I can nominate that show now. Probably one of the best (and campiest) sci-fi shows ever.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Monty Python's Flying Circus would qualify to me, damn they don't even show reruns anymore :(
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

"Doctor Who" is still being made... as far as I know they're making the 3rd season at the moment and there's a special - "Runaway Bride" - to be screened some time this month.

There's one cancelled series I really miss... and I can't find out much in the way of information about it because its title is impossible to google for. "Watching". It was a sit-com made in Britain in the mid to late 1980s and was only ever shown once down here. But it was very, very funny. The words "hooded crow" still make me laugh.
Lena
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lena »

A friend of ours her brother let me borrow his Invader Zim DVD. This show is fantastic! It is wonderfully surreal and he is so cute too.

Isaac (the friend) says Invader Zim was axe because Nickolodeon want to change it and the designer Mr Vasquez told Nickolodeon to "F** off" (Isaac's words).

This Surface I seen and I liked it. Now I am watching Dark Angel (I lust after Jessica Alba!) and Threshhold.

I will throw away TV if they cancel Lost, Jericho, and CSI.
To hunt, to run, this is living, this is freedom, this is me.

Things can change overnight; it depends upon how late you stay up and with whom you are doing it.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Midnight wrote:"Doctor Who" is still being made... as far as I know they're making the 3rd season at the moment and there's a special - "Runaway Bride" - to be screened some time this month.
Ahh, so the 'doomsday'-episode must have been the end of season 2 then? That would explain a lot.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Why did they have to cancel "Bucky O'Hare" and "GeeKeR"? Those were some high potential cartoons! Its a sad world when people start canceling shows early just as ratings begin to skyrocket.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

What Blade the Series got cancelled? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :howl:  :oo That just ruined my day! I really liked that show.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Kaebora wrote:Why did they have to cancel "Bucky O'Hare" and "GeeKeR"? Those were some high potential cartoons! Its a sad world when people start canceling shows early just as ratings begin to skyrocket.
I never saw GeeKeR, but I'll second Bucky O'Hare.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

Hell yes. Bring the green funky fresh rabbit back to the TV.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Jarden
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Jarden »

Invader Zim would be the biggie.
Angry Beavers
Megas XLR
Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction
The FIRST Power Rangers

That's all I can remember. :P
"River running free, You know how I feel" --Feeling Good.
Which, at 3 AM, didn't make any sense to me. The river is (usually,) always running. So, it really wouldn't know how he felt. Imagine what the river would give to play a game, write a play or run right back up the hill. Now, that's freedom.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Firefly rocked 8)
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

I'd have to say The Pretender. It aired from 1996 to 2000. A lot of people didn't like it but I loved it. Such a cliffhanger ending too! Stupid exploding train. Why Jarod, why!!? :cry:

lol

Anyway that's my two cents.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Well... It WAS Futurama, but awesomely, it's being brought back. How kickass is that?

Anyway, my answer is Seinfeld. Good ol' reliably hilarious Seinfeld.

And I agree with Renorei. Andy Richter Controls the Universe was great.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

I have a few that I would love to see back on...

Michael Bentine's Potty Time

Monkey

StarFleet (80's japanese manga space puppet show)
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Just found starfleet on youtube!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFMCJf9D8nY
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

lupine wrote:Just found starfleet on youtube!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFMCJf9D8nY
Oh... :blink:...my....Lord...

Was anyone else expecting Jim Kong Il to suddenly appear?

"Herro, Star Freet command! How's it gorin? Now that I have space travel, My concrest of the wholre ride garaxy is inevitabibble!"
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

:lol: :lol: :D

Rownrey so Rownrey!!! :lol: