Beta
48%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
41%

Total votes: 27

PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Oh geeze, who freakin cares..... She's not saying Omega=Z, she's saying they're both the last letter. Why are we all having such a hissy fit about it?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

PariahPoet wrote:Oh geeze, who freakin cares..... She's not saying Omega=Z, she's saying they're both the last letter. Why are we all having such a hissy fit about it?
But Z WAS saying they are the same thing...which they are not. Z is a letter... "Omega" is a different letter. Omega means Omega...omega does not mean "the last letter"...it means this symbol.

and "Zee" means this symbol.

...........................................................Z
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Yes folks lets try to keep it a nice peaceful thread here. This is for fun not to start an arguement. Let's just all have fun here please :) I did pick Omega for myself though. Omega's in the wolf pack might be the lowest rank, but they are also what keeps the pack entertained :jester:
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

I wish there were more choices o.O

lol. the greek alphabet does have more than just 3 letters.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Yes folks lets try to keep it a nice peaceful thread here. This is for fun not to start an arguement. Let's just all have fun here please :) I did pick Omega for myself though. Omega's in the wolf pack might be the lowest rank, but they are also what keeps the pack entertained :jester:
I picked omega too, and I agree we can be the pack clowns

Laugh at the omegas, :lol: though I think nobody gets my jokes at all so they don't get paid attention to. (That's the same in real life haha!)

I'm house sitting the house across the road...they have an alarm system I'm not familiar with, and I thought it just went off, blargh! Also puppy sitting the dog there. Gave me a heart race! Better go and eat anyway!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

In any social circle, humans will tend to assume unspoken pack ranks, which don't always match officially sanctioned positions. (In the ER, for example, the physician is assumed to be the alpha, but a headstrong nurse paired with a doc fresh out of residency still building up confidence can reverse the alpha and beta roles during a tough situation.)

I think around here we have alphas, betas, and a gamut of in between; most of our omegas are more the people who post once or twice and never show up again; we probably lost a hundred or so just by changing our address.

DarkJokerWolf, Kirk Hammitt; I wouldn't consider either of you omegas, because, first off, I know who you are. By comparison, anyone heard of Brune? He's our 1000th member. He joined on July 19th of this year. And, that's all I know. No posts, no profile info. Other than that major milestone, he's pretty obscure. Or she. Don't even know that much. Haven't heard much from Fishchipsque over in Canterbury, either. How about you, klavdiya1? How are you doing? By comparison... there is no comparison. Joker and Hammitt, both of you are very active and pretty signaturish people around here. Joker's wildly expressive art pieces are unmistakable, and Kirk's music talent and experience is memorable. I know more about both of you than I do most of my neighbors, even though one of you is on the opposite side of this planet.

I think we're best leaving this unwritten rank system unwritten. Once you start drawing attention to the pack ranking, people start becoming self conscious. People with strong egos start vying for alpha positions and senseless conflict results.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Joker's wildly expressive art pieces are unmistakable, and Kirk's music talent and experience is memorable. I know more about both of you than I do most of my neighbors, even though one of you is on the opposite side of this planet.
-Goes a bright red- thankyou Scott. If only I could actually play some music for you all, I write music all the time! I could write about Freeborn and the boards...no it wouldn't be lyrics, I suck at those unfortunately; it'd be actual music. I haven't got recording equipment unfortunately.

And I love Joker's art too! I can't believe it got insulted that time on here, well so I heard second hand, I was utterly shocked; the art has an actual style which most people just can't claim.

The reason I guess I feel I'm not such a high rank is because I'm sometimes afraid to talk on here. It's natural for me to be that way in real life, so why not online? Once I get to know someone, I talk for hours, though, although I'm still hiding 99% of myself because I'm very withdrawn and people actually are completely fooled by me (including my family). I guess online I don't have to be -as- shy, but I still am.

Anyway that's a compliment, I also remember people on here fairly well, I mean it's the only board I frequent, the only others are some local music boards where I was trying to meet musicians to jam with (In a non dangerous manner if possible). And Scott, you'll always be recalled for your novels. I can't wait to get my paws on those books! I want my copy signed hwlwnk

Anyway I better flee to bed, I have to work tomorrow ... I found a shape shifter novel in the bookshelf (My second job is working part time in a bookstore we own) and zombies, plan on bringing yet more books, free to a good bookshelf. (Mine!)

And on another note, I guess in a way the pack ranks aren't existent to new people, because those who don't post, simply haven't even become, essentially, part of the pack, until they make themselves known, because everyone here welcomes everybody with open arms. I guess it depends how the ranks are given. (mentally given)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Lena
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lena »

I did not vote as I don't know what these terms mean, except for Alfa which is top pair in pack. This I am not. I am eager supporter of pack and leader.

So I will have puff things on sides and look sort of pretty. :D
To hunt, to run, this is living, this is freedom, this is me.

Things can change overnight; it depends upon how late you stay up and with whom you are doing it.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

PariahPoet wrote:Oh geeze, who freakin cares..... She's not saying Omega=Z, she's saying they're both the last letter. Why are we all having such a hissy fit about it?
I can hardly call my short two sentence post a "hissy fit". I was just being kindly informative.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

That wasn't just at you, it was the several people before you as well.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

holy crap look what i started..... :o *slinks away very slowly not to make a noise*
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

*pounces on whitepaw* Gotcha!

I'm more in between Alpha and Omega, but certainly not Beta.

Theta, Delta, Gamma, and the like...
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

psiguy wrote:*pounces on whitepaw* Gotcha!

I'm more in between Alpha and Omega, but certainly not Beta.

Theta, Delta, Gamma, and the like...

GHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! *growlls playfully and pounces Psiguy back* hehehe
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

hehehe! look at whitepaw and psiguy go!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

*sees nacho and pounces him growlling playfully*
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

*wrestles back*
gha!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Lena
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lena »

*growls* Childrens! This not place to play! Silly cubs.

Things can change overnight; it depends upon how late you stay up and with whom you are doing it.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

*Takes out the potato gun and loads up some duckies.* Time for some crowd control! *Shoots randomly.*

:ducktoss3: :toxicduckie: :dizzy: :explode2: :nohowling: :Duckietoss: :wetwolf8: :duckbomb:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Lena
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Lena »

*Rons away* AHHHHHH! Ducks!

Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Hhehehehehehe....
Ah, the sweet smell of chaos and anarchy....
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Kanibal »

*peers around corner* Some times lurking is a good thing.

you missed :missed:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Ok...i didn't know the pack had a rank structure and why isn't there a choice for those of us who are none of the above ??
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

Rank structures suck majorly

I'm an Anarchist so rank structures really dont sit well with me :x

Laters
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fenrir wrote:Ok...i didn't know the pack had a rank structure and why isn't there a choice for those of us who are none of the above ??

like i said before i put an " other please explain" choice but i guess it didnt show up....sorry :)
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

White Paw wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Ok...i didn't know the pack had a rank structure and why isn't there a choice for those of us who are none of the above ??

like i said before i put an " other please explain" choice but i guess it didnt show up....sorry :)
fine I'll explain I'am just an ordinarry member, so......I don't have a rank 8)