Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I was surpised no one had posted anything about this show. I do believe its on it's 2nd or 3rd Season. I'd have to say for being animated and being picked by Nickeloden, it has fast become one of my favorites. I love the progress the show is making, the fight scenes are becoming better as all the characters become more experienced. I'm looking forward (yet kind of sad) to the end of the season today Friday December 1st. The show has its moments where you ask yourself "why did they say that" but it is on Nickeloden. Has anyone else seen it and do you like it?
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I have no clue what's going on

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

Ive seen most of the first season. My friend really likes it but Im not very into it.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Oh yes, I love Avatar. It's wicked.

How can you not love a show with Chinese hippies and possum-chickens? :lol:
Kalira
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kalira »

I'm a fan. My husband got the first season on DVD for me. I just finished it the other day. :D
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Its a very good series from what I've seen :) I dont catch too many of the eps on tv; see a lot of them out of order unfortuntly. I'd like to buy the season 1 dvd set soon. The story, animation, characters, music, ect is wonderful. Its nice to see an american cartoon show that has a serious tone to it with an on going storyline :D
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Avatar is a very good series. I really enjoy it, despite its "wanna-be anime" style
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

One of the few animation series out there that is really one of a kind. A good example of how american animation can pick a bit of anime and turn it into something still unique and original (against cheesy approach like Martyn Mistery.. or those spy girls). The animations is gorgeous and has some of the best fighting choreographies I've seen in an animation...and the story, not being a master piece- is still catching and has characters that can really shine, though they still lack of some charisma . I still woudl push down a little in the narrative to make it feel more like a real series instead the american stereotype to make different adventures for each chapter- despite the journey in the middle...

Anyway the show has a lot potential to grow up and to mature in a good way.
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Avatar, is an American cartoon? I thought it was japanese. ??
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Nope. It's American
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

:kasa: japan couldnt do it
:unclewolf: so USA did
USA uSA USA 8)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

lol that's great :P
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Yes its funny, but it looks too much like a anime-wannabe for me, and furthermore the show has been translated in Dutch over here, so that ruins the fun a lot I think.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Avatar may have a wanna be anime style, but i actually like it, unlike totally spies or any other wanna be american pseudo anime. It has a good story and thats all that really matters.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Avatar is actually really good I think. Its one of the better cartoons that Ive seen in a while. :)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Jarden
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Jarden »

I haven't seen it that much. But from what I have seen (Sword fight between Zuku and... guy with starw in his mouth...:P) I like it. I'm starting to find out when it's on. ... yay.
"River running free, You know how I feel" --Feeling Good.
Which, at 3 AM, didn't make any sense to me. The river is (usually,) always running. So, it really wouldn't know how he felt. Imagine what the river would give to play a game, write a play or run right back up the hill. Now, that's freedom.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I was acutally quite dissapointed by the season finale resently. For anyone who is up to date with it, I was wondering why the sister can shoot blue lightning and blue fire whereas no one else in the fire nation can. Maybe they will explain this in the next season, it something that has been bothering me for quite some time.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Jarden wrote:(Sword fight between Zuku and... guy with starw in his mouth...:P)
:lol: Jet. That would be Jet. (And it's Zuko, by the way.)
twirrlacurl wrote:I was wondering why the sister can shoot blue lightning and blue fire whereas no one else in the fire nation can.
Lightning...lightning is a very advanced Firebending technique. It's difficult and takes an enormous amount of practice. It's done by seperating the energies of Yin and Yang, and letting them come back together again to form electricity. It's very dangerous, which is another reason there aren't many Firebenders who can do it. You don't control the lightning. You merely guide it in the direction you want it to go.

As for the blue fire...

Fire turns blue when it burns at its hottest. Azula being able to produce blue fire means she's extremely good at Firebending, and is a very powerful bender. She has talent oozing out of her ears in other words. If you pay attention you'll see that even though she can bend blue fire, it doesn't stay blue for long once it lights something, and cools down to the same color as regular fire.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

good thing set listens to the dragon in the west :D
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

Hmmmm, that was a little condecending... I realize hot fire is blue and white, and it means she's good at it. Still doesn't explain why she's the only one. I guess makes sense tho Azula- in spanish Azul means blue- Maybe she's just one of a kind, born with it perhaps, so thats why they named her that.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lukas »

well azula you remember is considered "the best" next to the fire lord, and we dont see alot of other "good" fire benders besides zukos grand father
CyberWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CyberWolf »

Now to wait till Season 3 starts... The supposedly FINAL season.
A lot to cram in 1 season:
- Retake/liberate Ba Sing Se
- Aang mastering Fire Bending (maybe metal bending, like Toph did in the final episodes)
- Traveling to the Fire Nation capital
- Defeat Fire Lord Ozai and his army

In my opinion, too much for 1 season.....