Getting the word out about Freeborn

The place for anything at all...
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Getting the word out about Freeborn

Post by Jamie »

I'm using my blog (see this post) to try to spread the word about Freeborn. I'd like to ask others here, if you believe in Freeborn like I do and have a blog, please make a post about it.

Thank you.
-Jamie Hall
Do you like monsters? See Monster Mania!
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Actaully I posted about FreeBorn once in my DA journal along with the trailer an the Pack forums an I also have it in my journal at all times an I always spread the word to fellow werewolf artist on DA :jester:
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Actaully I posted about FreeBorn once in my DA journal along with the trailer an the Pack forums an I also have it in my journal at all times an I always spread the word to fellow werewolf artist on DA :jester:
Cool! Sounds like you've been a lot busier than me.
-Jamie Hall
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

That's a good idea. Say I've got some places to advertise too! Anyone ever hear of Gamespot? One person has a Werewolf and supernatural union there. It could draw in a crowd I think. 8)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Since I dont want to lead that idiot off Myspace here, Im advertising by word of mouth really, not online but offline with posters. Hopefully I can get them printed soon, but it might be better to release them closer to the movie's release date, because of the nature of the public around here.

But maybe a few more on the boards would be good. I have to decide, once they're printed. I used to run a competition (On Pack Business) but decided to use everybody's posters in different spots or change them periodically. If anyone's interested in having a poster displayed here for me to download, go to my post (You don't have to be in Australia, they're for anyone to print and use in their country).

:P

Unfortunately I dont visit many places online so I don't know where online to advertise!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

darkest wolf wrote:That's a good idea. Say I've got some places to advertise too! Anyone ever hear of Gamespot? One person has a Werewolf and supernatural union there. It could draw in a crowd I think. 8)
Any place you can post is a good idea, so long as it is allowed by the rules of that particular website. If we can all remind people about Freeborn every once in a while, it'll help keep the buzz going. After all, that's one of the secrets behind the uber-success of Star Wars. Whenever the buzz looked like it might die down, George Lucas would find a way to start it up again.
-Jamie Hall
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I agree with you all that everyone in the pack should spread as much about Freeborn as possible. The only problem is that we do not have a date. If we advertise to early this film could be easily forgotten. But hopefully we will draw in alot of new interested people. So by all means flood the internet! Paws crossed!! :o
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

Jamie wrote:
darkest wolf wrote:That's a good idea. Say I've got some places to advertise too! Anyone ever hear of Gamespot? One person has a Werewolf and supernatural union there. It could draw in a crowd I think. 8)
Any place you can post is a good idea, so long as it is allowed by the rules of that particular website. If we can all remind people about Freeborn every once in a while, it'll help keep the buzz going. After all, that's one of the secrets behind the uber-success of Star Wars. Whenever the buzz looked like it might die down, George Lucas would find a way to start it up again.
Well I can't directly advertise. They will lose activity. But if I contact the leader first he can advertise if he chooses too. But yeah I'll stick to the rules.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

I've been waiting not all that patiently for this movie to come out ever since I downloaded and watched the trailer the best part of a year ago.

Problem is, I don't do all that much on the internet, and most of my friends in a lot of the places I do go to (particularly Live Journal and a couple of message board type sites) aren't interested in werewolves. And in any case I've probably way exhausted their tolerance of me by inflicting a horribly badly written Nanowrimo werewolf story on them. But once the movie gets off the ground (and definitely once it's got a release date) I'll be bringing the subject up on a regular basis.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

I've sent a note about Freeborn to one horror-movie site more than a year ago, but so far they didn't write anything. Perhaps they thought that there's no point in doing so at such early stage of production. I'll contact them again as soon as there is a release date.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Okay.. Anthony the producer stepping in here..

Strategy.. and you're all a part of it.. Lets tone down spreading the word at the moment.. I say this for this reason. We dont have anything 'new' to toute yet.. let use get some more stuff 'ready', that will really help ' push' things along.. I'll get back to you on some various things that might wind up helping, and not wind up hurting, say "yeah, I saw that teaser overa year ago.. whaddup with that? "

AB
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I posted in a Home theater forum that has almost 70,000 members. I also posted in another forum thats into monster comics. Some are interested in the film. I'll post updates once there is more info about Freeborn. (Like a release date, pictures, actors, ETC.)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

ABrownrigg wrote:Okay.. Anthony the producer stepping in here..

Strategy.. and you're all a part of it.. Lets tone down spreading the word at the moment.. I say this for this reason. We dont have anything 'new' to toute yet.. let use get some more stuff 'ready', that will really help ' push' things along.. I'll get back to you on some various things that might wind up helping, and not wind up hurting, say "yeah, I saw that teaser overa year ago.. whaddup with that? "

AB
Please take note of what Anthony says.

Spreading the word about a not-yet-in-full-production film whose only proof of being more than just a concept is a teaser that has not been updated in more than a year might actually generate negative publicity, as a project that looks like it is struggling to get off the ground does not look too exiting to many.

Film marketing is a delicate campaign. There is an art and a strategy to when, where and how to do it effectively.

No one can force you to curb your enthusiasm, and I would not ask you to, but it would be advisable to wait for Anthony to tell us when, where and how he would like us to help spread Hype for this film. Until then...be patient.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

Vuldari wrote: Please take note of what Anthony says.

Spreading the word about a not-yet-in-full-production film whose only proof of being more than just a concept is a teaser that has not been updated in more than a year might actually generate negative publicity, as a project that looks like it is struggling to get off the ground does not look too exiting to many.

Film marketing is a delicate campaign. There is an art and a strategy to when, where and how to do it effectively.

No one can force you to curb your enthusiasm, and I would not ask you to, but it would be advisable to wait for Anthony to tell us when, where and how he would like us to help spread Hype for this film. Until then...be patient.

True. Hopefully, I don't think enough people read my blog for me to really have hurt anything, but the few who do are likely to remain enthusiastic for a long time.
-Jamie Hall
Jamie
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Jamie »

On second thought, it would probably be best just to delete this whole thread, to keep people from jumping the gun while reading the earlier portion of it.
-Jamie Hall
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

That's true. We should probably get this deleted.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Agreed an Respected AB I'll chill out on my part :)
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

ill keep my muzzle shut on my instant messengers ...... no further word shall be spread...if any one asks perhaps just send them to check out the pack boards first... :)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

That said, I'll keep my existing DeviantArt posts for the moment. I showed off a "Freeborn" themed desktop about a year back, and it's still up.

Here it is: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21218615/

I'll wait until some major announcement before I start posting my next commentary. In the mean time, I suppose we could refer werewolf enthusiasts here, or help stir up interest in Hour of Darkness and Camp Lycanthrope.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Scott Gardener wrote:That said, I'll keep my existing DeviantArt posts for the moment. I showed off a "Freeborn" themed desktop about a year back, and it's still up.

Here it is: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/21218615/

I'll wait until some major announcement before I start posting my next commentary. In the mean time, I suppose we could refer werewolf enthusiasts here, or help stir up interest in Hour of Darkness and Camp Lycanthrope.
Hey that's a swell idea Scott!! I'll take that advice to mind :jester:
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: La Loba Loca
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Kuro »

I've got it on my myspace along with the links to the website and forums 8)

~Kuro
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

ABrownrigg wrote:Okay.. Anthony the producer stepping in here..

AB
Yeah, as I said above as well, that's partly why I haven't got the posters up, due to the nature of the public around here. They'll just forget about the movie.

And it kind of matches not having the photocopier to do the posters with right now. When I put that competition up, I expected the process of getting posters ready to take months, and it has. People have posted them, but I have a lot on my plate right now and getting them to my dad's work and getting that photocopier done, actually distributing them...that's months away, probably more as I'm gonna be working three jobs plus University come the end of Feburary.

Hence, posters aren't planned on being put up for a very long time. So keep the damn things coming :lol:. You can find my post in the Pack Business section.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-