Would Werewolves Celebrate Christmas?...

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Templar wrote::missed: :x
Dude...what...did...I...say...about...the...DUCKIEEEESS!!!
:pissedoff:
In light of the season, you can try to hit me with a tree...AND JUST A TREE...that's as far as my yuletide spirit will allow....

Now, where were we :D ?

*Whacks Fig*
Hehehehehehehe.....

ok....Merry Xmas, Templar Image

:santa:

Yup..thats an Xmas tree that whacked you. Plus a smelly fish and the traditional duckie surprise :jester:
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

Hey Fig! :duckbomb: :santa: :thpt2:

Hehehehe Happy Christmas and yes i think any werewolf would celebrate it as well. Its that time of year when everyone should get together and celebrate the season no matter what religion or species they are :wink: :lol:

And as for the tree idea... *wackwackwackwackwackwacks away on Templar and Figarou* :D
*When you're down... howl*
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

:missed:
Fig!! Respect my AUTHORITAH! :biteme: :punishment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85xAVgV0mE
Just replace that guy's staff wit a christmas tree, and ya got our current situation!
Hehehhe YEEEeEEEEEEaAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Oh good! More people are joining the fray!! Now it's a holiday tradition!!
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Being "monsters" and all, some werewolves might be reluctant to participate in anything Christian, but I think the majority of them would.

If you wanted me to pick just one, however, I think the werewolf holiday would be the Solstice. On one hand, werewolves can only ever expect to move about freely at night, so the longest night of the year might be an occasion to have a quiet get-together. Also, of the many holidays celebrated this time of year, the Solstice is the only one not directly tied to a specific culture and/or religion, so it might be the ideal choice for a generic season's greetings for the nonreligious.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

How about a tree decorated with duckies? :)

One has to wonder what the tree-weapon of the winner would look like? Probably the Charlie Brown tree...
ImageImageImageImage
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

"whacks everyone in sight with my christmas tree!*

HUrting your family is the surest expression of a werewolves love and warmth this holiday season! WHAMMO!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:"whacks everyone in sight with my christmas tree!*

HUrting your family is the surest expression of a werewolves love and warmth this holiday season! WHAMMO!

well then.

*grabs a Christmas tree and whacks Matt*

Merry Christmas to you as well.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Yes, they would, for the origans of Christmas are not from Christianity, but from Rome. The celebration of Saturnalia, dedicated to guess who....Saturn!! This holiday is basically like Christmas, except without Jesus and replace him with Saturn and him being an old man at the dinner table. Well everyone gave gifts this time of year, and was one of the reasons many did not want to convert to Christianity. So they changed the named. So even though it maybe sacriligeous to the Werewolves, technically it's sacriligeous to the Christians too :lol: . Plus Christmas is fun, I mean even a muslim friend of mine celebrates Christmas.....isn't that strange!? Even athiests celebrate it, because it's fundementally a season of sharing and giving, and people who repell those values are just ignorant and starving for attention.

Happy hollidays everybody!!!
Last edited by Fenrir on Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kanibal »

Merry Christmas to all of you that celebrate it!

*Thwump* Oh look! Domino effect :lol:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

in human form....probably....in were form.....most likely not... :)
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Celebrating Christmas?

Probably. They'd just have to get over the urge to pee on the trees.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Fenrir wrote:Yes, they would, for the origans of Christmas are not from Christianity, but from Rome. The celebration of Saturnalia, dedicated to guess who....Saturn!! This holiday is basically like Christmas, except without Jesus and replace him with Saturn and him being an old man at the dinner table. Well everyone gave gifts this time of year, and was one of the reasons many did not want to convert to Christianity. So they changed the named. So even though it maybe sacriligeous to the Werewolves, technically it's sacriligeous to the Christians too :lol: . Plus Christmas is fun, I mean even a muslim friend of mine celebrates Christmas.....isn't that strange!? Even athiests celebrate it, because it's fundementally a season of sharing and giving, and people who refect those values are just ignorant and starving for attention.

Happy hollidays everybody!!!
Good point. Werewolves might be more quick to point out the origins of Christmas though, seeing as, according to a frenzied Catholic definition, Christmas is just as sacrilegious as werewolves are.

So hey, Merry Christmas everybody! *Juggles chainsaws*
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

:resists the urge to make Terastas trip: :P
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I would think that they celebrate christmas. I don't see a reason why not.

In my world of rabid they do, exept my character just uses this time to get drunk due to the memories of the family he had that kicked him out on his a** and called him a monster for showing them what he really is.

I seriously think it's a problem that i actually want to be like that! :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Kanibal
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kanibal »

Anubis wrote:I seriously think it's a problem that i actually want to be like that! :P
You are not alone, in situation or opinion.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Werewolves and Christmas...

Post by RedEye »

Io, Saturnalia! Remember: Saturn was the bringer of Change! Considering how one acts as a Werewolf (changing) it would likely be a number one holiday! :D
So what if Santa's got teeth and Fuzz: he's got toys for the kids and Schnapps for the adults...Truce tonight! :santa:
Plus, would a Werewolf pass up a chance to get buzzed and howl off key with nobody noticing? Reeeeally?/ :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Moonstalker
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moonstalker »

I see no reason why they can't celebrate like humans :D
In darkness I travel
In shadows I walk

Guided by the beast in me...
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Imho I highly doubt it..They might have something else they celebrate that day, but no christmas.. :P
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

I agree with the opinon that it would depend on what they celebrated in life. Werewolves being a mix of human and wolf would probably hold the human instinct of tradition. Also, both socities if you will hold family in high standard (Yes I know in wolves it is called a pack.). So, it is likely that they would probably use the time to spend with their families. And probably also party. What culture doesn't like to have alittle fun?
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Imho I highly doubt it..They might have something else they celebrate that day, but no christmas.. :P
They would celebrate Lupercalia! The Roman holiday created to honor the mother wolf, Lupa, that raised Remus and Romulus. Its February 15th. :howl:  :oo
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Imho I highly doubt it..They might have something else they celebrate that day, but no christmas.. :P
I highly doubt the idea that they would have a completely different, weres-only religion...that just doesn't make sense to me.

What? ...so, if they were baptized and born Christian, the day after they are bitten they suddenly would decide, "Oh...I'm a Werewolf now. I guess that means I don't believe in Jesus any more, so I'm going to stop celebrating Christmas now...even though I've been doing it faithfully every year for 28 years, being one of the most important days in my entire known belief system, and it was my favorite holiday..."

Yeah...that makes sense... Image

Also...even born weres would likely have at least a few 'bitten' parents/grandparents/ancestors who would have carried on the religion they were born with any passed it on to their offspring.

Judaism, Islam...whatever. I see no reason for Werewolves to stop following the same religions they did as regular humans.

...that's just me, of course... IMHO
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Vuldari wrote:Judaism, Islam...whatever. I see no reason for Werewolves to stop following the same religions they did as regular humans.
Absolutely... And also, Christmas isn't necessary a religious celebration any more, despite the name... it's a heavily promoted commercial occasion and habitual family get-together time.

I know that in the hypothetical case of me ever getting bitten by a werewolf... I'd never give up on family Christmas events... and I've had nothing to do with religion for over 20 years now.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

MoonKit wrote:
They would celebrate Lupercalia! The Roman holiday created to honor the mother wolf, Lupa, that raised Remus and Romulus. Its February 15th. :howl:  :oo
Sadly, the term "Lupa" was also the term for w**** in Rome.
Even more sadly, It Fits..... :P
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

I think it would vary between each being.