The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

James Brown Dies early this morn..

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061225/ap_ ... obit_brown

Dunno if anyone on here listened to his music. I for one did..He will be missed for sure.. :mourn:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That sucks. james brown was the man. The MAAAAANNNNNN!
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

As a scooterist and lover of sweet soul music, I am sad. He was a great man. I will miss him. :cry:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Nooo! Wn\hy now why on christmas, why why? :cry: :mourn:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

James Brown...was a scuzzball. Just because he's famous, he can get away with beating his wife.

Celebrities get all the perks, eh?

... *shrug* Can't make myself feel sorry for him. Just can't.

He had a house somewhere near here. Wonder who owns it now?
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:o He checked himself into the hospitol and then he just got worse, but he seemed fine yesterday, according to the news. that's so sad...The godfather of soul, gone. :(
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Set wrote:James Brown...was a scuzzball. Just because he's famous, he can get away with beating his wife.

He beat his wife?! That's awful!! I had no idea he did such things..eh..bastard.. :x
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

As much trouble as he got into his music will be missed. *Looks at his favorite album.* May his music last forever!

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm still kind of reeling from my Mom's heart attack. I knew James Brown was a wifebeater and I wasn't roaringly a fan of his music either, but I looked at how old he was...three years younger than Mom...and I keep thinking, "Damn. Here's a death with a side of irony."

I guess his legacy for me is thankfulness that it was him and not my Mom that died yesterday.
ImageImageImageImage
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

you see, set, mebbe he was horrible for beating his wife, and mebbe that is unforgivable, but his judgement is not for us to decide. that's God's job, you know?

and anyways, how can you not be sad that someone died? James Brown will never be able to have anymore fun here on earth, he will never be able to make more good music for people to enjoy ever again, and he will never be able to do God's will here on earth anymore. and jus think bout his friends and fam ('cept mebbe his wife, i guess, if he beat her) can you imagine what they're going through? their friend or relative jus died on Christmas. how sad would that be?

and yeah, shadow wulf, the only answer i have for you "why on christmas" question is this:
at least is wasn't on christmas eve. then, he would have been so close to this great holiday (i love christmas! happy birthday
Jesus!) and died before it came. that seems worse to me than dying on christmas, knamean?

but yes, he will be missed... rest in peace, James Brown! rest in peace! may the Lord bless you!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Set wrote:James Brown...was a scuzzball. Just because he's famous, he can get away with beating his wife.

He beat his wife?! That's awful!! I had no idea he did such things..eh..bastard.. :x

hmm m I' didn't know that, go figure..... I wonder if he ever stopped doing that, what evil creature could do such a thing
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Huh, that article changed since yesterday. They had a part about him going to jail that's missing now.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

nachoboy wrote:you see, set, mebbe he was horrible for beating his wife, and mebbe that is unforgivable, but his judgement is not for us to decide. that's God's job, you know?

and anyways, how can you not be sad that someone died? James Brown will never be able to have anymore fun here on earth, he will never be able to make more good music for people to enjoy ever again, and he will never be able to do God's will here on earth anymore. and jus think bout his friends and fam ('cept mebbe his wife, i guess, if he beat her) can you imagine what they're going through? their friend or relative jus died on Christmas. how sad would that be?

and yeah, shadow wulf, the only answer i have for you "why on christmas" question is this:
at least is wasn't on christmas eve. then, he would have been so close to this great holiday (i love christmas! happy birthday
Jesus!) and died before it came. that seems worse to me than dying on christmas, knamean?

but yes, he will be missed... rest in peace, James Brown! rest in peace! may the Lord bless you!
well, actually, not all philosophies A: believe in god, your god, any god, etc and b: dictate that you should be sad when someone dies.

So please don't ask that we not judge him. You even by posting this have a judgment in your head... whether or not you believe it is your right to do so.

My two cents is that everyone dies... and no one has their full potential reached before they die... so get over it. Appreciate his works, yes, enjoy his music, yes. Mourn? NO. Don't waste your time in sadness when i'm sure he would rather you use your time wisely.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, what you said may very well be true, k. is it okay if i call you k? it's jus that i feel that we should all have some respect and feel at least some sadness for him and erybody who was close to him, knamean? i guess i understand what you're sayin, but i'm not sure that i agree.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

If he beat his wife then he should have been dead a long time ago because she should have killed him. :x
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

nachoboy wrote:yeah, what you said may very well be true, k. is it okay if i call you k? it's jus that i feel that we should all have some respect and feel at least some sadness for him and erybody who was close to him, knamean? i guess i understand what you're sayin, but i'm not sure that i agree.
Yeah I agree with nacho. Yeah, he's had some serious F*** ups, but he had a musical talent that deserves to be recognized. Sure he beats his wife, I'm sure he did a lot of other things, which I am not going to say should be done. Alright I'm not gonna go goody-goody-two shoes on you but look at the man he really was, not a "wife beater" but "the godfather of Soul".

I'll shut up now...

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I just don't think it's fair, that just because he sang a song or two, I'm supposed to just ignore every unforgivable thing he ever did. Anyone else would have been remembered as a horrible person.

As for the not feeling sad thing...if I cried over every person who died, I'd never stop. Thousands of people die each day. I don't see any topics for them. Again, the only reson James Brown gets any attention is because he's famous. Next time you want to b**** at me for not boo-hooing over some rich guy who kicked the bucket remember that it's hypocritical. So stop preachin', or take your own advice and waste your lives mourning.
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l

Post by darkest wolf »

You bring a good point there too, Set. I guess mine was a bit tweaked.

MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

The man had problems. EVERYBODY does. NO ONE is perfect. So let's just call it as it is.

He was a great entertainer. He helped break through color barriers, and was an artist above all else.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Set wrote:I just don't think it's fair, that just because he sang a song or two, I'm supposed to just ignore every unforgivable thing he ever did. Anyone else would have been remembered as a horrible person.
Conversely, just because someone's famous it's no reason to bring up every bad thing they've ever done.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Lupin wrote:
Set wrote:I just don't think it's fair, that just because he sang a song or two, I'm supposed to just ignore every unforgivable thing he ever did. Anyone else would have been remembered as a horrible person.
Conversely, just because someone's famous it's no reason to bring up every bad thing they've ever done.
Well its like Michael Jackson. The man is a wack job but people still love him because they like his music. Why would you listen to music that comes from somebody that you dont respect? There are plenty of good songs out there that come from pretty nice musicians. :D
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

MoonKit wrote:Why would you listen to music that comes from somebody that you dont respect?
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your post, but why would you base your enjoyment of someone's talent on their personal life?
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
MoonKit wrote:Why would you listen to music that comes from somebody that you dont respect?
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your post, but why would you base your enjoyment of someone's talent on their personal life?
Well to truly understand someones music you have to know a little about where they come from. At least I think so. Not that you cant like a song by someone you dont know anything about or someone you dislike but then dont buy their CD.

For example: I will admit to liking Avril Lavign's music but I think she's a brat. Ill enjoy the song while its on but I wont give my money to her.

I dont know...its just ruins it for me if I find out that the person is an asshole. There's so much other music from nicer people that is just as great, it would be like settling. *shrugs*
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

-Bows with respect- musicians deserve respect!

Even if they are nasty personalities, like Axl Rose. Pity he was a wife beater though (Just read that up there!). Thats worse than Axl Rose. Well at least his music will live on. But death shouldn't be a good thing for anybody, maybe a good sentance in jail for wife beating, though.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Sorry!!

Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."