Let the CG battles commence!

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Just so you know, not all of those movies are CG.
Then why did you say the were? ??
Some are, some aren't. I'm letting you know.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Well, have fun riding your vac. And while you are at it, do some cleaning. :jester:
You haven't seen that movie have you? That's a totally normal and expected result.
Are you talking about Disney's brave little toaster? No, I havn't seen it.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:Well, have fun riding your vac. And while you are at it, do some cleaning. :jester:
You haven't seen that movie have you? That's a totally normal and expected result.
Didn't think so.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:
Didn't think so.

Sue me. :P

:jester:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote: Sue me. :P

:jester:
*makes a note to call his lawer monday morning*
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

*sigh* Well, I rented Valiant tonight, which came with a Disney Movie Surfers' look at Disney's The Wild.

I think they've sealed their doom in the CG wars. They could not have possibly made it any more obvious that it's a ripoff of Madagascar. The premesis is the same: four animals from the New York Zoo are accidentally shipped off to the wild. The main character is a lion, one of his sidekicks is a giraffe (another is a koala so at least they added a little originality), and apparently one of the running gags will involve macho-buff penguins. Oh yeah, and the animations looks reminiscent of Kaze: Ghost Warrior.

D.I.S.N.E.Y.: Did I Screw Not Everyone Yet?
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

Terastas wrote:D.I.S.N.E.Y.: Did I Screw Not Everyone Yet?
if i remember it correctly it is disneys 3d movies which are usualy imitated
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

WereDog wrote:
Terastas wrote:D.I.S.N.E.Y.: Did I Screw Not Everyone Yet?
if i remember it correctly it is disneys 3d movies which are usualy imitated
There was a time when I would have disagreed since Pixar made the first 3D movies, but I'm starting to believe that. I made it 2/3 the way through Valiant before I hit a ripoff on Shark Tale's record player joke. . . Only it was funnier in the former because Dreamworks had the guts to use "Baby Got Back."

If I ever get a job with Disney, all of my Hidden Mickeys are going to involve pentagrams. :grinp:
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Lupin wrote:
Excelsia wrote:You didn't like The Brave Little Toaster :( ? I loved that movie...

I always wanted to strap a vacuum to a desk chair and ride around like that.

Come to think of it, my current vacuum cleaner is self-propeled.
Heh heh, that's awesome. I felt so bad for the cars.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Excelsia wrote:
Lupin wrote:
Excelsia wrote:You didn't like The Brave Little Toaster :( ? I loved that movie...
I always wanted to strap a vacuum to a desk chair and ride around like that.

Come to think of it, my current vacuum cleaner is self-propeled.
Heh heh, that's awesome. I felt so bad for the cars.
Mm. Hey, I've been wondering, how many of us would jump on a conveyor belt headed straight towards a compactor to save our household appliances? I mean. . . Don't get me wrong, I love english muffins in the morning, but I'm not so broke that I couldn't dip into my emergency savings to get a new one.

And yeah, the cars really ruined it for me too. The only thing worse than a gratuitous sex scene in my book is a gratuitous song and dance. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

More upcoming CGI movies

Disney - American Dog, Toy Story 3, MEET THE ROBINSONS

Pixar - Ratatioulle

PDI/DW - Bee Movie, KungFu Panda, Madagascar 2, Shrek The Third

Blue Sky - The Leaf Men and Brave Good Bugs

Sony- "Surf's Up"

Lionsgate-Happily Never After
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I'm voting HAPPY FEET as best animated picture of the year, if nothing else than it looks simply spectacular in IMAX, with Oscar-worthy cinematography.

Now who knows, a few years from now, critics might be complaining about more CG animal movies, sayig things like, "This Camp Lycanthrope is just another unwanted addition to a list that includes, Shrek 6, Over the hedge 3, Fox and the hound12, and Robin Hood 2, "Maid Marion gets hip dysplasia" ( it's a dog thing :} )

Can't wait to see how the future turns out ^-^
Chibiabos
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Chibiabos »

Don't forget Kaze: Ghost Warrior episode 2 and the enhanced and expanded re-release of episode 1!
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

It's a pity about Kaze...

ONE person did all that work, which, is actually kinda remarkable, and he deserves kudos for the effort. He has amazing talent. But the film...the end result however, was..well...unimpressive. I wish I could say otherwise.

Now, if he had a team of people working under him, that's another story. it frees you up to concentrate on things like story. I myself can barely tolerate working in CG animation. It's such a CHORE if it's just yourself who makes it...
Chibiabos
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Chibiabos »

Actually he has a team for the sequel, but if its not your cup of tea, then its not your cup of tea.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Sequel? You mean...to Kaze, or to Freeborn? I know he's doing effects for that.
Chibiabos
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Chibiabos »

MattSullivan wrote:Sequel? You mean...to Kaze, or to Freeborn? I know he's doing effects for that.
Kaze

He's also remaking the original (which was only intended as a pilot of sorts, a proof of concept). The original is going to receive enhancements in the form of extra scenes, more voice actors, and tails for the characters (which he hadn't done originally due to complications with the software). Tim wanted, and -- I hope you'll agree -- succeeded in proving that one person can make a quality CGI animation on their own for (compared with even 'shoestring' independent film budgets) very little money -- about $5,000 in hardware + software.

Tim has quite a lot on his plate ... he's been animating the Cylons for this season's Battlestar Galactica, and he's got both Freeborn and Kaze to work on.
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Am I allowed to bring up CGI Cartoons such as "Roughnecks"? Because I liked that better than anything else listed....well except the Pagemaster, though that wasn't necessarily CG.

uhm just to be safe CG = Computer Generated and CGI = Computer Generated Image? :(
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:It's a pity about Kaze...

ONE person did all that work, which, is actually kinda remarkable, and he deserves kudos for the effort. He has amazing talent. But the film...the end result however, was..well...unimpressive. I wish I could say otherwise.

Now, if he had a team of people working under him, that's another story. it frees you up to concentrate on things like story. I myself can barely tolerate working in CG animation. It's such a CHORE if it's just yourself who makes it...
*nods* Kaze is a very impressive movie, but only when you consider the fact that it was made by one man on two computers for $5000 in only six months. It's not something I would ever pay seven bucks to watch on the big screen, but it is something I'd expect everyone taking an animation class to have to watch.

If you ask me, what's really depressing about Kaze is that it doesn't look like the cheapest CG movie to make. I am so glad I didn't buy Hoodwinked just because a wolf was in it. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:It's a pity about Kaze...

*nods* Kaze is a very impressive movie, but only when you consider the fact that it was made by one man on two computers for $5000 in only six months. It's not something I would ever pay seven bucks to watch on the big screen, but it is something I'd expect everyone taking an animation class to have to watch.

If you ask me, what's really depressing about Kaze is that it doesn't look like the cheapest CG movie to make. I am so glad I didn't buy Hoodwinked just because a wolf was in it. :P

Thats where "renting" comes in. (From Blockbuster)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Yes, unfortunatly, some peole WILL go see anything just because it has a wolf in it. Or a tiger. or whatever. I USED to do that growing up cos i liked all animal stories. But now I'm older, and it takes more than that to get me in a theater.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Thats where "renting" comes in. (From Blockbuster)
*nods* That's what I did. :D

And yeah, I used to be gullible and buy stuff just because it was cheap and had a favorite animal on the cover or in the movie trailer. Now I don't have a financial cushion anymore.
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Just saw the Kaze trailer. I want to buy it so badly now :)

I mean I've wanted to do something like that my whole life. Create something, whether it is a program or a movie or anything by "MYSELF"!

Err but is there any where else you can buy it besides their website? or will they becoming out with Kaze 2 and 1 in a package deal when 2 comes out?
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Chibiabos
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Chibiabos »

deruty wrote:Just saw the Kaze trailer. I want to buy it so badly now :)

I mean I've wanted to do something like that my whole life. Create something, whether it is a program or a movie or anything by "MYSELF"!

Err but is there any where else you can buy it besides their website? or will they becoming out with Kaze 2 and 1 in a package deal when 2 comes out?
They will be bundled together, and 1 will be redone in the package with enhancements such as tails for the characters, extra scenes (such as Kaze's father talking about him) and voice acting (Tim did all of the voice acting originally himself, which is why none of the female characters had voices). Its up to you if you want to wait. :)

There is a Kaze CCG now available from Tim's new shop site at http://loupguru.com
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Well I haven't seen Kaze yet, and I think I won't now that I know the first one is going to be remade with tails (think I'll just wait for that one) but it is impressive that he did all of that himself. That is an ambitious goal and whether I like the movie or not, because of the content (computer animated tiger-ghost-samurai-warrior), and the fact that he put so much into the film, I would definitely buy it. I also believe that Freeborn's CG effects are in good hands.

-Neko