A PACK get-together at SAN DIEGO COMICON-The biggest of all.

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

A PACK get-together at SAN DIEGO COMICON-The biggest of all.

Post by MattSullivan »

I am proposing something radical here...The PACK should get together at comic-con in 2007

Why Comic-con, and not A-kon, or some smaller convention? Well, I'll tell you why. Contacts people...Contacts.

The San Diego comicon is the LARGEST and most INSANE gathering for popular culture in the world. Last year, over 125,000 fans attnded. And every year, it gets bigger, with more celebritites, important Hollywood people, and enough movers and shakers to make your head spin. They had to add an addition to the convention center just to hold all the attendees.

So many people here are trying to pick a place for the PACK fans to get together. Why not skip all those smaller cons, and go fo rthe biggest and best? We could also hold a forum, in one of the many rooms there. For those of us looking for funding for our films, there is NO BETTER place to get discovered. Hell, we could even get a BOOTH to promote some of our projects. And you talk about raising awareness for the pack website? Dang!

What do you guys think?
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, when is san diego comicon?

personally, i think it's a good idea! and i may be able to go, depeneding on when it is! wootness!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Well hey that'd be awesome!! But still alot of people can't travel there..I mean I could, but alot of folks couldn't..I'd love to meet some other Pack members :jester:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

OOH OOH OOH OOH MEMEMEMEME i sooooooooooooo want to go ..... :o :howl:  :oo :wagtail:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Wont be able to get to San Diego at all. :( Im over on the East Coast. Nice idea though, Matt.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Hmmmm...I'm not sure about this one.

Its either A-kon or Comic-con. I can't go to both.

There is no telling if I can go to either one. Right now...the senior Exxon drivers are picking the days they want for vacation in 2007. Then it goes down the list of drivers. By the time I start with Exxon...the 2007 calender will be filled with vacation requests. The days I want could already be taken.

Its possible I could " trade days" with the driver that has the days I need.

I just have to wait and see.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Divided Loyalties

Post by RedEye »

Okay...We got Comi-Con for the West coasters,
Why not A-Kon for the central time crowd, and a specified Con on the east coast for the Easterners?
Since the idea is Contacts, why not set up three specific areas of Con-tact where we can gather them up and pass them up the line.
We're the Runners---Howling to the Pack--There's Game, There's Game!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Divided Loyalties

Post by Figarou »

RedEye wrote:Okay...We got Comi-Con for the West coasters,
Why not A-Kon for the central time crowd, and a specified Con on the east coast for the Easterners?
Since the idea is Contacts, why not set up three specific areas of Con-tact where we can gather them up and pass them up the line.

it'll be cheaper for me to head to a-kon anyways. (I'll be driving up there.)

I'll be spending more money if I go to Comic-con. (Gotta buy a plane ticket....which ain't cheap!!)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I wish...

I'd LOVE to go to a convention. Only one I've been to that involves well this sort of stuff is a Buffy/Angel one. I did meet James Marsters though!

We don't have many here and if they do we don't hear about them much. Anime ones tend to rip you off according to a friend (There's no dressing up fun or anything! Boring! I wanted to go as Gohan or something, I could get a tail made quick).

But anyhow I want to meet pack members. I had a dream that I did once. It was pretty odd. I talked to Fig for a few hours, and some of you were upstairs in this room and I was too nervous to go, and refused to. It was strange. (I'm really shy).
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:lol: Yeh I'm shy to. but one thing though if it was a bit closer to Texas I might have been able to go. see I live in El Paso Texas. but maybe in a few years if you guys are still doing it since by then I will be in LA. and one more thing. would a 14 to 15 year old be aloud to go?
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

What i'm saying is maybe you guys should start saving up some money so we can do this. Start now, and it won't be a problem.

No, a 14 year old should not be able to go without his/her parents. Sorry guys, i had to wait until i was older to do this kind of stuff on my own.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

oh :( ok. I will have to whait then.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

*ponders* Just when is this Convention anyway Matt? If I did want to go I'd like to know when it is so I could plan for it :jester:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I guess us easterners will just have to grin and bear it. :(
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

if i remember correctly, last year it was july 18 or so. but yeha, when is it this year, matt?
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

I would love to go, but unfortunatly I do not have the means to travel at the moment. Ah, I'm stuck on the other side of the states (MS. currently although I want to move.) But, I would love to go sometime. I suppose I will have to keep dreaming.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Divided Loyalties

Post by Shadow Wulf »

RedEye wrote:Okay...We got Comi-Con for the West coasters,
I think this idea is the best. It's not fair that the Pack meeting is only in Texas where easterners and westerners have trouble getting to. I would like to meet AB aswell and so does alot of other people. Here in Tampa we have really good A-Kon, we had japanese bands come here repeatedly and a guy from square enix stopped by this year. Not to mention getting into A-kon here is ALOT cheaper than the one in Texas. I think it cost less than a $50 to get into one.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kalira
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kalira »

Love to, but I'm in NY (the state, not the city) and running a grooming shop doesn't leave for much time off. I just started my business so no one can pay me vacation time but me, and therein lies the problem :P Perhaps next year when things are more stable.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Doesn't SOMEBODY on the East Coast have a list of Conventions?
What would work best is a list...there have to be some few Cons out on the East Coast.
Even little ones..... :roll:

I'm figuring on riding my Wolf (the Motorcycle) to both Comi-Con and A-Kon, but the East Coast is just a bit far...
As to the Housing: There are a lot of satellite communities around Spam de Eggo, and it's worth a forty-five minute drive to save fifty dollars a night; especially if you have three or so in your party. Perhaps there's a little time lost commuting, but the $avings will pay for your food.
Y'know, you could room with some Comic-crazy Smooths; you are all going to the same place. Check the Comic sites for people who need a roomie...just don't bite them (Real bad manners). lck
This can be done.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'd consider staying somewhere outside of town but I'm not sure whether I'd drive or not. The train station is a few blocks from where the con will be and I'd probably choose that mode of transport, and of course bring my bike with me.

Hey, wouldn't that be cool? See a werewolf riding a sparkly blue-and-silver recumbent bike around town :o 8)
ImageImageImageImage
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

counteroffer!

Let's all meet at WACKEN Openair 2007 in germany... :P
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Miragh wrote:counteroffer!

Let's all meet at WACKEN Openair 2007 in germany... :P
Haha..sorry Miragh, you've got less of a chance of that happening then I do of meeting on the east coast. You could always be a foreign exchange student. :wink: :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

I'm in NY right now - considering A-Kon currently. For me the travel isn't the huge problem or the financing it. It's the time crunch - I have to concentrate on getting to Alaska for a field school this summer.

I might drive out or convince my father, or his friend, to fly me out. Haven't decided yet - I won't go at all if this cuts into my field time.

Decisions, decisions.
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

MoonKit wrote:Haha..sorry Miragh, you've got less of a chance of that happening then I do of meeting on the east coast. You could always be a foreign exchange student. :wink: :D
Bah, one day it WILL happen! Maaaybe not at a huge festival, alright, but at least some sort of a small 'EU PACK Meeting' for those who simply can't afford the long flight overseas.

Although with regards to Freeborn's screenplay, I'm sure I'll see some pack members around here after the movie is showing. :)