[Bewere] Next Response time...

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Baphnedia

[Bewere] Next Response time...

Post by Baphnedia »

I'll be returning to do more RP responses tomorrow morning to allow more players access into the game (yes, it's crawling right now between a busy schedule - and I need some sleep). So, Saturday Morning (EDT) I'll be getting up and seeing what's here.

I'm still not sure just with how many stats I want to persue, or quit at. I may scrap the stat thing except for XP and MP, and let descriptions do the talking. What are your thoughts?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Next Response time...

Post by Vilkacis »

Baphnedia wrote:I'm still not sure just with how many stats I want to persue, or quit at. I may scrap the stat thing except for XP and MP, and let descriptions do the talking. What are your thoughts?
Either way is fine with me. Stats require more maintenance, but I think they make some aspects of the character easier to roleplay. Without stats, characters are a bit more flexible, but possibly less balanced; less rounded. A statless system would have the advantage of forcing players to put more thought into their character descriptions, thus increasing the quality of roleplay. I think I'm leaning slightly more towards less stats, as you have already mentioned that dice won't be used.

-- Vilkacis
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I'll go with that. Anyone care to second that motion?
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

I have no idea how to play with stats...sooo the less I need to undertand the better :D
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

*seconds*

I play better without stat-bog down. :lol:
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Thanks. Stats are hereby GONE (except XP and MP) I'll continue the game here shortlyish, so feel free to write some character descriptions, and all that. If you'd like something unusual, or have any more questions about the setting (I know there's a lot no one knows yet), then feel free to ask.

Character descriptions can include descriptions abotu mental aptitude, physical prowess and dexterity, though it should not be written:

STR: A bunch
DEX: Kind Of
INT: Stupid

A lot is based off of how your character description is written. Description is 90% of what's going on. Or close to it. Cya soon!
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

sooo *cough* what'sXPandMP *cough* :oops:
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

*cough* (it isn't contaigous is it?)

XP are Experience Points. They are used to pay for additional Magic Points and for proficiencies. The proficiencies are mainly used to help describe access to magic, as well as other talents that characters pick up along the way.

Earning XP: You earn XP for completing character goals (ones that are either PMmed to me, or listed on your character sheet), and for party goals. Also, I may award XP out for high levels of creativity in overcoming certain challenges. As no challenges have yet presented themselves, I'll not say what encounters are good candidates.

MP are Magic Points. One is used (temporarily) per TF, and also per spell cast. You gain your MPs back by resting. They cost 1 XP each, to buy permanently.
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darkmoon »

thanks..sounds a lot like a computer game...but that is easy enough for my simple mind... *grin* :D