LG: Lifes Good? Dont think so

The place for anything at all...
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

LG: Lifes Good? Dont think so

Post by fredriksam »

About 2 months ago i bought a LG tromm washing machine. It looks nice and washes big loads. However on the first load i noticed something was wrong.

It says quiet operation on the machine which is true during the wash. On the spin however, the machine sounds like its going to pieces. It stands still and everything but that NOISE AAARGGH!!!!!!!!! Also when starting the machine, it takes forever to get going, like 5 minutes or something.

Our neighbours really hate when we use it even if its on day time. I thought it was going to disappear over the time. Not so i,m afraid. Instead the noise has been worse and worse, until i on wendseday (yesterday) called the serviceman.

Luckily he could come next day (today). Checking out the machine, then saying that the drum is totally loose and that the micro computer has "problems". But he cannot repair it. Why not?

Simply because LG only use "certified" repair people to their machines. The serviceman knew it was a LG that was faulty so it seems strange.

Then he says the machine really should be replaced instead of repaired. Fine i says. But theres a catch; i have to send the buy receipt to LG, then they send someone over checking the machine, sending report to LG, THEN deciding what should be done.

Normally the store can make the decisions of replacing or not, except for LG products. And it doesnt tell its so on the paper.

If someone asks if LG is good is say NO.
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

LG is stupid. Because the advert annoys me :x

Hahaha!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

I have now bought another machine from AEG instead of dealing with LG crappy customer service. The AEG is really great. Very silent, so now my neighbours can let their ears take a rest.

The Lg machine i throwed away at our local dumpster. Surely theres gonna be some "collector" from Poland getting it, but i dont care about that. (i live pretty close to where the Poland ferry goes)
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

The title of the thread made me think it was a beacon call for Emo kids. Heh!

It's always good to buy from companies that have a good customer service history. Typically the more wealthy companies invest more into their customer care. I'm not to knowlageable about washing machine makers, but I'm sure it's the same as any other industry. You typically get what you pay for. The companies that make less money are tightwads. This is the reason I have boycotted Capcom products from my life. Their Customer Service is a joke.

I work as a Customer Service Rep at JC Penny's callcenter in New Mexico. I know what to expect from a company. In your case, they are advertising repair services which is only a half-truth. They make something sound like it's covered when it's, in reality, just a few extra words to sell their product faster. Personally, I would never want to work for a company that screws its customers due to a budget.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Hmmmm.... LG may not be as great as the others. (Like Sony..Panasonic...ETC)

But they do have one product that caught my attention.

A Blu-Ray/HD-DVD combo player!!! :o

http://www.cepro.com/news/editorial/16825.html
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Figarou wrote:Hmmmm.... LG may not be as great as the others. (Like Sony..Panasonic...ETC)

So...so what does it do? Plays every format? :( I'm not too good at technology sometimes. I try my hardest, but I still have an old colourless phone (Which I actually prefer thank you very much! haha!).
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Figarou wrote:Hmmmm.... LG may not be as great as the others. (Like Sony..Panasonic...ETC)

So...so what does it do? Plays every format?
Almost.
Formats supported by the player include MPEG-2, VC-1, H.264 video, MPEG1/2 audio, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital+, DTS and DTS-HD audio.

I'm still not going to get one just yet. The 1st generation HD-DVD/Blu-Ray player has HDMI 1.1 The latest has HDMI 1.3......the new recievers are coming about as well. It should have DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD.

Must wait a bit longer.

:D