pointless talking

Here you will find forum type games to play.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I think what I love most about graffiti art is the colours. We have an absolutely -amazing- piece legally drawn near one of the local shopping centers, on the side of a shop, it's all comic book styled and one looks suspiciously like a werewolf...

I want to get out to look at it but I usually pass it by on the bus or in the car on the way to the shops or Uni.

It shouldn't be done illegally though, even though some of that is just so good it's kinda sad to get rid of it, but it -is- vandalism.

I also know a guy who has a HUGE Iron Maiden CD cover painted onto his house, from previous owners. I want it! Unfortunately his wife doesn't really approve of it.

:(

They're painting over it.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kirk Hammett wrote:I also know a guy who has a HUGE Iron Maiden CD cover painted onto his house, from previous owners. I want it! Unfortunately his wife doesn't really approve of it.
The next city up the highway from here is Dunedin, a university town. A few years back (probably more than a few now) the tenants in one of the grotty old student flats near the university did a classic paint job on the front of the flat. "Pink Flat: The Door". No prizes for guessing which concept album they stole the idea off... Not sure if it's still there (although it would be a shame if it was painted over) but in its time it was a bit of a civic landmark.

I can just about imagine the neighbours' reaction if I painted Eddie on the house though. It would be... amusing to watch...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Midnight wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:I also know a guy who has a HUGE Iron Maiden CD cover painted onto his house, from previous owners. I want it! Unfortunately his wife doesn't really approve of it.
The next city up the highway from here is Dunedin, a university town. A few years back (probably more than a few now) the tenants in one of the grotty old student flats near the university did a classic paint job on the front of the flat. "Pink Flat: The Door". No prizes for guessing which concept album they stole the idea off... Not sure if it's still there (although it would be a shame if it was painted over) but in its time it was a bit of a civic landmark.

I can just about imagine the neighbours' reaction if I painted Eddie on the house though. It would be... amusing to watch...
Hahahaha we had The Wall on today. It's good to take photos of the artwork before it's destroyed, I think.

And :lol: I think Eddie is the reason the wife wants it gone.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kirk Hammett wrote:And :lol: I think Eddie is the reason the wife wants it gone.
awww... the poor little zombie... :roflmao:
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Midnight wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:And :lol: I think Eddie is the reason the wife wants it gone.
awww... the poor little zombie... :roflmao:
I love Eddie, I think he's awesome. Can't understand why she doesn't like it. -Looks around like a crazy person-

But I'd want him on the side of my house. That's because I like stuff like that I guess, zombies and of course werewolves, and Iron Maiden of course...but you're right in saying the neighbours would complain.

It'd be on "A Current Despair", with people whinging about "how much of an eyesore" it is.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

I've never really been much of a merchandise sort of person... so probably couldn't be bothered doing anything like that. Still there'd have to be a lot of talent and hard work gone into a mural like that.

I'm not an exclusively metal fan or anything... I like lots of all sorts of music and some of it includes Metallica, Iron Maiden etc... but my CD collection is crazy and all over the place, and that sort of stuff is just a minor element.

On the subject of "not fitting in with the neighbours"... I'm probably that bad or worse... I'm the only werewolf fan I know of in my circle of friends, for example. Of course now that's got me thinking in weird directions... imagine one of those whinge whinge reality shows... "My neighbour-from-hell is a werewolf! He keeps us awake howling at night every four weeks or so and he likes scaring our cat! What can we do about him?"
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Midnight wrote:I've never really been much of a merchandise sort of person... so probably couldn't be bothered doing anything like that. Still there'd have to be a lot of talent and hard work gone into a mural like that.

I'm not an exclusively metal fan or anything... I like lots of all sorts of music and some of it includes Metallica, Iron Maiden etc... but my CD collection is crazy and all over the place, and that sort of stuff is just a minor element.

On the subject of "not fitting in with the neighbours"... I'm probably that bad or worse... I'm the only werewolf fan I know of in my circle of friends, for example. Of course now that's got me thinking in weird directions... imagine one of those whinge whinge reality shows... "My neighbour-from-hell is a werewolf! He keeps us awake howling at night every four weeks or so and he likes scaring our cat! What can we do about him?"
I collect anything music, as long as it isn't too mainstream (ie everybody has it). That plain annoys me.

I have to say, I'm also not exclusively into metal, which is also not the largest part of my collection. I like everything from classical music to orchestral, Celtic, Irish, Spanish, Latin music, etc...blues, grunge, and classic rock, some alternative like Tool and stuff but am fussy, (with all new music in fact, and fussy with metal too. I really don't like stuff that's overly heavy, like screaming and no melody). I also like some folk and country stuff. I think that all of it interconnects somehow. Even some jazz, but most jazz is full of jazz police and they are rather stuck up and don't experiment. I'm not big on music genres either. (Ie sub genres, I can't remember them all). Ooh and funk is good.

I couldn't live without music. I think I'd wither and die. :cry:

As for not fitting in, I don't really know any werewolf fans either, perhaps Maddy to a small extent, she also likes horror stuff, but otherwise, people just aren't really werewolf fans. I have a really eclectic range of interests so it's no huge deal as there's always someone I know into something I like, but it's sometimes annoying, I can't show off my werewolf figurine to anyone who cares!

My neighbours are mostly all friendly, lucky for me.

A Current Despair (A Current Affair): "Reportings of a howling person have driven neighbours up the wall."
Neighbour, with the usual haggard and tired look, done specially for this show, to gain sympathy from audience: "He just goes on and on. I can't stress enough at the complexity of the matter. He has to go. My children think hes ...."
Reporter: -Nods, as if he or she really gives a crap, is a good actor- "Go on."
Person: -Sob- "A werewolf."
Reporter: -Goes into some stupid and useless lengthy discussion on werewolf folklore and then begins insulting badly researched therianthropy and werewolf fans-
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

This is of course assuming the reporter actually knows the word "therianthropy" in the first place... I wouldn't want to assume that (I mean, I'd never even heard the word until a couple of years ago).

I can just about imagine my neighbours saying that sort of thing about me... I like singing along to my CDs. Unfortunately I have a range of perhaps half a dozen notes, all of them flat. Apparently. I can't really tell, but regularly getting told to shut up and two incidents involving the city noise control (both while I was out visiting... I think my own neighbours might almost be getting used to me) make that the most logical explanation.

Agree with you on the subject of life without music... much of what I like is perhaps a bit too "alternative" (a lot of `eighties garage sort of stuff included, but all sorts of stuff in many different genres overall). As far as (comparatively) mainstream stuff that people outside this island would actually have heard of goes... I'm a big fan of Split Enz, Midnight Oil, Hunters and Collectors, REM and also some rather strange stuff (I have a slightly worrying liking for absolute trash... e.g. Toto Coelo's greatest hits (both of them, plus a lot of filler)...

memo to self: STOP RAMBLING...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Midnight wrote:This is of course assuming the reporter actually knows the word "therianthropy" in the first place... I wouldn't want to assume that (I mean, I'd never even heard the word until a couple of years ago).

I can just about imagine my neighbours saying that sort of thing about me... I like singing along to my CDs. Unfortunately I have a range of perhaps half a dozen notes, all of them flat. Apparently. I can't really tell, but regularly getting told to shut up and two incidents involving the city noise control (both while I was out visiting... I think my own neighbours might almost be getting used to me) make that the most logical explanation.

Agree with you on the subject of life without music... much of what I like is perhaps a bit too "alternative" (a lot of `eighties garage sort of stuff included, but all sorts of stuff in many different genres overall). As far as (comparatively) mainstream stuff that people outside this island would actually have heard of goes... I'm a big fan of Split Enz, Midnight Oil, Hunters and Collectors, REM and also some rather strange stuff (I have a slightly worrying liking for absolute trash... e.g. Toto Coelo's greatest hits (both of them, plus a lot of filler)...

memo to self: STOP RAMBLING...
I shudder to think what would happen if some pathetic therianthrope wanting to get famous (Someone who clearly is either totally arrogant about themselves and one sided, or someone who isn't even one but deludes themselves...although I think everybody is one, but those are my personal beliefs). I'm skeptical of a lot of therianthropes actually, especially the 'grey muzzles'. I hadn't heard of the term either and frankly I'm not a big fan of the term and what comes with it, even though I've had the 'symptoms' of 'therianthropy' myself.

But that is a touchy, terrible topic for these boards so it's probably best not discussed :D

I can't sing for crap either. I don't even try anymore. I also like weird stuff. Stuff that is different. But I don't like fake crap and I don't like stuff that is boring and devoid of any emotion, I don't like repeditive riffs (ie death metal, some punk) and I hate whiny vocals which seem to have appeared in the last two years (Or I seem to have noticed. I'm still confused over 'emos'. Thought I understood it last month, but I obviously haven't grasped it). I like to hear local music too.

But what bugs me about local music is it's becoming all the same. In every country. Over Myspace, there are millions of Steve Vai wannabes who have photos of them with their guitar and dashing long hair and smiles and weird shirts, trying to look all pro. Am I impressed? No. Sure I like to solo, but I like a solo with meaning, with a story. And how many goddamn metal bands in Australia are there who are all now hard core and death metal, who have oh, two riffs at the most in the whole song, lack a solo (If the riffs were interesting or there were some sort of ... breaks ... from the boring song structure maybe I'd look over that!). And bad vocals. And I'm getting bored of this Indie rock stuff and pop rock or whatever you call it.

Bored

I need one of Vuldari's fox emoticons with the tongue sticking out to say 'ew' and 'bleh'.

When I write music its unfortunately so eccentric or odd or needs more instruments or I can't get an orchestra, or the time signatures are weird, that really I can't use it for bands. So I've decided to call that my solo work for a future solo album(s) and join a band as a lead guitarist and write to already written songs. So I can colour in the song I guess with solos and licks and lead and harmonies and melodies.

I can get very annoyed about music as we can all see. I apologise if this is highly inappropriate.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFf

Disk deframentation takes so long.

(This is why I am posting on an internet forum)
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Kirk Hammett wrote:I need one of Vuldari's fox emoticons with the tongue sticking out to say 'ew' and 'bleh'.
:P :sickpup: ...these don't work?

That first one really isn't that different from this one... Image

(Note to self: Make more Fox emoticons...and maybe some wolfy ones too...)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

people in my personal space, behind me, it creeps me out man *sudders*
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Costco = Ruler of all stores :lol:
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Vuldari wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:I need one of Vuldari's fox emoticons with the tongue sticking out to say 'ew' and 'bleh'.
:P :sickpup: ...these don't work?

That first one really isn't that different from this one... Image

(Note to self: Make more Fox emoticons...and maybe some wolfy ones too...)
I forgot about the vomiting one! Haha! But the fox looks so ... disgusted. Hahaha!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

i got my Civilazation3 complete game today, also ill be gone fridayto sunday mourning so seeya tell sunday :P
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I have nothing to say.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

This beats me!
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I hate mushrooms
Llamas are going to take over the earth
the moose is majestik

:D
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Why do people buy water filters when our water is the cleanest on earth?
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:Why do people buy water filters when our water is the cleanest on earth?

because the human race is quickly destroying that ..... like everything else they come across...

pretty soon it will be gdardia (sp) for everyone :P :x
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Fang wrote:Why do people buy water filters when our water is the cleanest on earth?
What water are you talking about? Most Tap Water really isn't that clean...even with all the fluoride and stuff they put in there.

On the other hand...the water in my Mothers Iowan cabin, (which is drawn from a natural well), was so clean when she had it tested that it didn't even register on their tests. They re-tested it several times to be sure. It was a close to pure and bacteria free as exists almost anywhere on earth. ...and it was quite refreshing to drink. The stuff you buy in bottles, imported from such springs, is not so pure anymore after being stored in plastic bottles for months before you drink it.

...to bad she can't afford to keep the place. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

it's still cleaner than most places, people in developing countries would think us nuts for purifying our water
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Bored :P
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

get xbox live XD