This article made me physically sick.

The place for anything at all...
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

This article made me physically sick.

Post by ChaosWolf »

Idaho Mayor wants to kill all but 100 of the state's wolf population.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/ap_ ... lf_hunting
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho's governor said Thursday he will support public hunts to kill all but 100 of the state's gray wolves after the federal government strips them of protection under the Endangered Species Act.

Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter told The Associated Press that he wants hunters to kill about 550 gray wolves. That would leave about 100 wolves, or 10 packs, according to a population estimate by state wildlife officials.

The 100 surviving wolves would be the minimum before the animals could again be considered endangered.

"I'm prepared to bid for that first ticket to shoot a wolf myself," Otter said earlier Thursday during a rally of about 300 hunters.

Otter complained that wolves are rapidly killing elk and other animals essential to Idaho's multimillion-dollar hunting industry. The hunters, many wearing camouflage clothing and blaze-orange caps, applauded wildly during his comments.

Suzanne Stone, a spokeswoman for the advocacy group Defenders of Wildlife in Boise, said Otter's proposal would return wolves to the verge of eradication.

"Essentially he has confirmed our worst fears for the state of Idaho: That this would be a political rather than a biological management of the wolf population," Stone said. "There's no economic or ecological reason for maintaining such low numbers. It's simple persecution."

Wolves were reintroduced to the northern Rocky Mountains a decade ago after being hunted to near-extinction. More than 1,200 now live in the region.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plans to start removing federal protections from gray wolves in Montana and Idaho in the next few weeks.

A plan drafted by Idaho's wildlife agency calls for maintaining a minimum of 15 wolf packs — higher than Otter's proposal of 10 packs.

Jeff Allen, a policy adviser for the state Office of Species Conservation, said 15 wolf packs would allow "a cushion" between the surviving wolf population and the minimum number that federal biologists would allow before the animals are again considered endangered.

Allen said Otter and state wildlife officials agree on wolf strategy and will be able to reach a consensus on specific numbers.

"You don't want to be too close to 10 because all of a sudden when one (wolf) is hit by a car or taken in defense of property, you're back on the list," Allen said.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

F*****G absoultly disgusting :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

i cant believe that s**t godamn people.. :x :x :x
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

This guy needs to be hit on the head with Mowat's 'Never Cry Wolf'. Unfortunately it is a rather small book.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

...The Hell...?

He wants to kill the maximum amount of Wolves he is legally allowed to so he will have more Elk available to kill for personal amusement, and profit?

That is one of the best examples of broken moral values, and short-sighted behavior I have ever heard. Why do we appoint people like this to lead us?

I...

...I don't have an emoticon that adequately expresses how I feel about this...

( *Insert expression of utter disgust and contempt here* )
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Wait... He wants to kill wolves to stop them from killing other animals for food so that hunters can kill the other animals for fun? What the f***?
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

:x That is f***ing sick! I hate sh** like that!
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
What is it with america and putting dumbasses in places of power?
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

This is one reason why it should be legal to chase certain people around with shotguns.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

F***ing disgusting.... :sickpup:

......just.....why?...... :(

God, things like this make me ashamed to be a human......

People like this need to be hunted down and slaughtered :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Well, It's Idaho

Post by RedEye »

Idaho is also the home of the greatest number of White Supremacists, as in Neo-Nazi's (and some not so neo-). As for this clown, there will be enough time and opposition to keep this halfwit-bubba's ideas from bearing fruit.
Fact is, the man is an out-and-out "Hunt Idaho" nut. He also tried to have non-native cervines (deer & related critters) imported for business reasons...which didn't work.
He doesn't realize that without the Wolves ( who take only the weak, old and sick animals) there would be a population boom in Idaho among the Elk and related animals, followed by a bust, as they over populate and starve, get sick, etc. and leave Idaho with less Elk than they have now.
He's as bad as the Bambi-huggers in his own way. Wolves make the state's Elk strong and trophy material.
I have hunted Elk. Elk are not only good trophy animals, they are mighty fine eating, too. No, I didn't use my teeth; I used my Remington in .308 Winchester. Dropped the sucker in one shot. Got the rack, pelt, and nearly two hundred pounds of good Elk-venison...but not in Idaho.
It's proven that when the natural world is left to manage itself, things work out properly. This clown only sees more money from hunting licenses, clothing, ammo and lodging. He doesn't even sound like he has the slightest clue about wildlife management. He's a greedy fool.
What do you expect from a politician?
:cash: :sickpup: :sickpup: :wacko:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Oh my f***in GOD!!

This is the most disgusting news I have ever heard since the september 11 attack!! :x Arrgh! It makes me so angry at this stupid state!!! Idaho is officialy the worst state in the nation, and no one better argue me about that one!! The people are the animals! Not the wolves! F****in selfish rednecks. I hate Idaho, ever since I first heard about what they were planning to with the wolves I have hated them.

It makes me wish I can go out there and kill all those hunters myself. What they are doing is inhumane!! :x
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

*Takes a note: Never settle in Idaho.*

Some time ago Silverclaw has started a thread concerning a petition to prevent killing of wolves. Does anybody know what it's result was?

http://www.thepacksden.com/thepackboard ... php?t=3124
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy
Mood: Happy

Post by Sheba »

:x :x :x
The more i think about it the more i get pissed off
:pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

God...I heard about this, but I didn't know they were going to go through with it :sickpup: Why do they insist on killing the wolf off when there are so many place they can be released? Places that want wolves..It truly is sicking..This is why the most of the human race will suffer..for this kind of SH**..I hate humans..I swear KARMA will get them all..So quick to kill, but never to find a proper solution..I will more for those poor innocent wolves lives that will be taken..No matter how many people sign those petions it just seems to never help them..It's words unheard by the devil sitting in so many minds..Wolves have done nothing but try to survive for hundreds of years..

Wolves don't want to bother anyone, they..the poor guys..They haven't a chance an no one looks at that..Man soo abuses their power..I wonder why most man was giving such power..Just because people are stupid enough to move their cattle onto land that wolves have lived on for who knows how long an the wolf does happen to get one the wolves pay..They don't know any better!! I wish the worst of Karma on these murderers..They will pay with..They will suffer for this..
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

sigh... they might as well just kill them all and be done with it.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Timber-WoIf wrote:sigh... they might as well just kill them all and be done with it.
Dont you dare say that, Timberwolf. Thats not even funny.

Im glad that wolves can populate really fast, but this is just sickening. Barbarians all of them. I wish for a slow and painful death for all those who hunt wolves for sport.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i wasnt trying to be funny
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Timber-WoIf wrote:i wasnt trying to be funny
That's not kool man..it's like saying just kill off some ones dog for barking..Wolves have done nothing to anyone but are getting killed off anyways..To say something so..It's like..nevermind..
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

the really sad thing about this is that i totally live in idaho. man, sumtimes i really hate it here.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Nacho... that means you've got more of a hope at fixing the situation than the rest of us... just remember this the next time you vote.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah, but i'm too young to vote. Image otherwise, i would've definitely voted against this jerk. also, i would've also voted to pass the bill that woulda raised the sales tax 1% and given that 1% to schools, but no, we gotta have an idiotic populace here, and nope, the schools don't get more money. Image

but yeah. this whole thing makes me sick and very sad. Image how do people even be such dumb jerks?
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Must... kill... Idaho gov. :x KILL EVERY f*** LAST ONE OF THEM!

f*** government should stay out of nature! :x What do you expect when the whole f*** state is full trigger happy retards that'll shoot every that moves!

Only thing that government should only aloud to PROTECT wild life and nature. They don't know a thing about any thing they are doing! Population control my a**! nature has been doing that before long before we humans had the idea. Hunters, and politicians are the top of my most hate list!

The wolf is barely coming out of the endangered species list, and it's so typical that every redneck hunting retard is scrabbling for a license to kill these innocent animals so they can have a pelt to hang on the wall.

We evolved past the need to hunt! HUMANITY IN GENERAL SHOULD CUT IT OUT!

*takes a deep breath*

-ends hate filled rant-
Last edited by Anubis on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I hate people! First it was Alaska and now this! What will killing innocent wolves bring?
All this a** wants is attention. Defenders is going to get a lot of money from me next month, I guarantee it!
:x
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

OK---I hunt. My son hunts. We respect our prey and use as much of it as we can. The rest is left for the 'cousins' to chow down on.
Little story: I had dropped a decent Mulie (Mule deer) and removed about 75 pounds of meat and the skin. While I was doing this, five 'cousins' (Wolves) were watching me. Nobody moved. I put my stuff on a drag and pulled it out, and motioned for the Wolves to come in and help themselves. They did, passing about ten feet from me. Not one of them tried for the meat I'd taken: they all waited until I had what I wanted, then we switched ownership of the carcass.
That's how it should be! :D
What will happen in Idaho is: yes, the Elk population will go up. Hunters will take their Elk and find that they have an old, or a sick Elk: useless for food or skin...and they paid for a good hunt and got nothing for their money. Idaho's stock as a sporting/hunting state will go in the toilet, and Idaho will be years recovering from it.
I won't say it serves them right, because the big kill hasn't happened yet.
There will be lawsuits. Demonstrations. Trouble. Most hunters will go elsewhere, preferring to avoid the troubles. So, either way, Idaho will lose.
The deed will be done by the Politicians; but we hunters will take the heat for it...unless we don't go.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: Well, It's Idaho

Post by Aki »

RedEye wrote:Idaho is also the home of the greatest number of White Supremacists, as in Neo-Nazi's (and some not so neo-). As for this clown, there will be enough time and opposition to keep this halfwit-bubba's ideas from bearing fruit.
Fact is, the man is an out-and-out "Hunt Idaho" nut. He also tried to have non-native cervines (deer & related critters) imported for business reasons...which didn't work.
He doesn't realize that without the Wolves ( who take only the weak, old and sick animals) there would be a population boom in Idaho among the Elk and related animals, followed by a bust, as they over populate and starve, get sick, etc. and leave Idaho with less Elk than they have now.
He's as bad as the Bambi-huggers in his own way. Wolves make the state's Elk strong and trophy material.
I have hunted Elk. Elk are not only good trophy animals, they are mighty fine eating, too. No, I didn't use my teeth; I used my Remington in .308 Winchester. Dropped the sucker in one shot. Got the rack, pelt, and nearly two hundred pounds of good Elk-venison...but not in Idaho.
It's proven that when the natural world is left to manage itself, things work out properly. This clown only sees more money from hunting licenses, clothing, ammo and lodging. He doesn't even sound like he has the slightest clue about wildlife management. He's a greedy fool.
What do you expect from a politician?
:cash: :sickpup: :sickpup: :wacko:
Aye.

Work with nature, not against. Nature's worked fine before we started screwing with it. It'd only be a waste of time, money and lives to go back and undo what we've started fixing that we messed up before.