This article made me physically sick.

The place for anything at all...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I live in the state next to him. I feel filthy by that association alone. :sickpup: :x :cry:

Don't paint all hunters like that. Good hunters know that the presence of two or more competing predators only strengthens the herd.

Besides, who the hell needs to go hunting in Idaho (other than the Nez Perce)? There's nothing there that can't be found in the rest of the Rocky Mountain and Cascadian states and provinces. [Initiating boycott]

Don't shoot the Idaho wolves, Oregon will take 'em!
ImageImageImageImage
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

vrikasatma wrote:I live in the state next to him. I feel filthy by that association alone. :sickpup: :x :cry:

Don't paint all hunters like that. Good hunters know that the presence of two or more competing predators only strengthens the herd.

Besides, who the hell needs to go hunting in Idaho (other than the Nez Perce)? There's nothing there that can't be found in the rest of the Rocky Mountain and Cascadian states and provinces. [Initiating boycott]

Don't shoot the Idaho wolves, Oregon will take 'em!
Amen to that vrikasatma :D
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

:sickpup:

That's pretty f***** up...

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

:sickpup: :sickpup: :sickpup: :sickpup: :sickpup:

Not only is there something wrong with people who hunt anything for pleasure (no offence to anyone here, but I 100% disagree with it), but there is something drastically wrong with murdering the wolf population (or any population) for such a purpose.

Eventually the elk will suffer too.

:x

I don't think I can express how disgusted I am. I agree with Vuldari; there is simply no emoticon. And there aren't words to express it either. Just a pretty cold angry feeling in my gut.

I hope there are petitions for us to sign out soon. Since I am not an American citizen, I obviously have no voting influence. But I want to sign a petition or something.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

And since Wolf is a hunter's totem, it doesn't make spiritual sense, either.

You don't kill your totem!! Those frackin' rednecks should be giving thanks that their totem is there, not killing them!

Seriously, this is as bad as the former Senator Burns (R Montana) introducing legislation that allowed the Department of Agriculture to round up and sell our mustangs to the Cavel horse slaughterhouse so the French and the Swedes can eat them.

:supermad:
ImageImageImageImage
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

:o :jawdrop: :x politicians suck, leave mother nature alone damnit!
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

Killing wolves just so they can kill more of other animals? Just when I thought the hunting industry couldn't get any more F***ed up, they go and do this...

I hope the hunters in support of this atrocity end up becoming the hunted. :x
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Wait a minute...

Post by RedEye »

Arcane Werewolf, wishing the Hunters who support this stupidity with trouble is a waste of time and effort.
I hunt. Just lilke the 'cousins', I stalk, sneak and when evereything's right; I kill. I kill to eat, and to get the skins for the leather. I respect my prey, and thank the spirit of the slain animal for the food I will eat and the skins I will have tanned. I always leave as much as economically possible for my 'cousins', the real wolves.
As a result, I have never had a bit of trouble with them. It isn't magic: Wolves have very sophisticated senses and if you fit in with what they consider as "right", they'll leave you alone.
Like I said in an earlier post, I've passed as close as ten feet from a Wolf, a big gray male; and me with a big drag of meat and hide. We looked at each other, and he "whuffed" and continued to the remainders I had left for him and his people. I passed four other wolves as they went to the carcass, and not a one of them worried me even a little...there was mutual respect on both sides.
Most of the "hunters" that were supporting this fool were likely the ones that consider limits and seasons an annoyance and take what they want when they want. No real hunter would applaud this action; we know what Wolves do for us! They take the ones that we wouldn't want: the sick, the old, the young that can't keep up: all Elk that would weaken the genetic lines of the Elk herds and produce inferior prey-animals.
THis man is a politician of the classical type: make the people happy and never mind what happens because of it. He's the classic Roman "Bread and Circuses" politico; buying his way to power by wooing the mob; not by leading and making the hard decisions that need to be made.
Because of my name (I'm a Wolf in name, literally) and because of family interests, I've become somewhat a Wolf-nut, with pictures, sculptures, and even CD's of Wolf Songs. I've studied these incredible people, and consider them to be as "civilised" as any chimpanzee, any day of the week.
I can gaurantee you that you will see the same coterie of "hunters" cheering him on at every chance (the good old boys) but you won't see the majority of Hunters there.
Here's something to do: The State of Idaho has a presence on the Web, with a "Letters" section. Write: not flaming rhetoric, but simple reasons as to why this is a bad idea. Write to all the agencies, both Federal and State, that are involved, and state your opposition to this insane scheme.
Make a noise, and get your friends to make noise, too. Remember, each letter represents as many as five hundred people who don't write. The more letters, from the more people; can make a difference.
We can protect the cousins if we use the system. Bucking it won't help them or us.
And know that the majority of Hunters are as nauseated at this as you are. :)
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

[Standing up and resoundingly applauding Red Eye]

:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
ImageImageImageImage
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Nacho: just remember it once you're 18 (or whatever the voting age is over there).

RedEye: well said.

Arcane: I don't think this guy's doing it for hunters. I think he's doing it for people who want to make money off hunters. Parasites, in other words. I've got friends at work who are hunters. They hunt things they can eat and eat the things they hunt. Which isn't really all that different to what wolves do. (I had some quite tasty (if a little underdone) venison at the family barbecue this Christmas.)

When I first read this I half typed up something rather nasty and satirical but didn't bother actually posting it... because it was aimed more at hunters and it's not the hunters that are the problem here.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Wait a minute...

Post by vrikasatma »

RedEye wrote:Like I said in an earlier post, I've passed as close as ten feet from a Wolf, a big gray male; and me with a big drag of meat and hide. We looked at each other, and he "whuffed" and continued to the remainders I had left for him and his people. I passed four other wolves as they went to the carcass, and not a one of them worried me even a little...there was mutual respect on both sides.
I went on a buffalo hunt about 15 years ago. While we were hunting, a pair of ravens were doing their winter courtship flight overhead. There was a nice tall cedar for them to nest in nearby. Sure, a buffalo died that day but I left a big enough gutpile for the ravens to eat all winter, and they hatched out a clutch of eggs the next spring, and the bull I took flew the next winter.
ImageImageImageImage
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I found this very same article in my newspaper this morning. Had a beautiful picture of two wolves, made me ill that they bothered putting such a nice picture showing pack love in such a hideous article as the journalist hadn't put his or her own side or opinion in at all.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

The man is a F*****g W****r. Is this actually going to happen or is he just trying to get it passed? :x
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Re: Wait a minute...

Post by nachoboy »

vrikasatma wrote:
RedEye wrote:Like I said in an earlier post, I've passed as close as ten feet from a Wolf, a big gray male; and me with a big drag of meat and hide. We looked at each other, and he "whuffed" and continued to the remainders I had left for him and his people. I passed four other wolves as they went to the carcass, and not a one of them worried me even a little...there was mutual respect on both sides.
I went on a buffalo hunt about 15 years ago. While we were hunting, a pair of ravens were doing their winter courtship flight overhead. There was a nice tall cedar for them to nest in nearby. Sure, a buffalo died that day but I left a big enough gutpile for the ravens to eat all winter, and they hatched out a clutch of eggs the next spring, and the bull I took flew the next winter.
i don't mean to be a sparrow or anything, but do you mean buffalo or bison? 'cause they're totally differnt animals. and if the hunting your doing was in america and not at a zoo or sumthin, i'm guessin it was bison.

but yeah, midnight, i will remember the garbage "Butch" (man, i don't like that guy) is tryna do when i'm eighteen. i mean, he's such a punk! and not in a good way, either!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Bison, sorry.

Most people don't know what a bison is, so I just say "buffalo" unless I know otherwise.
ImageImageImageImage
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

ah, yeah, i understand, vrikasatma. actually, i once got a c in a science class solely because i didn't agree with my teacerh that bison were extict and it's buffalo what live here in idaho. man, i didn't like that woman.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

:x :x :x :x :x

URGE TO KILL... RISING!!!! :x :x :x

I... do... not ... like... this ... man :x

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

I hate when something bad happens to nature and it's animals and I cant do a thing to stop it :( :( :(

The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

C'mon, how would 1,200 wolves pose such a problem? I thought it's his job to make people realize that hunting junkies are also another cause for the dwindling population.

Oh wait, he wants to be the first to shoot a wolf, because he's got a vendetta against some pack who stole his kill, and now he wants to harass the poor buggers to extinction in his state. That makes so much more sense now. HahahahahahaIdiot.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

ArcaneWerewolf wrote:Killing wolves just so they can kill more of other animals? Just when I thought the hunting industry couldn't get any more F***ed up, they go and do this...

Oh they will, they will :evil: *Grabs my standard hunting weapons, RPGs, Flamethrower, M60, M4, Thompson, Colt Python, Desert Eagle, Shotgun) Lets Hunt some Idiots (If I was King or president I would make Idiots be certified and make it legal to hunt them down, another law anyone who slaughters an animal for fun will themselves have their right to live revoked :evil: )
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:
ArcaneWerewolf wrote:Killing wolves just so they can kill more of other animals? Just when I thought the hunting industry couldn't get any more F***ed up, they go and do this...

Oh they will, they will :evil: *Grabs my standard hunting weapons, RPGs, Flamethrower, M60, M4, Thompson, Colt Python, Desert Eagle, Shotgun) Lets Hunt some Idiots (If I was King or president I would make Idiots be certified and make it legal to hunt them down, another law anyone who slaughters an animal for fun will themselves have their right to live revoked :evil: )

lol :lol: i like your style of thinking hun :wink: :evil:
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

This is the petition if anyone wants to send one in. Defenders is pretty good about the petitions so I don't think it's a waste.

https://secure2.convio.net/dow/site/Adv ... r51.app24a
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

im on the petition :howl:  :oo
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Im sending this on! Thankyou!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Incredible!

Post by RedEye »

As a Hunter, I'm frequently at odds with Defenders of Wildlife.
And no, I'm not going to stop Hunting!

This is different. Our 'cousins' need our help. I can't believe it, I even sent them a donation!
Our 'cousins' are worth it. The Wolves of Idaho are the replacements for the ones we fools killed off in the last century; let's not have it happen again. Wolves are one of the most beautiful and civilized of the wild animals on this continent...let's not make the same mistakes we did last time.

Now, there is the possibility that these idiots might hunt the wolves from Aircraft. Big Skeet, anyone? (just joking.... :wink: )
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

This governor seems to be a puppet of someones, or maybe just a chimp in a suit. I do not think that he is going to budge, not even if his entire state voted against it, what you have to do is cut at his funding. That would make him stop, protest the buisineses that support him. "remove stones from the bottom and the pyramid will fall" it's just that simple. After all what is a politician with out money?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon