Let the CG battles commence!

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

nekocj wrote:Well I haven't seen Kaze yet, and I think I won't now that I know the first one is going to be remade with tails (think I'll just wait for that one) but it is impressive that he did all of that himself. That is an ambitious goal and whether I like the movie or not, because of the content (computer animated tiger-ghost-samurai-warrior), and the fact that he put so much into the film, I would definitely buy it. I also believe that Freeborn's CG effects are in good hands.

-Neko
*nods* Since it's pretty much guaranteed to be remade with a minimal crew, the only reason I can think of to buy the original now is that it could become a collector's item. As far as the mainstream media is concerned, Tim Albee's only claim to fame was as an assistant animator for the movie Dinosaur seven years ago. That said, when Freeborn (a movie that, thanks to the Pack, is already "the one to watch out for" for a lot of people) comes out with his name fronting the credits, it won't surprise me if one of the first things the many Hollywood news programs (Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, etc.) decide to do is find out how Tim's been keeping busy for the last seven years. That in turn could make the name of Kaze known to a lot more than just furries and CG lovers everywhere.

Back on the CG wars of 2006, the big surprise for me was Happy Feet. Pleasantly surprised, of course. :wink: They got robbed at the Golden Globes, but it was still the best in my book. And besides, they also gave one to Sacha Baron Cohen; that says a lot about what a Golden Globe is actually worth, doesn't it? :P If I was Martin Scorsese, the first thing I would've done with that award is put it on Ebay.