This article made me physically sick.

The place for anything at all...
Moon_Lover
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Look, Ma! He's smiling!"

Post by Moon_Lover »

*Finally unclenches his fists, a terrible, blazing rage in his eye. Wordlessly picks up a rifle filled with hollowed iodine-filled salt rounds* So when's "politician season" open? *Knuckles turn white as his grip hardens*
You can run, you can hide, but I'll still pounce on you and lick you silly.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

The state of New Mexico still has a law in effect that encourages citizens to shoot any coyote you see. That's different here. Coyotes exist across the entire southwestern United States, and are overpopulated around agricultural areas due to the killing and eating of livestock. Certainly not an endangered species, and a real threat to the supply of food that we eat.

This wolf buisness is just to improve profits from the hunting industry. Greedy bastards. If I lived in that state, I'd stop voting for everyone that was in office that had anything to do with it.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Wait a minute...

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

RedEye wrote:Arcane Werewolf, wishing the Hunters who support this stupidity with trouble is a waste of time and effort.
You're right. Sorry, I just have a bad habit of doing that kind of thing. After all, it's the governor who's trying to make the wolf-killing happen. If anything, I should be helping to spread the word of this and encouraging people to write letters and sign petitions to help prevent the oncoming disaster.
Kisota
Custom Title: Phantom!

Post by Kisota »

How depressing and utterly sickening. :x I just don't understand people a lot of the time.

Maybe if we're lucky, that dipwad will take Cheney on a hunt with him and get shot in the face. :lol: (JK, of course.) But seriously, these people should not be in places of power.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm going to be brief because this has already been debated at length at Furtopia. I haven't read all of this either for the same reason; I just don't have the energy right now.

http://cgi.furtopia.org/cgi-bin/ib311/i ... 24584;st=0

My bottom line is that the governor is doing this for one reason: money. Under his plan, he and his buddies in the hunting industry will be able to auction off the rights to kill every single wolf he intends to; he's willing to push it right to the brink of the endangered list simply so he can maximize his profits.

Idaho, consider yourself boycotted.
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: La Loba Loca
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Kuro »

This is just sick! I'm involved with the defenders of wildlife. I've been hearing about it for so long I'm depressed. :( I don't feel that I can do anything but sit around and write letters... It doesn't seem like its helping. *sighs* I'm just really upset....GRRRRRR :scream: As for the Idaho idiot...maybe we should take him out and beat him... :punishment:

~Kuro
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Kuro wrote:This is just sick! I'm involved with the defenders of wildlife. I've been hearing about it for so long I'm depressed. :( I don't feel that I can do anything but sit around and write letters... It doesn't seem like its helping. *sighs* I'm just really upset....GRRRRRR :scream: As for the Idaho idiot...maybe we should take him out and beat him... :punishment:
You could become a wildlife guardian.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Kuro wrote:As for the Idaho idiot...maybe we should take him out and beat him... :punishment:
Or we could boycott potatoes. Since he's doing this purely on the behalf of (and most likely under pressure from) one of Idaho's major industries, the most effective way to combat his policy would be to indirectly force him under pressure from Idaho's other major industry. Fighting the devil with fire, if you will. :wink:
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

NOT COOL! why would anyone do such a thing?
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

DarkShadow wrote:NOT COOL! why would anyone do such a thing?
Makes you wonder about who they claim as animals eh? :x
Last edited by Teh_DarkJokerWolf on Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

wolves are not monsters, humans are :x
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Fang wrote:wolves are not monsters, humans are :x
pls dont assume the people of idaho represent the entire human specis fang thx you
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Add me to the list of the angry. I'm considering commissioning one of our artist types around here to depict Gov. Bush Otter surrounded by wolves, and one Gestalt form werewolf holding him up, baring teeth, perhaps with a caption. Maybe something like, "yeah, and we really love you, too." I could rant, but I'd be howling to the choir here.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Fang wrote:wolves are not monsters, humans are :x
Fang, you are human too, I'am human, everyone who has ever written or spoken is human! Are poets monsters? Are artists monsters? Are people in love monsters? Am I a monster? Is White Fang? Are you? Is the feelings such as sympath, compassion, joy, happiness, love monstrous? I know there are hate, jelousy, greed, and anger too, but Fang you have to take the good aspects with the bad, you have to have a balance, for every good thing there is always an ocean of bad waiting. If you want people not to be monsters, and have no feeling at all, I would rather be a monster.

If being human is to be a monster, than I shall personally hide in you closet just to scare you :thpt2: :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Humans are not monsters. But is there a monster in us? Yes. Can we naturaly become monsters? Possibly.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

In history our treatment of this planet, it's creatures and eachother has been monsterous, not all are monsters, but there are enough out there to make me think that there is little hope for man (IMO)
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Fang wrote:In history our treatment of this planet, it's creatures and eachother has been monsterous, not all are monsters, but there are enough out there to make me think that there is little hope for man (IMO)
So, what are you doing to help?
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I'm not part of the problem, but I'm not part of the solution either, nature will take care of itself one way or another and we'll just have to accept the consiquences of our actions
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Fang wrote:I'm not part of the problem, but I'm not part of the solution either, nature will take care of itself one way or another and we'll just have to accept the consiquences of our actions
Aren't you part of the problem? You do eat meats, right? You use electricity don't you? You have indoor plumbing right? Let's face it, because we love easiness we are all part of the problem. I'am not trying to sound mean, I'am just showing you that you're not as inocent as you think you are.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

That may be so, but I try to keep things dow and I try not to waste, my planned car, Fuelcell :)
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Fang wrote:That may be so, but I try to keep things dow and I try not to waste, my planned car, Fuelcell :)
nothing ever goes as planned, you'll find that they are quite expensive. You'll prolly end up with a highbrid of somesort. 8)
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

yeah, as long as I keep dow fuel consumption it'll be fine
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think of humanity as an adolescent species. It's got potential, and it's at heart a good kid. But, this is the stage in which it thinks it knows everything and yet can't keep its room clean. It's also a teen pregnancy about to give birth to a child prodigy. Let's see how "superior" and God-like humans will feel in about 30 years, when a truly superior intelligence pops up all around it and overtakes it seemingly overnight. Some people are afraid of computers giving rise to an artificial intelligence greater than our own. I'm counting on it! It'll be an amusing dose of humility. I just hope the forthcoming consciousness inherits our good points, like forgiveness, and not so much our bad points, like our obsessive belief that we're needing forgiveness all the time, or the compelling behavior that constantly generates the issue of forgiveness in the first place.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Scott Gardener wrote:I think of humanity as an adolescent species. It's got potential, and it's at heart a good kid. But, this is the stage in which it thinks it knows everything and yet can't keep its room clean. It's also a teen pregnancy about to give birth to a child prodigy. Let's see how "superior" and God-like humans will feel in about 30 years, when a truly superior intelligence pops up all around it and overtakes it seemingly overnight. Some people are afraid of computers giving rise to an artificial intelligence greater than our own. I'm counting on it! It'll be an amusing dose of humility. I just hope the forthcoming consciousness inherits our good points, like forgiveness, and not so much our bad points, like our obsessive belief that we're needing forgiveness all the time, or the compelling behavior that constantly generates the issue of forgiveness in the first place.
When you think about it. Creating an AI would make us more akin to gods rather than less, even if it went bad for us. For we would have created a construct in our own image - and not only that, but better.

But I frankly doubt a AI would ever take us over. Programming is complex stuff, and human minds are complex as well, and little is known about them. Making something that thinks like us is a long ways off. And given we've been thinking on what it could do for a long time, we'd put restraints on these things. And I'm not entirely sure a AI could overtake us in a night - what would give this human-thinking machine the means to break through layers of security throughout the world?

AI-talk aside. I do think humanity is a 'superior' animal compared to others. We have alot of potential, and compared to other animals, in terms of raw strength there's no denying we have, collectively, the power to reduce this dirtball to a molten ball of glass a hundred times over.

But it's less about the power of a god, and more about acting like one. Being 'superior' we should use our 'godly' gifts to help this world and those within it. But some seem to find the role of a devil more suiting than that of a god and thus the s*** hits the fan because some idiots have to screw the system up. Which is really sad because it drags the potential of humanity down and often screws over those we should be helping in the process.

I find comparing the whole of humanity to a single being (in this case, a teenager) flawed, as humanity is too varied to be generalized like that. It's not so much thinking we know everything and being unable to keep the 'room' clean as having too many idiots running around messing up the room faster than the other kids can clean up the mess and scold the mess-makers. :wink:

If it was a single kid, humanity have a hell of a multiple personality disorder. :lol:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

It 's really sad too. I have this DVD called"WOLVES" an it talks about all the wolves in Idaho. Shows them being released into the wild, birthing pups, an having a wonderful life it seems. They have people on the DVD also tracking them even an weighing in the pups, checking them out. Photographers...All this awesome footage of the wolves!! The land the wolves had to run on is vast an just beautiful. All this work to release them there just to turn back an destroy them...Why waste the money to move them to an area where they planned to kill them? It just seem too much like something is seriously F***ED :x