Human-form telltale signs?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Rawrgh!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Rawrgh! (wookie growl)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

wookie hair :lol:
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

More muscular, veiny hands, hair growth faster, headaches, stomach cramps, longer thumbs, hightened senses, stronger, heals faster, primal thoughts/ideas, odd behavior, etc. ;)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Ochiba wrote:More muscular, veiny hands, hair growth faster, headaches, stomach cramps, longer thumbs, hightened senses, etc. ;)
Oh, thats just great!

I have faster hair growth, headaches, and stomach cramps.

I could be a werewolf myself.

*farts*

Oh wait!! stomach cramps is gone!! I don't think I'm a werewolf after all. :lol:
Ochiba
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ochiba »

well maybe I was meaning, after they were infected or reached maturity of werewolf in the family.

But go ahead have your fun in being a werewolf for a few seconds. :lol:
Rooster Urlakane
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rooster Urlakane »

stop reminding me of my uncle.*shudders*

*actually remembers him, and goes into spaz attack*
bombs and more,
lets hit the floor.
sleep deprived and betrayed
lets be very...very...afraid.
Rementh
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Rementh »

well, the only thing that they might have besides what ou guys have said would be maybe lighter colored eyes but -shrug-
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Rooster Urlakane wrote:stop reminding me of my uncle.*shudders*

Your uncle has shoulder-length leg-hairs with split ends?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I wonder if this uncle is an old '80s heavy metal rocker or something. I seem to recall that Big Hair was the thing back then. Aside from me, most of the guys in my band have hair halfway down to their waist.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Rooster Urlakane
Legendary
Legendary

Apokryltaros wrote:
Rooster Urlakane wrote:stop reminding me of my uncle.*shudders*

Your uncle has shoulder-length leg-hairs with split ends?
*sigh* just about, and not to mention he's kinda overweight and is a speedo man
*goes into yet another spaz attack at the memories*
bombs and more,
lets hit the floor.
bluephoenix
Legendary
Legendary

Post by bluephoenix »

hi there. i'm new to the pack and was just reading the comments and came up with some ideas. you see, i got back from a-kon earlier today and yesterday i met anthony brownrigg (cool guy. really down to earth) and he really inspired me. at his seminar jiggy he mentioned the forum so i decided to check it out. i was thinking, most supernatural creatures that come from infected humans usually have hints that you catch when you're looking for them. like vampires for example. most people, when they see a vampire, know it's a vampire because of the way the walk, talk, and overall feel. like, you get a feeling when a vampire is in the room that he's a vampire. so i was thinking maybe werewolves would have certain hidden things like perhaps slightly pointier ears, longer canines as people have said, more narrow jaws, wider cheek bones, maybe yellow-tinted eyes, and perhaps rugged, longer hair. maybe they slouch when standing or have to hold something because canines have differently positioned backbones than humans because they don't support weight the same way. some of the more sophisticated werewolves could carry around canes with silver wolf heads on top.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

bluephoenix wrote: some of the more sophisticated werewolves could carry around canes with silver wolf heads on top.

Or maybe a ducky in his pocket!! HA!! :lol:

Welcome to The Pack!!! :duckie

Now don't eat the Duckie!!! :D
Rooster Urlakane
Legendary
Legendary

bluephoenix wrote:i was thinking maybe werewolves would have certain hidden things like perhaps slightly pointier ears, longer canines as people have said, more narrow jaws, wider cheek bones, maybe yellow-tinted eyes, and perhaps rugged, longer hair. maybe they slouch when standing or have to hold something because canines have differently positioned backbones than humans because they don't support weight the same way. some of the more sophisticated werewolves could carry around canes with silver wolf heads on top.
good point about the rugged look part, the werewolves don't have to look feral like we have been arguing. They could have an air about them that seems like they know something that we don't and makes the voice in the back of your head say "RUN fool! RUN! If you stay here he will eat ya!" I also think that idea about the silver wolf head canes is a good one. The piticular ww would look pretty bad a** in the right getup. I know that you mean about vampes, Sean (one of my more esentric friends) introduced me to one.
Not one of the most favorible experances that I've had. :(
bombs and more,
lets hit the floor.
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

First, welcome Bluephoenix! I'm the woman you saw hanging out with Anthony. I'm his wife.

Now, I usually just capture what seems to be the sum of the ideas on a string. Every once in a while, however, I add my two cents. I think the idea of subtle, very subtle things that show a werewolf infection. Not so strange when you remember that most infections have some sort of visible effect.

HOWEVER, I wonder how we'd show that on a whole cast. I'm thinking that a whole group of people with a uni-brow would look funny. Yellowish cast to the eyes doesn't sound so stupid, though. The 'rugged' look might work.

I also think the whole idea of how they carry themselves might also be important. After all, we know Vampires all have their own goth style of moving. Why not a Werewolf style?

So, the subtle look would be okay if we could find one that works. The 'attitude' is a cool idea as well.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Have to be careful not to have werewolves look like cavemen while in human form. I agree unibrows and hair on the palms are a no-no. Or big heavy ape brows either :P Yellowish eyes could work well in the iris, but not in the white part, they would look like drug users :lol:
I personaly think they would look like regular humans; maybe with some very subtle differences if anything. Again, just my humble opinion :D
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

While I think there would be either no or very little physical difference, I can wholeheartedly agree that there would be some kind of behavioral change (moreso in some than others, of course). For most people, becoming a werewolf would be a huge life-changing event, and I can't see many people not acting different afterwards.

Some might let the power go to their heads, and act arrogantly or more confident than their surface life might indicate. A werewolf who acts as Omega in his pack might might seem just the opposite: depressed for no apparent reason. Still others might become confused, or some might stare off into space all day, day-dreaming of the other night.

None of these behavioral attributes are unique to werewolves, but they could certainly leave close friends and family wondering at the sudden changes. Of course, some of these behavioral traits might fade over time, while others may actually strengthen.

The behaviors that might be used to identify could include reflexive growling, or other actions that the werewolf might become accustomed to while shifted. But some people are better at controlling such things than others. Also, some normal people growl, and whatnot, without being werewolves. So that behavior is hardly conclusive.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silver wrote: HOWEVER, I wonder how we'd show that on a whole cast. I'm thinking that a whole group of people with a uni-brow would look funny.

I was wondering if you noticed something about me, Scott and Arania when we was at A-kon. We all had uni-brows!! :o
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

One brow to rule them all

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yes, I noticed. I commented it to Arania at one point about how spooky it was.

I agree about the idea of certain mannerisms. I noticed that my own subtle lupine mannerisms, even when intentionally exaggerated for test purposes, often times goes unnoticed. (Or, at least, un-commented upon. Maybe they noticed but just dismissed it as quirky.) I did so in situations in which people were fairly unfamiliar with me and thus not already aware of my fondness for lycanthropy.

As a side note, I picked up a pair of yellow eye theatrical contacts at A-Kon, but because of their transparent color, they did not appear particularly stark. My eyes did appear slightly larger with them. Most people did not notice that I even had them on. My sister did wonder why my eyes looked a little larger. (Maybe an Anime convention isn't the best place to see whether or not people notice large, funky eyes...)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

I would see some mannerisms crossing over, but not all the time. The differences in posture and how you act would depend on how much you've accepted the wolf, and how close to the full moon it is.

I could see faster hair growth being another thing that waxes and wanes with the moon, and nails would be no different. Werewolves probably get a lot of protein, and their cravings likely increase the closer to the change they are.

Also, directly after a change you are hairy. Your body can retract fur but you're still going to be fairly au natural until you shave again. Probably in need of a haircut, too :femshft
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

That is why I feel sorry for the werewolf girlies. Fig, are you sure you want to see the naked werewolf women after she shifts back? She'll be needing of a shave!

I would agree that human changes from being a werewolf woulf effect their bahavior. Etheir that be from wolf behavior or the reaction from being a werewolf. (I'd imagine some may be depressed.)

And Fig: Heh, I think I'm getting a Uni-brow. :D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:That is why I feel sorry for the werewolf girlies. Fig, are you sure you want to see the naked werewolf women after she shifts back? She'll be needing of a shave!

Suuuuuurrrrrrrre!!

And I bet after numerous shiftings, she would have a beard and moustache in human form!! :o
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Eck! Yucky yuck yuck!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Why would a werewolf bother shaving at all? If the hair's gonna grow back then what's the point?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Reilune wrote:Why would a werewolf bother shaving at all? If the hair's gonna grow back then what's the point?
Couldn't you say the same thing about regular humans?

(Admitably...that is one of the main reasons why I let myself have a beard. ...it's just so much trouble to have to shave it all off every morning, I decided..."Why bother?". ...I think I look good with a beard anyway....)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vuldari wrote:
Reilune wrote:Why would a werewolf bother shaving at all? If the hair's gonna grow back then what's the point?
Couldn't you say the same thing about regular humans?

(Admitably...that is one of the main reasons why I let myself have a beard. ...it's just so much trouble to have to shave it all off every morning, I decided..."Why bother?". ...I think I look good with a beard anyway....)
I shave, mostly to keep the fleas out of my face.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon