Freaky Movies

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Philadelphia.

Watching Tom Hanks die of AIDS...gad..to this day i cannot watch that movie..
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

Well i have a few ones. Lets see.

01 Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland: God! This one was freaky!!!. I remember it as extremly scary.

The scariest parts of this movie are as follows:

1. The creepy old town, he visits at the beginning with those huge abandoned buildings. Its a dark creepy atmosphere and then he falls.

2. The train coming through the door.

3. The black things coming out of the door he was not supposed to open, that attacked the king.

4. And of course King Nightmare, and his all of Nightmare land. It is quite dark i must admit, especially for a childrens movie. The bad guy is especially dark and ruthless, and his appereance is terrifying.

02 Junior: Seeing Arnold Scharzenegger Pregnant was not my idea of great entertainment. Scary thought.

03 The Eye: Scary Scary and did i say..Scary. Why?

1. The elevator scene aaaargh!!!!!!!!

2 "You sit in my chair"

3 That old lady in the hospital "I,m freezing"

4 that face in the window.

04 Eight Below: Sad sad movie about sled dogs but has a scary scene involving a seal and an Orca carcass. And this is a Disney movie.

05 "V": That scene when Elizabeth are born. I saw that as a kid. Also later when she flicked the tounge.

06 The Ring (american version): Everything is calm or? UH-OH.

07 Sixth Sense (in the end): That scene was really really chilling.
Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Ronkonkoma wrote:The Fly- at the end when Jeff Goldblum's jaw breaks off, flesh falls off and finally turns into 'Brundlefly' [/spoiler]
That whole movie just grossed me out. And oh my god at the end where he uses his digestive juices to try and kill the other guy. :scream:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

oh sorry for the double post but I just remembered one!

Anatomy. I had to leave the room. *shivers*
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Deep Blue Sea I think it's the one with sharks, you know the scene where Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten by one :shudder:
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

fredriksam wrote:Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland: God! This one was freaky!!!. I remember it as extremly scary.
I'm tempted to dig that out of the closet now. I don't remember it as scary, but it was a little odd. I do remember my mother hated it though. She never told me why. Which amuses me for some reason...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Fang wrote:Deep Blue Sea I think it's the one with sharks, you know the scene where Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten by one :shudder:
:shudder: ya that was that movie, I hate sharks, they freak me out to no end :(
Mythic
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Mythic »

Jeepers Creepers was kind of disturbing and if you ask me to go see the second one I wont
The sixth sense I saw when I was a little kid and the scene where the little ghost boy asks the main boy character to come with him so that he can show him something, and then turns around and shows that half is head had been blown off due to a gun, I was creeped out for weeks and months.
The mothman prophecies That scared the crap out of me mainly because there has been evidence of that actually happening and to think that something like that has and might be still going on in the state next to me and in other parts of the US creeps me out.
I cant remember some others, but when I do, I'll be sure to post them.
"In each of us two natures are at war the good and the evil. All our lives the fight goes on between the them, and one of them must conquer. But in our hands lies the power to change what we want most" Robert L.Stevenson
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

Movies dont mess with my mind, nor scare me, they make me laugh or appreciate the time spent on making the gore lol like the:
Saw series-Spent my time going, oh wow! hahaha you died LOL

Resident evil: you all mentioned it...i loved it :D

Uhm Hard Candy: talk about a mindfuck :D omg so greast absolutly derranged, the castration scene wow!

The descent: The bone out of leg was good

The plague: lol pissed off kiddies,, mildly creepy

The Hills Have Eyes-The rape scene, omg i feel so bad watching that >.>

loved the alien quadrilogy, they scared me at first, wehn i was like 9 x3 but omg i love them so much :D

Uhm there was a few movies that scared the !!!! outta me, but i dunn what they were, like,....i dunno it wasnt hostel, it wasnt Pulse,...gah i cant remeber -.-

But it was something that made me flinch, adn wanna hide, which is rare... oh well i'll think of it later

Hostel- LOL hahaha, the eye scene was all gooey x3

anyways i know this post may make me seem derranged but...well who am i kidding i am XD

Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

Movies that freaked me out -

Event Horizon - I studied Latin for fun a while ago (i wanted to brush up on my languages) and just when the Captain of The Horizon said 'Save Yourself From Hell' scared the absolute living crapola outta me

Damien: the Omen 2 - Not really any of the particularly disturbing death scenes, but the one where he goes after his cousin after telling him he's the Antichrist... just chilling

Prince Of Darkness - Not even a scene but the whole damn movie, i was home alone and i watched it on Showtime Greats and couldn't sleep that night :(

Bad Boy Bubby - *shudders* this movie is downright disturbing, if you've seen it you know what i'm talking about

Laters
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Movies that freaked me out... Uh... Well... Pet Sematary... Jacob's Ladder... End list. However, here's a list of horror films I recommend for being good films:

Carrie
The Fly '87
The Blob '88
An American Werewolf in London
The Thing '82
The Omen
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Bubba Ho-Tep (that's right... Bubba Ho-Tep)
The Changeling
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn (my personal favourite horror of all time)
Jacob's Ladder
Pet Sematary
House on Haunted Hill
The Wolf Man
Phantom of the Opera '23
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Misery
The Descent
The Wicker Man

Well, that's a good list off the top of my head, I hope some of you take advantage of it.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

*looks at list*
I love you ravaged_warrior! :wink:
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

Very nice list :D

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I love horror movies. It's my favorite genre. Those are just some of my personal favorites off the top of my head, I could come up with a bigger, better list if I put in some though. For example, I don't have The Abominable Dr. Phibes on there, even though it's very deserving of a spot. Excellent film starring Vincent Price.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

Never heard of it, though horror is by far my favourite too :D

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

If you've ever seen the movie Se7en, it has a similar plot to that. It's about a man who begins killing people based on the ten plagues in the old testament. There's a reason, but it's kind of a spoiler.
Last edited by ravaged_warrior on Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jack Handey
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Why in the world isn't Hellraiser on there?
ImageImageImageImage
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

That's a damn good question! Speaking of Clive Barker films, why isn't Candyman on there as well? This is why I'm not good at spur-of-the-moment lists.
-Jack Handey
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Aiugh! Candyman! I had to go take a shower after that scene in the public restroom. I just felt <i>filthy</i>.

Great movie, though. I got to do a set visit to Candyman II, I was sitting behind the director's chair during the scene when the bees were attacking him. And yeah, the bees were real and Tony got a few stings.
ImageImageImageImage
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

I didn't see the sequel. I heard it wasn't very good.
-Jack Handey
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

fredriksam:
05 "V": That scene when Elizabeth are born. I saw that as a kid. Also later when she flicked the tounge.
Yep, freaked the crap out of me, too. If you see the early part of this thread, I was so horrified and affected by that image that it's the gold standard to which I compare all other horror moments. I now bestow the "Baby Elizabeth Award" to those outstanding episodes of visual or mental horror that stand out--the scene you think about for the rest of the movie and the next few weeks, that lingers with you like an obsession because it was so disturbing. For 2006, I've given out two additional awards:

1. The Brothers Grimm: "face-stealing gingerbread man"--hard to look at gingerbread men the same after that scene. The scene with the possessed horse eating the kid was also disturbing, but the movie beat itself for the Baby Lizzy with the face-stealing mud thing. All goes to show that even after several decades, facial mutilation still takes it. (The DVD and Blu-Ray cover for Silent Hill also shows a face without a mouth, but at this point, the effect is starting to get over-used.)

2. Freeborn script: (can't go into detail because it's inside information.) A first in two respects among Baby Elizabeth Awards. First, the award is issued, but the movie hasn't even been made yet. It's still in early production, and the scene could change with revised editing. It's significant enough that I suspect it'll survive with its core essence intact onto screen. It'll be great to watch but hard to watch at the same time. Second, it's unusual in that I actually know the persons who made the scene. (Maybe I should make a trophy with a forked tongue baby holding up a ceremonial wreath or something, and give it to them.) If you've read the script, then [spoiler]it's the last warehouse scene involving Tasha and Jordan.[/spoiler]

So far, nothing truly horrific in 2007. The new Dr. Who had several contenders out of the first season--Rose's boyfriend Micky getting stuck to and eaten by an animated garbage bin in the pilot, and people turning into zombies and growing gas masks onto their faces in the two parter "The Empty Child" / "The Doctor Dances." I consider the latter two episodes among the strongest writing in science fiction I've seen in years.

All this goes to show that some of the things that scare us the most are also some of the things we love. My favorite werewolf movie to date, The Company of Wolves, is a Baby Lizzy recipient. So is Freeborn, it's forthcoming challenger to the coveted best werewolf movie of all time spot.

Honorable mention goes to another script I read for an unfinished movie, Camp Lycanthrope. Matt and anyone who's read the script shouldn't have any uncertainty what scene I mean.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Im watching one right now actually.... freakin Edward Scissor Hands...... like WTF???? :lol:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

NO WAY!!! :o

That is one excellent movie.

I picked it up over Yule for 3quid from Virgin!
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

mwhahahahah I sucessfully resurected this thread :lol:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Saw Raiders of the Lost Ark when I was seven.....
Boy, when I wanna put the fear of God into my kids, I'll just make 'em watch the Nazis open the Ark and melt. Tell'em "YA know, guys, God does the same things to kids who try to peek at their Christmas presents, and he really gets mad when you won't eat yer veggies..."

I'm surprised nobody's listed The Amityville Horror yet (the original, not the Shining-ripoff remake). That movie'll always hold a special place in my heart, after what it did to my little brother, heheheheheheheheheh....
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com