REGISTRATION now restricted due to spam.

Here is where you can find whats happening on the website, and current, and future updates.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

lol, you know, I think it would be fun to have a 'swatting room' in which to settle our differences! :lol:
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Nah. Publicly displaying personal disputes could end up like a Jerry Springer talk show. PMs are the way to go.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Sky
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sky »

Agreed.
-scampers off in search of some 'site- darn where are those spam bots when you WANT them =.= ... KIDDING
I'm Crazy Deal With It!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote:lol, you know, I think it would be fun to have a 'swatting room' in which to settle our differences! :lol:

If I'm able to go to A-kon, I'm hoping we can get an empty room so all of us can toss duckies at each other.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'll fill mine with water. Ducky SUPRISE! :knockedout: I love the idea though.
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow, how quickly you guys cooled down overnight. :o

Its nice to see everything is back to normal. :D

Except with the Pocky for main course, god I would still be starving .
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

ABrownrigg wrote:Ahhh.. Yes, Fig, myself, and Lupin have the ability to block spammers.
Well if you need any help with that, I can be of some assistance, if needed.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:
ABrownrigg wrote:Ahhh.. Yes, Fig, myself, and Lupin have the ability to block spammers.

Well...that means one of us has to make you an administrator.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I can see Fenrir as an admin. and especialy Vuldari. But he doesnt want to be one.

I just find it so funny that someone who is more than capable of being an admin or a mod never wants to be one. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I can see Fenrir as an admin. and especialy Vuldari. But he doesnt want to be one.

I just find it so funny that someone who is more than capable of being an admin or a mod never wants to be one. :lol:
What's funny? It usually means that they've been there, done that; got the bumpersticker and the tee-shirt and maybe the tattoo as well.
Even Aquinas said that sometimes " you must compel that person who will faithfully discharge the responsibility, for the greater benefit of the kingdom..."

Sideways note: A Forum I'm on had both admins take a weekend off (three days) and there were no less than 12 spambots on the board by the time they got back. That's worse than fleas....
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

What Im not laughing at him if thats what you think. :?

It just always make me smile, because he acts like a mod sometimes. So I find it funny that hes doesnt want to be one. I totaly respect the fact that he doesnt want to be one. I dont know if hes been a mod before or is fed up of being one, adn theres no fact to support that.
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Figarou wrote:
Fenrir wrote:

Well...that means one of us has to make you an administrator.
Really? I thought I'd just get like a button that says "Judge" on it, and just get emails.....OH well :|
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Right. Only Admins can delete profiles before they are authorized.

And I can add to RedEye's comment that being a Moderator or Admin also makes people think you have to be a perfect person, or some kind of role model. If you foul up, everyone gets even more angry at you than usual. It's tough to pass judgement sometimes. I can say from two years of previous mod experiance, that it can make a mod very nervous if his/her own friends are breaking the rules. I hate deleting or editing anyone else's posts, but sometimes it has to be done to keep the peace. Every time I just have to pray they wont hate me for it. Oh well, rant over.
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I hope the pack doesnt get too mad at me for the decisions I make. :|
Image Image
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I hope the pack doesnt get too mad at me for the decisions I make. :|

im mad that you made the decision to make decisions about stuff that needs to be decided on.. :lol:

please Shadow Wulf..... you there for a reason...others dont like it...... sucks to be you :lol: :D
Sky
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Sky »

being an admin on a seperate forum tends to get bothersome at times due to some people making it hard to be one i figure if they can't accept the decisions FOR THE FORUM then too bad for them.
No one is perfect, and the fact of hving modship adminship is a scary place for some people that liked to be liked and hate to be disliked or worse.
I'm Crazy Deal With It!
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I hope the pack doesnt get too mad at me for the decisions I make. :|
You are in a position of responsibility and as long as you take judged and unbiased decisions and remain on the fence during the flaming sessions then you'll be fine. It's not an easy role. And if you drop a bollock I'm sure we'll all come down on you in an instant!! :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Shadow Wulf wrote:I can see Fenrir as an admin. and especialy Vuldari. But he doesnt want to be one.

My, my lookit what this opened up!
So, Shadow Wulf, do you see why nobody wants to be an Admin? Best wishes, and I know you'll do a good job.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well I been in this forum for so long and have contributed here so much. I dont see how anyone can simply hate me, same goes for anyone here. I dont know a single person in here who is really hated.

But If I do make a wrong decision, then please correct me.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

...several reasons...

#1: I'm already terribly conceited and I'm afraid even a little bit of power would go to my head.

#2: I've never been comfortable in true leadership positions. I don't like it if no one can object to or contest my choices. I prefer to act by influence and mutual decision.

#3: I spend too much time on this website as it is. As an Administrator, I would feel obligated to check in here every day and read every section to make sure everything is running smoothly, as is my obsessive-compulsive, exceedingly thorough nature.

...I really need to get out more and spend less time here...not more...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vuldari wrote:
#3: I spend too much time on this website as it is. As an Administrator, I would feel obligated to check in here every day and read every section to make sure everything is running smoothly, as is my obsessive-compulsive, exceedingly thorough nature.

Im having the same trouble. :|
Image Image
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Im having the same trouble. :|
you guys are acting like its a drag being here now...whats up? :)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Oh no I love this place, I cant imagine hanging out in any other forum if I can hang out here. But I know I spend more time than I need to here. I have to start doing other things. I get on here atleast 6 times a day. Im gonna have to cut back a bit.
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

White Paw wrote:you guys are acting like its a drag being here now...whats up? :)
No, no...

It's just that everything must be done in moderation. As it is now, I am spending far too much of my free time on the computer, and not enough (or any) getting up and about, exercising and actually having a life where I spend time with other human beings face to face.

I'm not saying I don't like it here...just that I am here too often, and it is taking me away from the other things I should be doing.

[Edit:]...and what's up with the Red/Brown Text lately?

FYI...it's really annoying...Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Vuldari wrote:
White Paw wrote:you guys are acting like its a drag being here now...whats up? :)

No, no...

It's just that everything must be done in moderation. As it is now, I am spending far too much of my free time on the computer, and not enough (or any) getting up and about, exercising and actually having a life where I spend time with other human beings face to face.

I'm not saying I don't like it here...just that I am here too often, and it is taking me away from the other things I should be doing.

[Edit:]...and what's up with the Red/Brown Text lately?

FYI...it's really annoying...Image

ehh..... i guess i would fall under that category as well...i really need to do the same.

thats cool though was just asking.... :D

anyways..

i dunno.... kinda fits my mood lately after some certain circumstances that has recently happened also its different, White text is so plain.. so to speak....
:|
heh... also im doing it just to annoy you Vuldari :thpt2:

:D :lol: :howl:  :oo