The ravings of a crazed halo fan boy!

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

The ravings of a crazed halo fan boy!

Post by Anubis »

Okay i know most people here don't care about the Halo trilogy as i do, but i just wanted to share my theories about what could happen in Halo3!

First the obvious... The elites and Humans become allies. In the End of Halo 2 Sgt. Johnson and Miranda Keys teamed up with the Arbiter and the elites to stop Tarterus the Brute Chieftain from activating Halo, and killing every sentient life form in the galaxy. And the civil war with in the covenant could compel the elites to go on our side. Not to mention that the Brutes seem to replace the elites as a formidable enemy for the player.

battlefield earth... The prophet truth, master chief, grave mind, and Sgt Johnson and the elites all have some thing to gain and loose on earth. Due the arc's obvious location.every race, and character will be compelled to get to earth and the arc first. Gravemind needs to stop the remote activation of halo via the arc to continue the spread of the flood, the covenant and the misguided "Great Journey", and the good guys, IE us, master chief, and the elites to survive. I doubt much of anything will take place on a "Halo" maybe the first few levels, but later on the game. The EPIC battle of the fate of the galaxy will be fought on earth.

Earth infested... Gravemind and cortana are in control of the flood infested convenat city. Gravemind will jump to earth and send wave after wave of flood to stop of the remaining halos activation.

TRATOR!... Cortana is now on gravemind's side. The smart AI's life span is seven years, before they go absolutely sphyco. This is evident in the cut scene after the credits in halo 2 and in the teaser trailer of Halo 3.

Humans and the forerunner... I believe that the human race is the forerunner. I got this from the Halo's constructs calling us "reclaimers" and the arc being on our home world. I think the arc's purpose was to keep the forerunners going during the last infestation of the flood and the halo's activation, but this what i got.

this is just me having too much time on my hands, and a wild imagination. we wont know what will happen until Halo 3 is released in November.
Last edited by Anubis on Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

hm, allot of those are very plausible

also you may want to look into the new Firefox, it has a spell-checker, not that I am making fun of you for it but I am just recommending it
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Please dont remind me about my spelling, i know! plus i did this at the library and it doesn't have spell check on it's internet browsers.
THE GAME

My Armory
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

...groans :( ... But i hate the flood.....
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Ahhh... Anubis, you have read the books. Exellent. :D

I have an additional theory. Cortanna is not sided with the Gravemind. She is trapped on the floating Covenant city. Her mind structure was copied directly from Dr. Halsey, the lead scientist of the SPARTAN warrior program. She was not a trator, and her loyalty was with her friends. Therefore, because Cortanna consders Master Cheif as a friend, she would never betray him. Cortanna was only asked by the Gravemind to answer questions, so far.

In regards to the Arc, I beleive this is in reference to the biblical story of Noah and The Flood. This Arc may not only serve as the remote activator of the rings, but also as a safe haven for whatever is inside it. The only place in the galaxy where the destructive force of the rings is canceled out.

Before anyone says anything, this discussion seems to be geared towards the STORY of Halo, NOT the gameplay. Two very different things. If it were about the gameplay, I'd be ripping this place up. I happen to like the compelling story though.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Anubis wrote:Please don't remind me about my spelling, i know! plus i did this at the library and it doesn't have spell check on it's internet browsers.
mmkay, anyways your theories are quite good :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

thank you :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

As long I get to play as Arbiter agein, I'll be happy. :D

Arbiter Rocks!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: The ravings of a crazed halo fan boy!

Post by Aki »

Anubis wrote:Okay i know most people here don't care about the Halo trilogy as i do, but i just wanted to share my theories about what could happen in Halo3!

First the obvious... The elites and Humans become allies. In the End of Halo 2 Sgt. Johnson and Miranda Keys teamed up with the Arbiter and the elites to stop Tarterus the Brute Chieftain from activating Halo, and killing every sentient life form in the galaxy. And the civil war with in the covenant could compel the elites to go on our side. Not to mention that the Brutes seem to replace the elites as a formidable enemy for the player.
There'll be factions, I think. Some Seperatist Covenant still fired upon human forces in "Ghosts of Onyx". But the majority will probably realize that in the short-term, they have to side with humanity to survive. They can't fight both humanity, the flood, and the other half of the Covenant at once.
battlefield earth... The prophet truth, master chief, grave mind, and Sgt Johnson and the elites all have some thing to gain and loose on earth. Due the arc's obvious location.every race, and character will be compelled to get to earth and the arc first. Gravemind needs to stop the remote activation of halo via the arc to continue the spread of the flood, the covenant and the misguided "Great Journey", and the good guys, IE us, master chief, and the elites to survive. I doubt much of anything will take place on a "Halo" maybe the first few levels, but later on the game. The EPIC battle of the fate of the galaxy will be fought on earth.

Earth infested... Gravemind and cortana are in control of the flood infested convenat city. Gravemind will jump to earth and send wave after wave of flood to stop of the remaining halos activation.
Plausible, but here's how I see it going down:

MC heads to earth to stop Ark activation.

Meanwhile, the Arbiter and crew realize that they have a Flood Gravemind with a massive mobile space station in orbit, and that's gotta be dealt with. So they rush in and try and stop it. Maybe they pull it off, maybe they don't and either die or the station ends up at Earth and the s*** really hits the fan.
TRATOR!... Cortana is now on gravemind's side. The smart AI's life span is seven years, before they go absolutely sphyco. This is evident in the cut scene after the credits in halo 2 and in the teaser trailer of Halo 3.
Cortana's not at the end, yet. She's rampant, though, I think. Uncontrollable, but not insane. She's just chatting with the Gravemind because there's nothing to do - and she might be able to feed it false information. Helping the Gravemind doesn't benefit her in the least, so she has no reason to help it.
Humans and the forerunner... I believe that the human race is the forerunner. I got this from the Halo's constructs calling us "reclaimers" and the arc being on our home world. I think the arc's purpose was to keep the forerunners going during the last infestation of the flood and the halo's activation, but this what i got.
Quite possible. I was thinking the same thing myself.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

humans are forerunner. Those monitor bots made that obvious. and about hte biblical Ark reference, as much as i like that idea, i think its probibly more likely that the storywriters just thought the name was a good match for the flood.

oh, and more than likely earth is srcewd. Unless most of the covenant can unite with the humans and push back the flood. but... so far the flood has only been defeated by massive a** explosions.. then again... Johnson is pretty bad a**

that reminds me! this one time i wuz doin campaign and wuz on that level where u kill the prohpet of regret. I had just jumpd in that underwater elevator thingy and had a rine with me. i wuz like 'this'll take a sec, ima grab a snack' and as i got up outta my seat the rine said "while yer up can you get me a beer?"
i wuz all like whooaa!

i luve marines. GO BIG GREEN

Arbiter sucks grunt balls
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Timber-WoIf wrote:humans are forerunner. Those monitor bots made that obvious. and about hte biblical Ark reference, as much as i like that idea, i think its probibly more likely that the storywriters just thought the name was a good match for the flood.

oh, and more than likely earth is srcewd. Unless most of the covenant can unite with the humans and push back the flood. but... so far the flood has only been defeated by massive a** explosions.. then again... Johnson is pretty bad a**

that reminds me! this one time i wuz doin campaign and wuz on that level where u kill the prohpet of regret. I had just jumpd in that underwater elevator thingy and had a rine with me. i wuz like 'this'll take a sec, ima grab a snack' and as i got up outta my seat the rine said "while yer up can you get me a beer?"
i wuz all like whooaa!

i luve marines. GO BIG GREEN

Arbiter sucks grunt balls
There's too many other references and Bungie's too into making obscure references for it to be a coincidence, I think.

For example, when Cortana says "This is the way the world ends" in the H3 teaser, this is a quote from the "Cortana Letters" from before Halo's release. The full quote is "Your poet Eliot was wrong, this is the way the world ends."

She references T.S. Eliot. The whole "The world ends not with a bang, but a whisper."

Now, if they're referencing some poet ...when you have words like "Halo", "Ark" "Flood" "Covenant" and "John 117" floating about, a biblical connection isn't too hard.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

you know i have never played halo before... :)
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

White Paw wrote:you know i have never played halo before... :)
loser :grinp:
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Is there any hint of Arbiter returining in Halo 3. :(

EDIT: Looky what I found out! :o
According to the casting of Halo 3 on IMDB.com, Keith David has been listed to play once more as the Arbiter, so it is very likely that he will return in Halo 3. Though not confirmed, in the recent Video Documentary by Bungie (Et Tu Brute?), an Elite wearing armor very similar to the Arbiter's can be seen being attacked by a pack of Brutes.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I bet you anything Cortana is not as traitorous as you think she is
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon