No Fur Suits! They are a loss

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
Set wrote:You might want to look up professional 'suiters and see how they put some of their stuff together. Those people have talent.

I could never make anything like this...
The air-brush work on that is nice, but I'm not terribly impressed with it's construction overall. It still looks like a stuffed animal toy more than real fur.
You kidding?

Those look great!
For a Fur-Suit Mask...that is so very obviously a Fur-Suit Mask, not to be mistaken by anyone for a real wolf head if seen clearly.

It looks good...but not REAL...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Well that's about as real as it gets for a fursuit.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

PariahPoet wrote:Well that's about as real as it gets for a fursuit.
Which leads us back the the title subject of this thread...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

I think they're is wise to use a combination of costume and CGI. Bring the best aspects of both is really the only way you can go if you want to appease all the fans. There's so many werewolf movie fans that say things like, "Aww... it's just a guy in a suit, when are special FX guys gonna modernize?" And yet there's also a ton of fans that say, "CGI!? Blasphemous! I refuse to accept anything new in my beloved werewolf movies!"

It sure must be hard trying to make everyone happy. >_<

The consistency and texture of the fur is important sure... but i wouldn't think less of any movie for going with the cost effective solution that works pretty much just as well over the expensive/socially frowned upon one...i mean... i like werewolves... i also like real wolves... and all animals in general. And honestly i would think less of a movie if it used real fur just to dress up a prop...

If the Special FX guys know what they're doing then I'm sure they can create something that will impress without breaking the bank or skinning any lovable woodland creatures.
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

{sticks his head up through the crowd} may i make a suggestion.
for those of you who may not be familar with it; there is a type of fake hair prothesis that sticks to human skin for two weeks straight( including the water lovers and the heavy sweaters) and that may work well as WW hair for costumers and films( but be prepared to shove out the money) :lol: :wink: http://www.propia.co.jp/hair_con/english/index.html
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!