Ghost Rider

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: La Loba Loca
Mood: Indifferent

Ghost Rider

Post by Kuro »

What'd yall think? I went to see it and I thought it was a pretty good movie. Loved the music...guess I grew up with the song ghost riders in the sky so that would be why XD anyways what'd ya think?

~Kuro
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

Saw it last night with a bunch of my mates and i thought it was pretty awesome :)

Laters
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I quite liked it. Sure, there were problems, but it wasn't anything unexpected. It was what the commercials said it would be.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Im normally very wary of comic and book remakes...ruin the comic or book, but this looks good. Haven't seen it yet.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

I saw this yesterday and I thought it was pretty good. Cheesy in some spots...sure! But hey, its based off a comic book!

Nick Cage never really does deep characters but I enjoyed the movie. The special effects were great! The only problem I had with it was that the lead female was so two dimensional and there wasnt a moment where her boobs werent falling out of her shirt. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

MoonKit wrote: The only problem I had with it was that the lead female was so two dimensional and there wasnt a moment where her boobs werent falling out of her shirt. :P
Hey, as stated before, it is based on a comic book :wink:
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

MoonKit wrote:The only problem I had with it was that the lead female was so two dimensional and there wasnt a moment where her boobs werent falling out of her shirt. :P
Now, now, only half of that statement is a valid complaint. :P
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
MoonKit wrote:The only problem I had with it was that the lead female was so two dimensional and there wasnt a moment where her boobs werent falling out of her shirt. :P
Now, now, only half of that statement is a valid complaint. :P
Its all a valid complaint if you;re a girl. :P
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

I appreciated how they stuck to the origin closely. and the character design was pretty good. my only complaints was that the villain and his lackeys looked like rejects of a matrix fan convention. :p
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I've seen this twice now, and I have to say I thorougly enjoy it. Honestly, though, i've never read the comic and knew very little about the character coming in. I'm not even sure what attracted me to the movie in the first place.

but, here's something I found interesting. I was reading an interview that Nicolas Cage did and he says that he styled his transformation scene (into the ghost rider) after "grand werewolf films". He wanted to show a range of emotion from pain to ecstasy and even sorrow. Also in this article (and many others) he states that "American Werewolf in London" is one of his favorite films. OH! And the director (of Ghost Rider) actually used AWIL as a template for GR. He wanted to achieve that sort of scary and yet humouros quality that AWIL had.

... just google "Nicolas Cage" and Werewolf together, and you too can read these same articles ;)

...btw... mr. Cage will be in one of the "faux-trailers" that runs with Grindhouse for a movie called... "Nazi Werewolves of the SS". :lol:

~Nicole
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I saw it a few weeks ago with my Dad and I thought it was pretty good. I liked the song at the end; so did my Dad who decided to sing it when we were on our way home. The scene when he first turned into the rider was pretty cool and well done.

True, I had my doubts, it being a movie based on a comic book and all; but I was surprised over how well it did in the box office and in the reviews.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I saw it.

I would say that it lived up to my expectations.

It was not spectacular or particularly memorable, but it wasn't totally awful either.

I enjoyed it. I don't have any desire to see it again, but it was more entertaining than what was on TV that night at least...

It definitely could have been ALOT better.

I give it a [ 6 / 10 ].
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Ghost Rider

Post by Terastas »

Kuro wrote:Loved the music...guess I grew up with the song ghost riders in the sky so that would be why XD
The version by the Outlaws is still better, even if it does leave out the most crucial verse.

Ghost Rider - Outlaws

For those of you who don't know, the missing final verse is:

As the riders loped on by him he heard one call his name
If you want to save your soul from Hell a-riding on our range
Then cowboy change your ways today or with us you will ride
Trying to catch the Devil's herd, across these endless skies
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

Looked Good in the trailer, I would agree to that deal if I had the choice, devils bounty hunter in exchange for a resurection, a cool motorbike and a flaming skull body. 8)
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Literally painful to watch :P
Just, so very, very bad....Those were the weakest demons EVER. And that was the least scary Devil ever portrayed on screen :| It was quite funny though, even if it was all unintentional :P The last shot with Nicolas Cage lifting up an eyebrow with a stupid smirk on his face just had me and my sis in tears from laughter :lol: And I just felt bad for Cage's career, especially when he is looking in the mirror chomping his teeth toghter and holding his nose up...I suppose he just needs the money...
Their are so many good comic book movies out there, X-Men, X-Men 2, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, Spiderman 2....guess they just spoiled me :D