General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Congradulations!!!! :D

what's this new job of yours entail?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Congratulations!

We feel like crap whenever we're fired from a job. But, sometimes it's in the long run the best thing that can happen; it forces us out of our complacency and pushes us to go after something better. I stayed with a job in Port Arthur, Texas for four years. After I left and found work elsewhere, I wondered why I stayed there as long as I did. I get paid a lot more to live in a better place. ("A better place"--I sound like I died.) Right now, I have more job security than ever; I've already got four part-time positions with different staffing agencies, so I can work as much as I can or as little as I need. I did another interview today--not necessary for me, but nice to shop around. The new place is closer and one of the better paying, though it'll also be one of the busier jobs--Busy ER work can be exhausting. Still, it's close enough that I may be able to do 12 hour instead of 24 hour shifts.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Vuldari wrote:Good News...I was just offered a New Job today, and have been asked to start next week. The pay per-hour is about the same as my last job, (though the weekly hours will be slightly less), and the position sounds like a perfect fit for me.

I actually applied for a completely different position with even less hours, but just before I left for the scheduled interview yesterday, I got a call from them asking me if I was interested in this other better position they had open which they were not advertising. Of course I said "Yes", and so they rescheduled my interview for Thursday Afternoon (today) to meet with a different manager, and the interview went Perfectly.

If I was to walk into the store, look around at all of the different tasks that I know need to be done to run the store (based on 5-years experience) and make-up my own Position based on what I am the best at doing, it would be exactly what this new Position was described to me as. The Job was almost tailor-made for me, and we both could see it, so they offered me the job on the spot.

It will be a minor pay-cut at first, but I'm sure I'll be able to make up for it in 'Overtime' and promotions/raises soon enough.

This was so fast. This was only the first place where I applied (and really my #1 choice). Depending on how their payroll works, I might not even have a gap in paychecks from my last job to this one.

I was just really happy and felt like sharing...Image

Congrats Vuldari *howls* :D :howl:  :oo
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Vuldari... That's great news. Hope all goes well at the new job.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

It's great to hear this Vuldari - may your luck not leave you!!!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

o.k. so i managed to download some damn virus on my comp so it will be out commission for the next couple of days and such...so the only time anyone can reach me is here at the pack and only when i decied to be at school...

as far as the virus i managed to get it from MYSPACE so those of you that have myspace beware...because it is a real threat..

for those whom contact me on my yahoo instant messenger...sorry for those whom know my phone number then feel free to call or sms me...

those whom dont and feel they need to...then message me here and we shall see what will happen...

so... ill see you around the pack and eventually when i get my comp back ill be back else where..

ttyl..

WP^..^
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Vuldari wrote:Good News...I was just offered a New Job today, and have been asked to start next week. The pay per-hour is about the same as my last job, (though the weekly hours will be slightly less), and the position sounds like a perfect fit for me.

I actually applied for a completely different position with even less hours, but just before I left for the scheduled interview yesterday, I got a call from them asking me if I was interested in this other better position they had open which they were not advertising. Of course I said "Yes", and so they rescheduled my interview for Thursday Afternoon (today) to meet with a different manager, and the interview went Perfectly.

If I was to walk into the store, look around at all of the different tasks that I know need to be done to run the store (based on 5-years experience) and make-up my own Position based on what I am the best at doing, it would be exactly what this new Position was described to me as. The Job was almost tailor-made for me, and we both could see it, so they offered me the job on the spot.

It will be a minor pay-cut at first, but I'm sure I'll be able to make up for it in 'Overtime' and promotions/raises soon enough.

This was so fast. This was only the first place where I applied (and really my #1 choice). Depending on how their payroll works, I might not even have a gap in paychecks from my last job to this one.

I was just really happy and felt like sharing...Image
Looks like someone had their eye on you... or maybe it was some thing. Who cares: You have a job you'll be happy in to start soon. That's what is important.... :D
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I'm going to Florida for spring break. I'll be gone between April 5 - 9. i'll be back on line tuesday, or late monday.
THE GAME

My Armory
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Anubis wrote:I'm going to Florida for spring break. I'll be gone between April 5 - 9. i'll be back on line tuesday, or late monday.

have fun :)
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

have a nIIICE time.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Florida sounds like fun! Have a great time.

Hmm... I think the only thing I can announce right now is that I brought up my AP Statistics grade up from a 69% to a 79% ^^
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

BlackWolfDS wrote:Florida sounds like fun! Have a great time.

Hmm... I think the only thing I can announce right now is that I brought up my AP Statistics grade up from a 69% to a 79% ^^
Congratulations BW thats very good to hear *waggs tail and licks at your muzzle* :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:I'm going to Florida for spring break. I'll be gone between April 5 - 9. i'll be back on line tuesday, or late monday.
See you when you get here. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Heh maybe :)

Anyways I'm going to be bed to only wake up at 4am do i can get to the air port.

I'll see you guys on monday or tuesday.

Later :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Have fun Anubis an Congrats Vuldari on the job :howl:  :oo
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I have 21 days left in the United States Army Recruiting Command, and the countdown shall continue wherever I need an excuse to make more posts...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Back

oh and i forgot to congratulate Vuldari on his new job!

Congrats!!! :howl:  :oo
THE GAME

My Armory
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Anubis wrote:Back

oh and i forgot to congratulate Vuldari on his new job!

Congrats!!! :howl:  :oo
Thanks.

Sadly, the actual job is turning out a little differently than what I applied for, partially because I joined just as they are in the middle of a restructuring...which means the work various people do is different than it used to be. Also, my initial boss announced her retirement the week after I was hired, and now the guy who is taking her place doesn't really know what he is doing.

...most of the time, I seem to be doing everyone elses jobs that that they don't have time to do themselves, rather than the work I was actually HIRED to do...which makes it clear to me how low on the ladder I am in this company.

But that's okay...I was never actually expecting much when I applied there. I just needed to cushion my fall from abruptly leaving my last job and make sure my bills continued to get paid, and that is what it is doing, (even though I have to wake up at 4:AM now...and I'm NOT a morning person).

As much as the work I am doing sucks, I AM still pretty good at it, (I SHOULD be after 5+ years experience), so it's not SO bad...for now.

Now I just need to get my head clear and my priorities in order so I can finally get around to making and Achieving some significant life goals...which I'm quite confident will begin with me getting more education. ...all I need is "FOCUS". What the **** do I want to do with myself?

An Professional Artist?...A Scientist?...A Designer?...A Writer?...A Computer Programmer?... (Or if I listened to my Mother...A Carpenter, A Plumber, A Railroader, An Electrician...A School Teacher...)

...or combine all of my interests and invent a super-advanced Virtual Reality system which is host to an Epic interactive story/videogame-like experience with a great visual presentation style.

( Well...If REALITY wasn't a factor, I would be I'd be a Genius Mad Scientist with a secret lab where I design advanced Space Craft and experimental Medical techniques for curing Cancer and the Common Cold...IN SPACE...while also being a superhuman Martial artist/Superhero on the side who occasionally intervenes to clear up hostage situations and bloody warfare in Third-World countries in my spare time.

...Heh...I think I just watch too many cartoons. Image )
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well in reality. I'll probably end up in the marines or something....become an infantry....get killed . :P
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Well in reality. I'll probably end up in the marines or something....become an infantry....get killed . :P
Its good to have life goals... :lol:

And something to look forward to :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Well in reality. I'll probably end up in the marines or something....become an infantry....get killed . :P
Damn good choice but go combat engineer :D :howl:  :oo
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I dunno - I'd say be a tanker... http://paradice.net/big_guns2.jpg (except you might just have to go Army for that)...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Baphnedia wrote:I have 21 days left in the United States Army Recruiting Command, and the countdown shall continue wherever I need an excuse to make more posts...
quickly now you only have 17 days left
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

What happens after 21 days?

Please tell me you dont go to Iraq.
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Pardon me for butting in...but I just got some news from my doctors.

I went in to get scoped earlier this week and just got the results back. I'm growing a pre-cancerous polyp in there. It's lodged in the valve where my large and small intestines join. I saw a picture of the polyp and it's not red, and more importantly NOT black.

*Sigh* :(

The good news is, we caught it at a very early stage so I won't be going into the hospital. I just go back to my GE in July and they're taking it out. I'm not gonna lay down for this, I'm gonna keep going. Studies have found that exercise and activity is good for staving off recurring colon cancer. I'm also excising beef and bacon from my diet and getting more fruit going through me. My GE also recommended that I take a daily dose of Advil as an adjuvant because ibuprofen has been shown to hold off polyps. I'm upping my fibre intake because they also found I have diverticular disease and fibre helps with that.

Plans for Burning Man, Saturday Market, LiveSTRONG Day, the Portland LiveSTRONG Challenge, the Relay For Life, the Andalusian Regionals and the 2009 Nationals are still on track. I am NOT laying down for this. Forward, as planned. :x :howl:  :oo