Beast of Bray Road, Real or not real???

The place to talk about where a lot of things started. Stories and history, references, etc.
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Beast of Bray Road, Real or not real???

Post by Silverwolfman »

:shift: Do you think The Werewolf here in wisconsin is real. i mean who here has seen the Beast of Bray Road on Scifi and believed it? i saw and i got sceptical about it. I need to hear what ya'll think on it. OH and by the way watch the werewolf in that movie it sucks and u dont see it change, i give that movie a low 2 from a scale of one to five. thats how bad it was nvm 1-10. Toss me an howl when u think of it k.
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

Somehow I doubt it. I mean its been seen many times with varing stories, most of which the animal in question turns into a human form. Being able to stand on hind legs and has a wolfish head. Some others say it spoke.Some said it looked to have fingers. Many missing pets were found split open and hearts removed. My theory, might be crazy but here it goes... There are alot of sick and twisted people in the world, why not in the Wisconsin woods? Could be just a really big guy, really muscled, that dresses up as a bear or wolf and goes around killing little animals and taking there hearts out. My other suspision is that it could be a bear or dog or somekind that perhaps a person has trained. A bear would explain hand with fingers, becuase there claws are very long and at night its hard to tell. A rather skinny black bear could pass of with a wolf face. Also bear's can stand and a growl could sound like words. As for morphing into a human thats were the trainer would come in. They most likely saw the creature when it left and a human reapeared from its place.

It's crazy maybe, but there are year or longer gaps where people haven't seen it. Where would said creature hide? Well in its cage of course. Or then again it could be some cult ritual. No one can know for sure. That's just me thinking up crazy senarios and entertaining myself.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary
Location: Cambria,Wisconsin away from other lycans like myself, man it gets lonely here!!!

Ya sure?

Post by Silverwolfman »

Ya sure cause the stuff i read is telling us how it first was on all fours then stands up with palms and aposable thumbs like us with fur and face like a wolf and everything. i mean come on i wouldnt mind looking for it cause what if its true. it something i wouldnt mind finding out for myself.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I think it's not real, just because I really don't believe in werewolves in general. As for the movie, I haven't seen it, but a low two on a scale of one to five would be a better movie than a low two on a scale of one to ten... Unless I misunderstood what you meant to say.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

Could be a crazy were giving the good ones a bad name.
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

well i think it could be real. i live in wisconsin also. and by the way i mean to say 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. its that bad. it keeps u guessing at the end and stuff but the werewolf in the movie sucks big time.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

FERRET!!! who doesnt love money? but think about it all the sightings i have read sound alittle convincing.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The movie The Beast of Bray Road that aired on the Sci-Fi channel bares very little resemblance to the actual events. You'll get a much more accurate idea reading Linda Godfrey's chronicles on "Weird Wisconsin." (That is, once the site is back up. It's under renovation.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

so i've heard. i've read some of her things pretty nice writing if u ask me. and ur right about the movie. and besides that the werewolf in that movie sucked!!!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Let's assume, for the moment, that the Beast is real, and is a Werewolf.
Notice my signature line?
If they actually exist, the best thing that we "Werewolf" people can do is protect it by insisting it doesn't exist...even if it's sitting on the couch, drinking beer, right across the room. Hey! leave me at least ONE bottle, ok?
They don't exist. They are fantasies. Politeness counts.
Last edited by RedEye on Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

true so that way theres no hunting parties going after it. but either way i wouldnt mind finding it for myself.
lunawolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by lunawolf »

ur not the only one who would want to find out if its real
i would love to go to places where strange animals have been seen
and try to find out if what they saw is a werewolf or not!
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

see i'm not the only one obviously. hell if i did find i'd tell everyone hey its real or dont owry about it its a hoax. but if i did find out it was real i wouldnt talk for along time after finding it i'd be surprised and flabergasted. i wouldnt be able to speak for a long time until i knew it was ok to speak.
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Well lets put it this way, it's either real or a majority of the people in Wisconsin and it's surrounding states are liars. Either one is entirely possible.

-Neko

P.S. I'm currently reading Godfrey's Hunting the American Werewolf and it's also very interesting.
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

very possible if u ask me. sure some supernatural and un explanable things have been proven wrong but what happens if this is for real? :?
RedWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Wisconsin Werewolves

Post by RedWolf »

Possibly inspired by the "Beast of Bray Road" and other Wisconsin legends, an man recently arrested in Fond du Lac claimed to be a werewolf:

Here's the original story from the Fond du Lac Reporter.
http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... /703050357

The story has been reposted on dozens of Internet websites, but I particularly like this satirical British version:

>"Ineffective Werewolf Faces Drug Charges"

>A Wisconsin man who is facing drugs and property charges after being >arrested while claiming that he was a werewolf and speaking what >reportedly sounded like a medieval language . . . . :P

>When confronted by police, he helpfully warned them that he was able to >change form, :shift:
>although he politely refrained from shape-shifting whilst being arrested . . . .

>Police are not yet believed to have investigated the possibility that he actually >is a werewolf. :roll:

See http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht ... _page_id=2
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

There are worse things to claim to be than werewolves... believe me...

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.ht ... _page_id=2
WereWolfBoy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Making the humans pay the wrong they have caused the pack
Additional Details: Damn the night
paws covered in blood, running
Running through the forest
Naked ,free of clothing howling
Animal instinct calls from
within.
Mood: Meh...

Post by WereWolfBoy »

lunawolf wrote:ur not the only one who would want to find out if its real
i would love to go to places where strange animals have been seen
and try to find out if what they saw is a werewolf or not!
some people won't know what a werewolf is unless they believe in the supernatural like luna and i.
I can tell a werewolf from a regular human anyday because each species gives off a different scent
The world lives in silence as we howl our hearts aloud
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

who says that the rest of us dont belive in the supernatural? i have believed in it since i was a kid. so basically this stuff is like my life sort to speak. scents, signs it doesnt matter to me a werewolf is a werewolf. or lycanthrope what ever u wanan call us, we are what we are. i havent questioned it and niether should any of us here.
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
cursed

Post by cursed »

I've just had a good look at the movie trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3pKwuY412E and it says in the beginning that there is several eye witnesses and a single photo. I was wondering does anybody have a copy of that photo?
Silverwolfman
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverwolfman »

it should be online somewhere. very interesting photo though i'm still skeptical
Werewolves are seen as cold blood killers to some. In my eyes we're all part of this world and must be accepted not rejected or driven away.
wolfpriest
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfpriest »

Lucky i kept these links on record!

http://www.prairieghosts.com/werewolves.html

http://www.prairieghosts.com/brayrd.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462193/

Anyone else notice that in the movie the werewolf looked like it had Dreadlocks?'

Also to one of the questions I had a copy of the witness photo! it helps to go to the actual scene, but my house was flooded awhile back and the photo along with some hand written reports were erraticated!