'Allo! *again*

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!

Would you be interested in a book that covers ALL aspects of Werewolves past and present?

YEAH!
78%
Nope...
No votes
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
22%

Total votes: 18

neomoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Iberian Wolf: Author & Musician
Additional Details: Author of Walking Wolf Road, Of Wolf and Man, the World of Darkness trilogy, Secrets of the Underground, and The Wild.
Mood: Busy

'Allo! *again*

Post by neomoon »

I finally figured out my password again, and so, without futher adu; HI! hwlwnk

Okay, here's the deal...
I'm working on a non-fuction book right now, called "The Wolfen Way: The History, Lore, and Reality of Werewolves". I'm trying to collect research data and demographics on the modern Therian/Shifter/Were/Otherkin community for the 'Reality' part of the book... The problem is, our community has so few real hubs, getting a good diversity of input has been a problem. To this end, I set up a group on Myspace.com, to try out a new method of research. The myspace group's controls and features were almost too limited to do anything with, but despite all that, it proved to be rather successful in regards to the Myspace-literate slice of the community. Once I saw that could work, I started working on a full external web-forum, that just went fully online yesterday.
And now, the rub...
I would like to ask permission from the higher-ups here *dodges a random duckie*, to advertise my forum here, and hopefully tap into the amazing resource The Pack has become. If you have any doubts about me or my work, you can check out the old myspace group at http://groups.myspace.com/wolfenway.
I do require all applicants fill out a basic demographic form as a condition of access. So, there will be a delay in admitting you until I can contact you with the form and recieve your response. This serves two purposes in that a: regardless of your further activity within the forum, I have the most basic demographics right off the bat, and b: it helps me weed out the real ones from the folks who just wanna play werewolf for a while so as to keep the collected data as accurate as possible.
Feel free to email me either here (now that I have my password again, I intend to participate more actively), at www.myspace.com/neomoon , or at my personal email (please don't abuse it) at djneomoon@hotmail.com
~Brandon Herbert -~- Neo Moon~
http://z8.invisionfree.com/the_wolfen_way
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

hello welcome back enjoy your stay again...dont forget your password...hehehe (that better for you Fenrir) hwlwnk
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

hiya. welcome back :D
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

White Paw wrote:hello welcome back enjoy your stay again...dont forget your password...hehehe (that better for you Fenrir) hwlwnk
much better

Welcome to the pack le noob

:welcome:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fenrir wrote:
White Paw wrote:hello welcome back enjoy your stay again...dont forget your password...hehehe (that better for you Fenrir) hwlwnk
much better

Welcome to the pack le noob

:welcome:

im so glad i can get your approval ohh great master of all that is proper greetings towards the noob population....hail to thyine master... *grobble grobble grobble* :lol:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

um....it's grovle isn't it?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Amoux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lost in a February Song

Post by Amoux »

:roflmao:
Literature is the one place in any society where, within the secrecy of our own heads, we can hear voices talking about everything in every possible way.

----Salman Rushdie
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Fenrir wrote:um....it's grovle isn't it?

honestly i have no clue :?
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

It's normally spelt "grovel". And do you two realise you've just filled up half the topic (so far) arguing about the right way to greet someone? And to think that I once thought my being picky about people's spelling was going a bit overboard...

Neomoon, that book looks really interesting... let us know when it gets published and I will try to hunt down a copy. Sorry I can't help with your research (Midnight is fictional and I'm just a werewolf fan, not a Therian) but I still wish you all the best with your research.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Midnight wrote:It's normally spelt "grovel". And do you two realise you've just filled up half the topic (so far) arguing about the right way to greet someone? And to think that I once thought my being picky about people's spelling was going a bit overboard...

:|
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Author of Walking Wolf Road, Of Wolf and Man, the World of Darkness trilogy, Secrets of the Underground, and The Wild.

Post by neomoon »

Okay, first; it is 'Grovel'. XP

Second, I think it's ironic that I initially joined almost a year ago, and am just now getting involved here... I just hope you don't have a 'Noobscalibre' like we do at work... O. .O
Oh, and Midnight; I really appreciate your comment. My book is going to be for us, and for anyone interested in us *nudge nudge, wink wink*, and trust me... when it comes out, I'll make sure you know... (Fair worning though, it's still years from completion... ;_;)

Finally, thank you all for the warm welcome! XD Add another were-bookworm to the ranks! :read2:
~Neo-kun
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Just one thing. LOOK OUT, LOOK OUT, LOOK OUT!!! fig will be coming soon, and he's gonna duckie you. Head for the hills! :lol: well anyway, Hellows :D and Wellcome, I'm nagowteena, and I would love to read your book.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

NEO! Havn't seen hide nor hair of you in ages!
*flying tackle-glomp*
:lol:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

neomoon wrote:Okay, first; it is 'Grovel'. XP

Second, I think it's ironic that I initially joined almost a year ago, and am just now getting involved here... I just hope you don't have a 'Noobscalibre' like we do at work... O. .O
Oh, and Midnight; I really appreciate your comment. My book is going to be for us, and for anyone interested in us *nudge nudge, wink wink*, and trust me... when it comes out, I'll make sure you know... (Fair worning though, it's still years from completion... ;_;)

Finally, thank you all for the warm welcome! XD Add another were-bookworm to the ranks! :read2:
~Neo-kun

yes i knmow what it is thank you.....totally ruined the joke so forget it.. :roll:
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

:lol: No worries, 's'all good! ^. .^

JAGAROUNDI-CHAN!!!! *massive glompage and groomage* How've you been, I's missed you!!!! :D

*prepares bokken with special anti-ducky tape* BRING IT OOOOOONNNNNN!!!!! DX
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

:lol: I'm starting to think that in order to be a Pack member you have to be a complete and utter goofball.

Good luck with your book, but you've got a lot of competition, at least in regards to the "Reality" section you mentioned. If I have to see another Ra damned survey... *growl, rant, grumble*

It's been overdone. Truly.
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

The difference between me and anyone who's done this before, is I'm absolutely serious about doing this, and doing this right. This isn't as simple as a paper for a class; this is going to be a life's acheavement; and neither Hell, high water, nor massive bludgeoning by duckies can hold back my goal and ambition.
:ducktoss3: :bounce:
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Greetings Neomoon,

This is a greeting message from the token Dragon in the Pack. One thing I noticed about the achievements of our lives is that we do them, then we move on to do something else (or the same thing again), and move from one achievement to the next. Please let someone who's writing a biography about you post-mortem form an opinion of what your 'life's achievement' is. It seems better to do and keep doing (evaluating as you go, to get better and better).

Bewere of duckies, for they fly high, low, and when we aim right, they manage to hit you.
New in sports: Duckie Baseball League.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

*glomps token Dragon* Sorry, can't help myself; I've always been deeply attached to Dragons. ^. .^*

Well, I guess I should modify, and say it will be one of my life's acheavments ;D Right alongside founding the world's first successful Were-Metal band. :headbanger:

http://www.myspace.com/volkovband
Brandon M. Herbert
:read: Therianthrope Author of Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, and Horror novels http://www.BrandonMHerbert.com
Walking Wolf Road - YA Therian Urban Fantasy - Autumn 2014 - http://amzn.com/1468072757 - http://www.facebook.com/BrandonMHerbert
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

neomoon wrote:The difference between me and anyone who's done this before, is I'm absolutely serious about doing this, and doing this right.
And you think I haven't heard that before? I'm telling you, it's been done, brought up so many times there's even a comic strip about people's reactions every time someone proposes such a thing.
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

I apologize if my response seemed conceited; that was not my intention. However, I don't feel that your response was entirely fair either. You don't know me, and are not fit to judge me or my intentions based on the actions of those before me. The only thing that can possibly hold me back, is publishing difficulty.
I am going to write this book; and unlike 'all the others', this book is not biased in any particular area besides being wholly and completely about werewolves (perhaps other species will follow, for now I have to meet my first goal). This book if fully and equally about the History (proven facts and figures thruout time), Lore (Mythology, beliefs, and legends from around the world) and Reality (Anthropology, mental illnesses, ergot, Therianthropy, Shifting, Otherkin) in equal measures. The whole reason I'm going to such lengths to reach out into this community is because I want my facts to be RIGHT. I don't want another one of those "Well, this is what I think, so I'm going to state it as true established fact" books; I want true figures that can be backed up, for a community that many of it's own members don't even realize exists.

(Side Note, thank you for sending me the link to that "Theri-There", I'd forgotten how to find it, and I finally got a release date for the "Field Guide to Otherkin". Domo! :wink:
Brandon M. Herbert
:read: Therianthrope Author of Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, and Horror novels http://www.BrandonMHerbert.com
Walking Wolf Road - YA Therian Urban Fantasy - Autumn 2014 - http://amzn.com/1468072757 - http://www.facebook.com/BrandonMHerbert
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Neomoon, thanks. It's good to be glomped. :)
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

*glomps again* Glompage is always good!!! ^. .^
Brandon M. Herbert
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Been ages since we talked Neo, except about your band! Welcome (back) to the pack :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
neomoon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neomoon »

YAY! *glomps Twisted Guitarrist* Hazaah for old friends! ^. .^
(My glompage muscles are getting tired X.X)
Brandon M. Herbert