chance to be a werewolf. would you do it?

The place for anything at all...

would you do it?

HELL YES!!!! it's well worth it
84%
NO WAY!!! it's not worth it
16%

Total votes: 100

Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

naa... the confermation of thier existince would be preety sweet as is, and knowing a few weres would bee cool enough. Too many good things in life as is to risk death.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Just a thought here but wouldn't the constant shifting put "more" strain on your body thus shortening your lifespan as a werewolf?

Well anyway..... I was the guy who quickly picked yes but later thought "maybe that wasn't such a good idea"

Since we're assuming werewolves are in hypothetical existence for this question that brings up if there are any other were-creatures of 1 time transformation (permanent) creatures that are also existing. You know like a vampire because I dun wanna fight them forever....
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

If there were enough one-time shifters (permenant anthro form) to create a legit minority in society, I wouldn't mind becomming an anthro-rabbit. Granted there would be those people that would discriminate, but I think the majority of americans would be enthusiastic about meeting an anthro-human. I sometimes wonder if that fantasy makes me a closet furry. I'm too much of a realist, and keep my imagination tied only to my art, so I guess not.

Keeping a lifestyle secret and shifting during full moons isn't my idea of a good time, so being a were is out of the question.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Re: If you knew a werewolf and he offered to bite you..

Post by Herpscott »

Vuldari wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Would you accept?

BEcause, even though the advantages would be obvious, you'd have to deal with the feeling of isolation from society, not to mention the canine instincts.

I don't know about you guys, but my answer would still be yes.
I can't answer yes or no.

"It Depends..."

It depends on how much I know about this particular version of Lycanthropy...how it works...what I would look like...how much it would effect my mind...how much control I had...what other physical side-effects there may be...and all sorts of factors that are hard to think of on the spot.

I can imagine versions of Lycanthropy that I would almost certainly accept and allow myself to be bitten and changed on purpose (after a great deal of internal debating...I don't make decisions like that on a whim).

...but I can also imagine other versions of Lycanthropy that would be nothing but a terrible curse, which could be fates worse than death.

If it was to my liking, SURE ... ( screw those people who might shun or hate me...they suck anyway. I'm not afraid of being a social outcast...I've been one most of my life ) ... but there are just too many variables for me to answer a definite YES or NO.

However, if I were to consider every well known lycanthrope from film, mythology, legend and other popular fiction and average out my Yes's and No's ... 90% would likely be NO's.
Ya know, I may have done a knee-jerk "Yes" to this, but truthfully I would want to know some more too. Well put Vuldari!
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Hale yes

Post by RedEye »

Given the Following: That I knew the Wulfen well enough to trust his/her description of what the Crossing is like, and that they could show that they retained control in their Fur (being chased by angry peasants is a major turn off-been there, done that) and that the framed Werewolf Healing capacity really worked as advertised...I'd get bit.
Why? I've done what a lot of people see on the screen: I was a Ranger in the Army and I've been places I still can't talk about. I've also been injured a lot more then the usual suspects: comes with the terrirory. I lost two inches of height just jumping out of perfectly good airplanes over places where the aforesaid peasants would chase me. Thank God for Morphine Styrettes.
As a result, my body is a mess. I'm in pain more times than I'm not, and a lot of things I used to do are just plain impossible: my body won't do it anymore.
That's why I'd let myself get bitten, go through the Dangerous Crossing, and wear the Wolf's skin; just so I could be normal... :shift: again rvt
Any questions?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Also one of those "it depends" people. If I ended up looking like the American Werewolf In Paris ape thing, no. Let's face it: most renditions of werewolves are ugly...

Instincts I could deal with. I'm pretty feral anyway. I'd just like to know what type of werewolf I'm going to be before the guy bites me.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

If I did (and that's a big "if", and would mainly depend on how much control I had and how much of my own brain I kept), it wouldn't even come close to the most stupid things I've done because someone thought they were a good idea at the time. (Loading Windows 98 on a perfectly good computer is an example of the latter).

Temp'... you make a very good point about tattoos. I've been looking for close to two decades and still haven't found a design I want tattooed on myself yet.

RedEye... also some very good points. I haven't had anything even remotely resembling an interesting life but I've still managed to acquire a set of joints that are currently telling me in no uncertain terms that this week's cold snap is merely the harbinger of a harsh winter.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

If the werewolf was to my liking for appearance, and things like never getting sick or something, being able to shift at will (not by the full moon), if I could hide the fact I was one, and have both an anthro and a full wolf form, then yes. Without a doubt.

If not, then absolutely not :D I'd hate to wake up not remembering anything.

Point is, there'd be so many things I wouldn't want. And I'd actually love to be able to turn into a small cat or a bird or a fox, too, or a bat, so I could go in animal form wherever I wanted.

Other point is, it depends obviously on what we think a werewolf could be...if I were the species I had created, I'd definately say yes.

Then I could play many, many pranks!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
blaidd-ddyn
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Wolves Curse

Post by blaidd-ddyn »

Kirk Hammett wrote:If the werewolf was to my liking for appearance, and things like never getting sick or something, being able to shift at will (not by the full moon), if I could hide the fact I was one, and have both an anthro and a full wolf form, then yes. Without a doubt.

If not, then absolutely not :D I'd hate to wake up not remembering anything.
I would have to agree... I would not want to become a mindless killing machine like they can be depicted as, rather I would prefer to keep my own mind when I transform thank you very much. Other than that, I would have no objections to lycanthropy...
I'm the Invisble Man
Incredible how you can
see right through me
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

well i would definitly go for it but my job in the state would probably be a bad idea, the government checks your background to your grandparents just so you can change your name( im trying to soon) so you can imagin them finding out one way or another. but it wouldnt effect my life cause i am ussualy alone and im a society hates me and my lifestyles so yaeh, bite me...no really bite me right here on the arm(sticks hand out)
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I would definitely do it. There isnt a day that goes by that I wish I could be bitten right then and there.
Matt
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Matt »

I would have to ask why me? Why am I a candidate and not everyone else. It would also depend on all other WW's position in society. If they are a well organized group living in the shadows, or if they are just scattered about trying to get by on their own.
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

Yes. There is risk in everything. Heck, considering the car crash death rate, becoming a werewolf would be a walk in the park. Breathing, running, walking, sleeping, sex...it is all dangerous, and there is a significant chance that you could drop dead at any moment during any of those activities. I'd rather be able to choose the time and place of my death, and if I die while I'm trying to become something greater, why not?

That which does not kill you can only make you stronger, and that which kills you can only make those closest to you stronger.

-Cruce
Initial Here: ___
Here: ___
And Here: ___

Sign on the dotted line: .................................
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Anthro American citizens. Heh well, if you want to be politically correct like everyone else is these days.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

es. There is risk in everything. Heck, considering the car crash death rate, becoming a werewolf would be a walk in the park. Breathing, running, walking, sleeping, sex...it is all dangerous, and there is a significant chance that you could drop dead at any moment during any of those activities. I'd rather be able to choose the time and place of my death, and if I die while I'm trying to become something greater, why not?

That which does not kill you can only make you stronger, and that which kills you can only make those closest to you stronger.

-Cruce
Yes that is very true.

When Anubis said "a significant chance", I thought it would be more like 90-95%

If the chance was like 60-65%, and I wouldn't transform into a vicious, man-eating, bloodthirsty beast....

I THINK I would do it.
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

Im not gunna go any farther than to say what I have said. People don't need to believe me. I don't care bout names. You can call me lycanthrope, therian, werewolf, I don't care. They all pretty much mean the same thing. If I don't give any proof you wont believe me, and if I do give any "proof", you may still not believe me. So why should I even say anything?
I like the attention :lol: :lol:
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

"May not" is better than a definite "not", so that's not good reasoning for not giving any proof. Not to sound rude, but I'd say that your real reasoning is much better: You can't get proof of something that isn't true.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Motsiewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: *thinking*

Post by Motsiewolf »

I don't really care :P I have my personal people who believe me and that is good enough for me :D Why is it so important to have "proof" anyway? :? And how would one get the "proof"? That would be kinda hard to have someone to get.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Proof would be like a photograph, or, better yet, a video. I see no reason to just believe something so far-fetched on somebody's word, particularly when they admit to liking attention.

On an unrelated note, happy 250th post to me.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

This may sound a bit carefree and selfish but I think I'd go for it no matter what. I have always tried to imagine what it would be like, always wanted to know. I I had the chance, I would rather take the risk and live the experience than regret not doing it.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
ArcaneWerewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ArcaneWerewolf »

I would need to know details of something before jumping right into it. I'd need to how I'd turn out beforehand, like a general image of how I'd look, my mental stability after changing, whether the transformation is permanent or if I'm able to shift freely between forms, and so on...

If I wasn't able to know anything like that before becoming a werewolf, then I'd only consider it in certain situations (like if I was going to die anyway of a disease, or something happened that would make the rest of my life suck).
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Motsiewolf wrote:I don't really care :P I have my personal people who believe me and that is good enough for me :D Why is it so important to have "proof" anyway? :? And how would one get the "proof"? That would be kinda hard to have someone to get.
Simple. Get a digital video cam, install it on yer computer, turn it on, record the change, and send the vid ta whoever wants proof.

Better yet, fly down here ta Phoenix, knock on my door, say "Hi, Templar, lookie what I can do!" an' do yer thing right there in front a me.

Do that, an not only will I compensate ya fer the flight down here, but I'll also pay fer yer flight back. Plus a hundred bucks. That, and ya get da pleasure of seein' my surprised and defeated face when ya prove me wrong.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Yeah Motsiewolf; take Templar up on that offer! lol

Seeing is believing :D

And on-topic:
Basically what everyone else here is saying. I need to know what it would be like first; how you'd look, think, ect...
If its like our ideal Freeborn werewolves; then hell yeah :D
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Silverclaw wrote:Yeah Motsiewolf; take Templar up on that offer! lol

Seeing is believing :D
Yeah. C'mon, Motsie, an' anyone else here who says they're real bona-fied tooth an' claw werewolves. It's free money! ya get to rock my sense of reality and my bank account!

Course, if ya show up here an' don't deliver, I get a good laugh and you get a door in either the face or the a**.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

If I could do it I would in a heart beat..that's just my 2 cents..It would get lonely trying to hide all the time who u truly are :(