One of the best Animations I've seen!!

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

One of the best Animations I've seen!!

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

The movements are so clean an realistic!! God I just had to watch it over an over again to see if I saw any mistakes an I just couldn't!! You just gotta admire folks with such skill!!! :jester: I hope one day to even get close to where this guy is :howl:  :oo

Warning there is music so turn down that volume :jester:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/131413/

:hsup :lovestruck: :howl:  :oo

God if the werewolves move like this in FreeBorn...*gasps an falls over as if fainting* :P

Well minus that switch which I find rather cute myself :Jester3:
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Holy :o :o :o :o

Sweet!!!! That is one amazing animation! Great find man! Wow! Every part of that animal was moving so realistically, it was...for lack of another word realistic! Very life-like indeed.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

That's really cool...

...however...

I don't know if I'm just in a very critical mood or what, but that really is not that impressive. The character is moving like a first-gen CG character...awkward, unnatural, mechanical and stiff. It was 10x better than 99% of animations I see created with the program "Poser", but if I had made that myself, I would not have been happy with it. It's a good first try...but not that good.

If the Werewolves in Freeborn walk like that...we're all screwed...

Kudos to the creator for the effort though. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

The wws in Freeborn will be just small cg alterations to an actor's natural motions, so it will be much more fluid.

Don't be so critical. This artist started from nothing, built the model, and created a fairly realistic walk using a form that does not even exist in reality. It may not be 100% perfect, but I'm darn sure it's a heck of a lot better than what you or I could do.
At least give the artist credit for skill and the amount of time that must have taken.

I think it looks darn good for the work of one individual. Movie cg effects take an entire team of artists.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

very nice 8)
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Amazing Work :D
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

:o wow...a very good animation
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

The only major complaint i have is that the werewolf model seems to be precisely (sp?) placing each individual foot.

When a human walks we let our legs and arms swing in stride, and placing our feet approximately where we want them with a more swing-like gait this model would be exceptional.
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

I'd agree with Vuldari, it isn't as smooth as some really good cg animations, but for a first try i suppose it's a good job. I think the walk is all wrong personally, to jagged and awkward.

One can never think their work is perfect becuase they'd never fix and and get better. I'm sure this person will try and try again to get this as perfectly as possible, that is what makes a good artist.

Cool though, it was funny when it tripped, it gave me a giggle.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

Agreed.

The animation was ok. That type of walk HAS to go.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Agreed.

I said the same lol that switch just wouldn't cut it, but hell maybe he had a reason for that ?? Though I still say it's one of the best an I know people are probably looking for a more hunched over walking werewolf. In other words here some more of his work in action

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/244452/

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/290775/

You gotta admit he's good an no one of us here could do that :wiggle:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

PariahPoet wrote: I think it looks darn good for the work of one individual. Movie cg effects take an entire team of artists.
Not these days. With the right computer, and programs, all it takes is one person.

The only thing that one person can't do is supply the different voices. (Unless he uses some type of filter to alter his own voice.)

"Kaze, Ghost Warrior" was done by one person.

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Well, now, I wouldn't say that. :grinp:

There is a few people here thats in the process of learning that stuff. :D
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

:o Woah! thats insane! awesome! :)
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Figarou wrote:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Well, now, I wouldn't say that. :grinp:

There is a few people here thats in the process of learning that stuff. :D

Yeah..looking at waht I said that was wrong..Sorry guys..I dunno the first thing about animations, so I can't really say it's not any good or anyone for that matter that can animate kudos to them :howl:  :oo
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Now cmon, how can you call that best animation you ever seen? Its good, really good. But shurly you seen better. :wink:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Agreed.

I said the same lol that switch just wouldn't cut it, but hell maybe he had a reason for that ?? Though I still say it's one of the best an I know people are probably looking for a more hunched over walking werewolf. In other words here some more of his work in action

Can't say I like the animation in the original post, but the first one here is alright in terms of smoothness. The second one's not as good in animation, but has a pretty good model.

As for nobody here being able to do that... Not even Kaebora?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

can't see owt but a blank white box...Am i doing summat wrong?
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Agreed.

Can't say I like the animation in the original post, but the first one here is alright in terms of smoothness. The second one's not as good in animation, but has a pretty good model.

If somebody can top it then do it. Quit whining about it if you're not going to make a better one. This isn't at anybody in particular, but this whole topic is nothing but people talking about how it sucks. Can't anybody appreciate the skill, time, and effort that goes into a piece of art rather than jumping to tear it to shreds?
You don't like the way it looks, MAKE A BETTER ONE! Otherwise, I don't have any interest in listening to all the whining and criticism.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

geekboy1500 wrote:The only major complaint i have is that the werewolf model seems to be precisely (sp?) placing each individual foot.

When a human walks we let our legs and arms swing in stride, and placing our feet approximately where we want them with a more swing-like gait this model would be exceptional.
Yeah..more like a women in high heals trying to strut. :D
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Shadow Wulf wrote:Now cmon, how can you call that best animation you ever seen? Its good, really good. But shurly you seen better. :wink:
I said ONE of the best :wink:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I don't think people appreciate just how much time and effort goes into these things. To make something as complicated and smooth as that must have taken forever. It takes hours and hours of work just to create a simple model, and that doesn't include adding any sort of texture, shading, or color. I'm not even taking the animation into consideration here.

Either that, or my l337 art skillz are seriously lacking and I'm using a crappy program.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

PariahPoet wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

Agreed.

If somebody can top it then do it. Quit whining about it if you're not going to make a better one. This isn't at anybody in particular, but this whole topic is nothing but people talking about how it sucks. Can't anybody appreciate the skill, time, and effort that goes into a piece of art rather than jumping to tear it to shreds?
You don't like the way it looks, MAKE A BETTER ONE! Otherwise, I don't have any interest in listening to all the whining and criticism.
No, I couldn't make a better one. I suck at CG and I need to work on my patience so I can say otherwise. I merely suggested that it wasn't the godly animation many on here are treating it as, and suggested someone who I think has quite a lot of talent in that field. One more thing... Seems excessive, but you know, whatever:
Ebert's Law

When you ask somebody to try their own hand at something before criticizing your efforts, you have violated Ebert's Law and lost the argument. Roger Ebert is not a filmmaker, but he knows what he likes and doesn't, and has every right to say so. Similarly, people don't need to be chefs to recognize a good restaurant, or musicians to appreciate a symphony.
Roger Ebert himself is a hack as a professional critic, but Ebert's Law speaks the truth! It says what I feel is an appropriate response to your challenge better than I could.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

That's a good walk cycle. Seriously. I wish I had the capability of doing that kind of work. I will... one day soon.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

Yup, and Ebert loves all sorts of movies that I hate. Different people have different tastes. He may not make movies, but he can offer constructive criticism. He doesn't just say "That's stupid." He can tell why a scene isn't successful and how to fix it. So far nobody has come foreward with the technical breakdown of what is wrong with it. The walk is jerky? Ok, tell exactly how to fix that. "Make it smoother" doesn't cut it. Maybe it's the angle of one of the many joints that's off, or maybe something with the timing, or the center of balance. With even the simplest motion, there are 1000 things happening at once. Think about making that character reach out with one arm and pick up a glass. You have 18 major joints(not even counting the subtle sliding joints in the hand), approximately 42 muscles (anatomy people, if anyone knows the exact number please let me know, those were all I counted that were involved in moving the arm in any way.), and nearly unlimited ways of actually doing the grabbing(pick it up with two fingers, grab it with the entire hand, grab it around the top or the middle, reach for it directly, arc the arm in to take it from the side, etc). This isn't exactly like picking up a barbie doll and bouncing it up and down to say it's dancing. There is a LOT of work involved.

Surely someone can take the role of Ebert and actually give a CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Nobody ever said that this was the end-all 42 of animation clips. Nobody said this is going to be used in Freeborn, why tear it apart? That's why I never post any of my art or writing here. Because everyone is hateful. make one or two mistakes and that's all people will talk about.
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

-Jack Handey