The place for anything at all...
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Texas S*** Storm

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Wow...where to start,

Ok so during this week I'm visiting my father in Texas right, well my second night here I'm outside watching the lighting in such when, *BLAM* there goes the tornado warning sirens. My step-mom comes flying out the door telling us that there is a tornado warning in effect for our area. So we get inside, clear out the closet and get ready for hell in a handbasket. The news breaks to the EMBS, or emergency brodcasting services(the really annoying squealing thing on the T.V they do a test of once a month) So anywho, the news comes back on and their telling us that all people in the arlington area, on the streets of, "I-cant-remeber-right-now" Need to seek imediet shelter as its forcast to come right down our street. Well me being in the California Cadet Corps caused me to revert back to my disaster training so I started preping everything. Well we're standing at each door looking for the funnle cloud and never see it, which is great. So with in 20 minutes there was a picture showing a EF-1 or for those who dont know the F-scale, Enhanced Fujiva 1. Something new their going by. Back to the poing, an EF-1 touched down 3 blocks from our house. We had sever lighting and quarter to large marble size hail and winds gusting in excess of 70 to 80mph....So that was my wounderfull second night being in Texas, Joy huh?!?!?!?!

Stryker
5/5 Furry Writer
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:o Dear God!!!! what part of Texas you in?

cas here in El Paso it's clear skys, hot as hell, and quite as can be.

it's like we are on two difrent planets!!!
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Im in Arlington, which is like twenty min from DFW....and this was lastnight...it sucked, really bad...
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow some vacation your having. So far it hasnt rain much at here in Florida. So much for 2nd Lightning capital of the world.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

:( yah it can get petty bad in texas. once there was a horroble storm here, houses were flooded, and stuff. so keep your eyes out!! :o and don't worry much about the thunder and lightning.
Image Image
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Thunder and Lighting dont scare this wuffie, its the tornados this wuffie would turn tail too, but yea..Im used to rain and flooding...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Oh we have tornados here too. aswell as hurricanes. So far my county got lucky as hell with those situations. 6 years back there was a tornado only a mile away and a power line fell in the front of my street.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

strykeriuswolf wrote:Thunder and Lighting dont scare this wuffie, its the tornados this wuffie would turn tail too, but yea..Im used to rain and flooding...

:o ....Tornados scar the Cr@* out of me!!!!!!!! we almost had a tornado here last year, I can't wait till I go to Callifornia, I would much rather earth quakes, then tornados!!!
Image Image
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

what part of cali?
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

L.A. :D
Image Image
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Ohhh...joy...have fun there...I moved to Norcal about three, no four years ago :lol:
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary

Post by *nagowteena* »

strykeriuswolf wrote:Ohhh...joy...have fun there...I moved to Norcal about three, no four years ago :lol:
hehehe, :lol:
Image Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Tornado huh? I'd like to see one of those, just once. Watching them on the tv doesn't do justice to their terrible beauty. I love storms, and tornadoes have always facinated me. I'd like to know what the air feels like just before one hits.
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Ill tell you this Set....You really dont want to see one, I thought I did and last night took that right out of me...Even with my training it still scared the living crap outa me
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

WTF?! There was a tornado in Arlington?! Why didn't any of my family call and tell me about it? I'll have to call my grandfather now.

I grew up in Arlington, and intense tornadoe seasons typically happen once every two years there. The most serious damage happened in the year 2000 when the F3 hit downtown Fort Worth. Well the last time I was in Texas during my Christmas vacation, there was a tornado siren going off while me and my friend were driving to his house. No tornadoes touched down in the area, so that was one of many false alarms you can get there. Always take it seriously though, because you never know what could happen.

Where in Arlington were you visiting? Just curious. I used to live near the intersection of I-20 and 360.
Set wrote:Tornado huh? I'd like to see one of those, just once. Watching them on the tv doesn't do justice to their terrible beauty. I love storms, and tornadoes have always facinated me. I'd like to know what the air feels like just before one hits.
It feels like a slow drop of pressure on your head. It sounds like a freight train.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

You know I heard that parts of texas have been hit by Tornadoes. I guess tornadoes really can hit anywhere..Glad to hear you weren't hurt.. :P I kinda thought when I was a pup that I wanted to chase tornadoes..Who knows I might still. So you say this was an F-1 huh? That's not really a powerful tornado, but it can still do plenty damage. Glad you weren't hit by something like an F-5. One thing I loved as a kid was weather so I know the scales by heart, so you were definatly lucky :howl:  :oo
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Damn.

Stuff like Tornadoes and all that makes me glad the worst I have to worry about is a nasty blizzard and it's associated dangers. Glad you're alright. Look on the bright side - you came out fine and now have an interesting story to tell! :D
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Sweet!! Tornadoes! (Sabre haha I -still- want to chase tornadoes and volcanic eruptions etc and I'm no child!)

Of course, the damage they do does not bring any cheer to me. They are beautiful, but they also bring a lot of destruction. I support anyone who is trying to find a better warning system.

In Australia we have a few tornado alleys but generally they aren't much higher than an F1 except in the wheatbelts where they can get to an extreme F5!! We get ours mostly in Winter though, oddly. Hence we have hardly any houses with basements...but we have a small room for protection in the event, we also have a high rate of cyclones and I have been in a strong cyclone. (Hurricane/Typhoon)

Knowing the damage storms of any kind can do (We get very dangerous lightning storms here too, although I tend to sit outside...stupidly, and drink and watch), I am very glad you are safe, and glad nothing blew up, and glad your house is okay. Millions and billions of dollars of damage every year to natural distasters.

As for the weird shaped clouds, we sometimes see those, and spinning super cells, mammatus clouds etc. Giant raindrops and hail and all. It's scary because as you said there they can spawn tornadoes. It's great you have training though!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Excitement! :o Well, Im glad you and your family are safe.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

SO am I It most be horrible to go through a tornado
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

strykeriuswolf wrote:Ill tell you this Set....You really dont want to see one, I thought I did and last night took that right out of me...Even with my training it still scared the living crap outa me
Hm. You could be right. But then again, I won't know until I see one.

At least you're in one piece, right?
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

*pats over body with his paws, checks under pants* :P sorry bad humor, yes I'm all still together, ohhhh and let me tell you, my mate had a crap fit when he found out.... :D