Do you fancy fishing?

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Do you fancy fishing?

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I love fishing!! The first time I ever went I was like 8 or 10 lol. Sadly I hadn't been since then, but I just picked up a new fishing rod a few days ago from wal-mart an everything I need, well I still need a tackle box. None of my family likes to fish, so I'd go alone, but I find it most relaxing if you have a good spot :grinwiggle: If you do fish what's ur fave type of fishing to do? Do you fish at a lake? I fish in this park the has a huge lake. So peaceful there. Called Creve Couer Lake an it's just an awesome view :jester:
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

Sounds great Joker. I love fishing too. :D We go fly fishing every year when we camp. Place called Rolly Lake, you can catch some nice rainbow trout there
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I haven't gone fishing in a long time. I managed to catch a snapping turtle with a fishing pole once. Wasn't very big, but I was surprised.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

DarkShadow wrote:Sounds great Joker. I love fishing too. :D We go fly fishing every year when we camp. Place called Rolly Lake, you can catch some nice rainbow trout there
You know I've never caught a rainbow trout before? :Jester3: I have caught cat fish an small mouth bass before. I am hoping to catch some big fish this year :jester:
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Actually, I feel bad for the fish...

so no, I don't fish.

:P
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

heh my state has such great fishing they made a movie out of it! ha! I dun really like fishing though.. I'm an odd cat yes but dun have the patience and I never caught anything at all. :( aaanywho <_<
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I love fishing, I love fish. They are good eating. Its so relaxing, gives you time to think. Its better if you fish on a boat. :)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

They are good eats, i agree on that. Nothing better than good ol' Fish and Chips...deep fried Cod..mmmm...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I only fished a few times when I was younger. Never caught anything though. I feel bad for the fishies too; If I did get one, I'd let em loose most likely; I hate to see them slowly suffocate.
My friend lives by a stream and river, so when we were younger, we would get minnows and crayfish in nets :) We would hold them then throw them back. :D

Though I've been crabing too when I was younger and really liked that. The cages that you hang off the dock with bait in the middle. When you pull it up fast enough, you get a few big crabs in the cage sometimes :D Good times :)
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

I love to fish! Wow, I still remember my first trip, but that'll be a snore-fest for you all...

Anyhow in out here in Cali, they hold small little "Fishing in the City" events to get kids into fishing. I like to volunteer there when I can.

As for the caught fish, I prefer to give them to someone else if they're not 'catch and release'. Yeah strangely I can fish, but I don't like the taste...oh well...

I prefer I nice shore fishing trip by myself, I'll bring friends along on occasion, but not really very often. When you live in a big city, a fishing trip in the country side by yourself, is very relaxing...

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I love to fish. I have my flyrood up here at school with me for trout and then when I am home, we go fishing at our ranch for large-mouth bass or copper nose depending on my mood. Fishing on the ocean, however, simply cant be beaten.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Nah I never keep fish. Fishing to me is just for fun. I release em :jester: I think it would be better in a boat too Shadow Wulf, but boats are expensive!! :o I would love to hit the ocean an do some deep sea fishing!! I heard it's quite the rush :wiggle: Here in Missouri the most popular fish are blue catfish an bass. Them blue catfish can get huge!! Check this out!! Catfish are popular here :jester: http://www.missourigameandfish.com/fish ... aa083204a/
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

I used to go fishing when I was a kid with my Gandad in the river Dee, near our home. I would also go with my mates to the pits down the lanes near us, until we started gettin' hassled by a perv. :x

Didn't fish again until last september when we visited friends in Bangor, Nr Belfast. We went sea fishing with the kids. in 3 hours we caught over 90 Mackerel!!! So much fun but seriously messy!! :lol:

Us on the boat leaving the harbour (I'm the bald one)

Me and me best man Dave, Guttin' and Filletin'(I'm still the bald one) :lol:

Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

lupine wrote:I used to go fishing when I was a kid with my Gandad in the river Dee, near our home. I would also go with my mates to the pits down the lanes near us, until we started gettin' hassled by a perv. :x

Didn't fish again until last september when we visited friends in Bangor, Nr Belfast. We went sea fishing with the kids. in 3 hours we caught over 90 Mackerel!!! So much fun but seriously messy!! :lol:

Us on the boat leaving the harbour (I'm the bald one)

Me and me best man Dave, Guttin' and Filletin'(I'm still the bald one) :lol:

do you spit shine that baldness of yours :lol: :D
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

The answer....you will find.....

with...

BeesWax. :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

ACK!! :o Lupine your cruel!! That looks like such fun!! :( Now you gotta come here so we can all hook up an fish :Jester3:
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

I constantly fish with my grandfather in the warmer months. We take his boat out on several lakes here in Wisconsin. I love fishing and absolutely enjoy spending time with him. Even if the fishing is slow, spending time with him is reward enough. :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Ashkin-Tyr wrote:I constantly fish with my grandfather in the warmer months. We take his boat out on several lakes here in Wisconsin. I love fishing and absolutely enjoy spending time with him. Even if the fishing is slow, spending time with him is reward enough. :D
I envy you there..I used to fish with my grandpa, but he's so sickly now we can't, but I remember it was such fun :howl:  :oo :jester:
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Yeah, my grandad taught me ta fish. We were down in Texas, so we'd go to some nearby lake an' catch catfish. Usually big suckers. They usually stay in the mud at the bottom, so ya gotta set yer cork high an' let bait an' hook drift down. They can put up a big fight, an' ya gotta watch out fer the spur in their dorsal fin.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Templar wrote:Yeah, my grandad taught me ta fish. We were down in Texas, so we'd go to some nearby lake an' catch catfish. Usually big suckers. They usually stay in the mud at the bottom, so ya gotta set yer cork high an' let bait an' hook drift down. They can put up a big fight, an' ya gotta watch out fer the spur in their dorsal fin.
Damn..I heard about that spur..Been lucky enough not to get caught in that..What kinda of catfish have you seen in Texas? Wait a sec you said Texas? Get out!! :o :Jester3: Is it really good fishing in Texas?
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Templar wrote:Yeah, my grandad taught me ta fish. We were down in Texas, so we'd go to some nearby lake an' catch catfish. Usually big suckers. They usually stay in the mud at the bottom, so ya gotta set yer cork high an' let bait an' hook drift down. They can put up a big fight, an' ya gotta watch out fer the spur in their dorsal fin.
Damn..I heard about that spur..Been lucky enough not to get caught in that..What kinda of catfish have you seen in Texas? Wait a sec you said Texas? Get out!! :o :Jester3: Is it really good fishing in Texas?
Oh, heck yeah! There's always some local fishin' hole or river/stream around, especially in West Texas. Heck, my grandad would even go to the friggin water hazards on the local golf course! Plenty of big catfish down there. He knows all the best spots. The Abilene area's got a thrivin' catfish business.

Yeah, that spur is a pain in da a$$. My lil sister once caught a catfish that almost bigger than she was, an' everybody was too afraid ta go near the thing cause of its huge spur.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

lupine wrote:The answer....you will find.....

with...

BeesWax. :lol:
lol nice. :lol:

i used to go fresh water fishing but never caught anything so i gave that up for salt water fishing. and omg thats fun. dont have to worry much about technique in fishing out in salt water you just throw the proper bait and catch big fish. very fun. havent been in years though. :)