Mystery movies....

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Mystery movies....

Post by Silverclaw »

OK, I just finished watching one of the movies from my childhood that I havent seen in a very long time: Dot and the Kangaroo. :) (Now I really want to find Dot and the Bunny; one I remember loving back in the day)

Anywho, it got me thinking of other things I have watched long ago. I remember bits and pieces of some, so maybe someone here will know the title :)

1. Ok, there was an old cartoon, maybe from the 70s, possibably the early 80s. It was about a pod of whales. I remember a white whale that may of been the main character. And a disturbing scene were the whales had to swim under a massive oil spill. After a while swimming uder it, one whale couldnt take it anymore and had to go to the surface for another breath of air. The others try to stop him, but of course he surfases and dies in the oil. :(

2. The other movie is a liveaction one. I just remember these kids/teens had a magical tv that would show stuff that has yet to air. One scene was a boy watching a horse race, seeing the winner cross the line, then turning the tv off. He told his brother(?) who won and they placed their bet. Later, they find out that the horse was disqulifed for some reason, and a different horse was named the winner. So they were mad at the boy for not watching long enough.

If anyone reconizes any of those, please tell! :D Use this thread also if their is any old movie/show you dont remember the name off.
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Heh, I remember watching Dot and Keeto (as in mosquito) a lot.

Sorry, but the other ones don't ring a bell.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I think I remember seeing the whale one but don't remember what it was.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:o I believe I found out what the whale one was:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0091889/
Samson and Sally: Song of the Whale
And from reading the reviews, I'm happy to find out I was not the only one who was mentaly scarred by this as a youngster :wink:
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

I don't know much information about them, though I could do with that Tv. :lol: