Venting

The place for anything at all...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Dude !! thats bullshit .. what kind of father does that to thier children :x thats f*** up... i feel you Lupine :( :howl:  :oo
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I know it sucks to be handicapped; heck, I wasn't running on all sixes not so long ago. What I absolutely hate is the ones who use their placards as license to be dillholes.

So I was coming home today from the bi-weekly Costco run. My exit is a quarter-mile from the turn and coincidentally enough, the onramp for the highway through town lets out only a few hundred feet from the exit and this time of night, people are going home. So in order to get to my exit, I have to jockey like all get-out to get in position through this clusterf*** of cranky drivers coming off Beltline and heading for downtown. And the exit empties right into a cloverleaf so the second I get on it, I have to hit the brakes and slow the hell down or else I go flying into the Delta Ponds and moidalize nesting geese and nutrias.

So I looked at the Beltline offramp, it looked clear, and I started to merge. SUDDENLY THERE'S THIS BIG DARK OLDER MODEL MINIVAN RIGHT IN MY BLINDSPOT!! He just barrelled up the offramp without slowing down, going something like 70 like he's on the frackin' Interstate.

I spotted him in time and swerved back out, and the driver LEANED on his horn for something like ten seconds, cussing at me. I saw the handicapped card hanging from his rear view mirror.

Then the bastard decides to "punish" me and came up to pace me and lock me into my lane, cutting me off from my exit. The next exit is a mile down and he just hung there, cussing at me, probably taking my license plate number and not letting me get over. I couldn't brake and get in behind him because the way he was acting, he'd have probably hit the brakes on me and I had more cranky homebounds stacked up behind us. I didn't want to get pushed onto the freeway to downtown so I had to really speed up, go faster than him in order to get over. I don't like speeding excessively but it was that or wind up driving for miles to circle back and go home.

I got over and pulled out fast to get away from this aggressive bastard, which I absolutely didn't like doing. And then, he took a parting shot at me, slingshotting without so much as a glance towards his turn signal and flipped me off as he rocketed by.

I'm all for cutting people slack if they've gotten a bad shake in life. But this guy was probably mad at the world, he definitely had a chip on his shoulder; that or he figured, "I'm handicapped, I got the card, all I gotta do is flash it and say 'I'm handicapped, give me a break' and everyone will be falling all over themselves for the privelege of letting me walk all over them." I got a good look at the stickers on his rear bumper and right now I'm contemplating keying his paint if I ever see it again.

Okay, I probably wouldn't but that guy just frosted my cake. I hate getting bullied and not being able to do a damn thing about it. :pissedoff:
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Not as valid a complaint as hers but still...

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE MY WRITING SO MUCH THAT THEY DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO REVIEW IT?!
XIV
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I don't have time to read long posts. I'm on here for perhaps 15 minutes twice a day lately. :( It may be the same with most of everyone else. Personally, I have scripts and written compositions up the wazoo, and I never let anyone read them because they don't ask. Like I always say, "They'll read it on their own time or not at all."

I do sympathize with you vrikasatma. I can't go ANYWHERE in New Mexico without seeing at least one person do something stupid on the road near me while I'm getting from A to B. Whether it's the ten mile drive to my college, or a short drive to the Giant conveinance store, something HAS to happen. It's like New Mexico is competeing with New Jersey for the worst driver award. I'm suprised my car has only been hit three times by other drivers since I moved here.
:|
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Dreamer wrote:Not as valid a complaint as hers but still...

WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE MY WRITING SO MUCH THAT THEY DON'T EVEN BOTHER TO REVIEW IT?!
I get ignored all the time. It's part of writing things on messageboards, my friend. No matter how well known, people on here still get looked over (One of the moderators put up a post and nobody would look at it and he wasn't too happy. And he was a moderator! :P ). It's not that we don't like your writing. We might just not have come across it, or maybe we haven't had the time or inspiration to read a long post. Often I will tag a story and come back to it weeks later.

Some of us also hate reading stuff online but can't be bothered printing it. This would be the category I fit in. I hate reading off a screen. I can't be bothered wasting paper and time either. So I come back when I feel like it.

We all know how you feel, but I hope I've reassured you that it's not because we hate your writing! It's how a messageboard works! :D Perhaps by ranting, you will get extra publicity. I'm on my way to read it now. If I can find it. :wink: Simply because like Kaebora I'm not on often, (Although I leave the computer logged on while others use it, and it looks like I'm here, I'm not, so I'm not ignoring anybody) and today I finally have time to be slack and eat my cookies and do something other than work and go to Uni!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KIRKS BIG RANT!!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said to Dreamer on the story page, I am going to put this on the rant.

I spent ten minutes sitting next to two immature little girls who frankly did not belong at University or any college, as they had obviously just come from highschool the year before and were engaged in some sort of popularity contest where the game was bashing others verbally.

I am sitting there patiently waiting for group members for a group assignment. I've been at the Uni for several years now and I can see a first year a mile away (I think America calls them Freshmen). If the first year is an adult/mature age entry (Which is very common too) it's more difficult to tell...but when they are 17-18 and just fresh from highschool, you can definately tell. They hang in groups and are constantly rude to others. They often grow up in about half a year. Well, we hope.

Anyhow, a girl was saying ciao to her friend. ("Chow") One of the girls, not very attractive but sitting there with her huge, horrible fashion glasses (-shudder-) and awful trendy clothing, trying to look attractive, popular and rich (As they all do in highschool and into their mid 20s these days) says to her equally trendy friend "Oh...who the {censored} says "Chow"? Like, I mean, like, in SMS and all, like, MSN, but like out loud?"

Friend: "It sounds like so gay"

Me, being in a rather horrible mood (Hormones and not wanting to be at Uni doing a group assignment), glared (Who the hell cares if the girl uses Italian words?), but didn't exactly let them see me. I also thought it was as amusing as it was annoying. It got more amusing as they talked about others in degrading ways, when they were fairly ugly themselves and honestly had no self respect. Finally they left, leaving me with a big fat smirk on my face. Yes, I'm being a hypocrite, insulting their clothing and their trend following, but I don't care. :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

lupine wrote:We have been to court today to try and gain consent to take my stepson to live in Australia. His natural father, although a little arsey has agreed but then cut all communication. So, the court day arrives and we attend, only to find that my lads real dad has decided not to attend but has written a letter apologising but giving his consent. All well and good you may say.. He then goes on to add a couple of paragraphs on how he has been kept in the dark and rushed into it!!! The Judge says he wants to grant consent but is reluctant to cos the letter is a bit sad!!!
Lupine, that's awful! I hope this will end the best way for the boy.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

vrikasatma- Geesh, if that happened to me, I'd find that guy and give him a good reason to have a handicapped plate :evil:

Sorry to hear about that Lupine :(

OK, my own lil' rant. I'll keep it short.
A few weeks ago or so, I was taking a nap on one of my days off, and got a phone call. It was one of the new workers over at my job. She asked me to come in and work for her shift, because, 'her friend just committed suicide and she couldnt concentrate on anything'. Feeling bad for her, I agreed, and came to work about 20 mins later. She left when I got their; and I stayed for her 8 hour shift.
A few days later, I found out that another coworker saw her go to the gas station after she left that day. She and her friend that worked their where talking. No big deal. About a week after that, I found out from the same coworker, that she didnt even know the guy who killed himself. :x
That really is a sick way to get off work...pretending to mourn for someone who died...
Glad she ended up getting fired(she would always come in late and wouldnt come in at all because she 'didnt feel like it)
:x
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

Silverclaw wrote: OK, my own lil' rant. I'll keep it short.
A few weeks ago or so, I was taking a nap on one of my days off, and got a phone call. It was one of the new workers over at my job. She asked me to come in and work for her shift, because, 'her friend just committed suicide and she couldnt concentrate on anything'. Feeling bad for her, I agreed, and came to work about 20 mins later. She left when I got their; and I stayed for her 8 hour shift.
A few days later, I found out that another coworker saw her go to the gas station after she left that day. She and her friend that worked their where talking. No big deal. About a week after that, I found out from the same coworker, that she didnt even know the guy who killed himself. :x
That really is a sick way to get off work...pretending to mourn for someone who died...
Glad she ended up getting fired(she would always come in late and wouldnt come in at all because she 'didnt feel like it)
:x
dang! that pisses me off to hear that, silverclaw! wow! how could somebody do that?
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Not as valid a complaint as hers but still...

I get ignored all the time. It's part of writing things on messageboards, my friend. No matter how well known, people on here still get looked over (One of the moderators put up a post and nobody would look at it and he wasn't too happy. And he was a moderator! :P ). It's not that we don't like your writing. We might just not have come across it, or maybe we haven't had the time or inspiration to read a long post. Often I will tag a story and come back to it weeks later.

Some of us also hate reading stuff online but can't be bothered printing it. This would be the category I fit in. I hate reading off a screen. I can't be bothered wasting paper and time either. So I come back when I feel like it.

We all know how you feel, but I hope I've reassured you that it's not because we hate your writing! It's how a messageboard works! :D Perhaps by ranting, you will get extra publicity. I'm on my way to read it now. If I can find it. :wink: Simply because like Kaebora I'm not on often, (Although I leave the computer logged on while others use it, and it looks like I'm here, I'm not, so I'm not ignoring anybody) and today I finally have time to be slack and eat my cookies and do something other than work and go to Uni!!!
Well, It still does annoy me that even though people read my topics, they don't even bother to post in them.
Here is a list of some of my topics that have been looked over, just for reference if you want to check them out:
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=5056
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=5145
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=5131
http://www.thepack.network/thepackboard ... php?t=5159
XIV
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Some people look and go "Eh Ill tag and read another day" 8) That'd be why ;)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Terrible night last night..Since the weather warmed up bugs have appeared back in our house..I saw two water bugs in my room last night an after killing the very first water bug with a broom I took it into the bathroom to lush em then I looked over an saw a huge spider sitting in our bath tub an it's couldn't get out at all cause all tubs are real slick as u know..I couldn't sleep at all last night an I have to babysit today right now actually all the way to 5pm..

I had been trying to ask my sister this weekend about babysitting, but she totally avoided me all weekend..When I mentioned it this morn she took my head off :( I need the money for the babysitting but for one I dun think I get enough anyways for all this, but I need the funds so I dun wanna just stop..So anyways I'm sitting here my eyes closing on me..I can't do it..I'm so tired an stressed right now..I wanna just cry.. :(
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Argh!

Didn't sell anything at Market last weekend. Not only that, my next-booth neighbour brought her idiotic, temperamental, pre-verbal toddler. The kid DID NOT want to be there, so when she wasn't caterwhauling she was standing in the middle of the sidewalk, staring at whatever caught her eye. She got underfoot when we were breaking down which made taking the booth apart and carrying everything to the car trickier.

Normally it takes me a half-hour to break down and load up but because of the damn cub we were out there breaking down for an hour — in the driving rain! I got drenched! I felt like saying to the kid, "Shut up, or I'll really give you something to squawk about!"

Then I get home, nothing's defrosted, so I had to settle for cereal for dinner, after getting drenched and sitting in a cold market booth all day! Feh! :roll:

Then yesterday, I was reading through the USEF rulebook so I can figure out which classes Tagie will qualify for in the A-circuit and the Nationals, and I find out he'll be too old for Dressage Suitability when we go to Dallas in 2009! That takes about five classes out of his roster and he won't be able to win the High Point on fourteen classes, even if he sweeps them! :(
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Or maybe the aliens will bring guns that only kill jack asses. Wow, the number of politicians will certainly be near zero. :lol:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:Terrible night last night..Since the weather warmed up bugs have appeared back in our house..I saw two water bugs in my room last night an after killing the very first water bug with a broom I took it into the bathroom to lush em then I looked over an saw a huge spider sitting in our bath tub an it's couldn't get out at all cause all tubs are real slick as u know..I couldn't sleep at all last night an I have to babysit today right now actually all the way to 5pm..

I had been trying to ask my sister this weekend about babysitting, but she totally avoided me all weekend..When I mentioned it this morn she took my head off :( I need the money for the babysitting but for one I dun think I get enough anyways for all this, but I need the funds so I dun wanna just stop..So anyways I'm sitting here my eyes closing on me..I can't do it..I'm so tired an stressed right now..I wanna just cry.. :(
chin up. :)

I'm with you on the spider thing. I am a (nearly) 36 year old man, and am terrified of them. especially those big muscley arnold spidernegger ones with BIG gnashey teeth. EEEeeUurghh!!!!

I cant't kill the buggers tho, I have to cover them with a glass and trap them with paper underneath. I can throw them outside that way.

It's quite a good way of facing up to'em too. cos you can check them out real close and your safe. :)
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

:x :x :x :x :x

My brother stole my beer!

I left two beers in the fridge and without asking (I'd have let him have it) he just went in there and stole my bloody beer! It's so un-Australian :x to steal off someone else. Sickening.

Then, the idiot turned it onto me; apparently I stole his cougars. How childish does one get? Not only did he and his mates steal that carton from somebody at a party, but he accused me of stealing his stolen goods, just so he could justify stealing my beer so I can't get them back.

Now I'd have let the beers go if he'd not accused me of such a treacherous act. He proceeded to call me an alcoholic and lazy because I don't earn what he does.

Lazy? :lol:

I work two jobs, and I go to University full time, and I get plenty of assignments to do. I am also in a working band, and practice guitar every day.

Lazy? I don't sit down for longer than an hour doing nothing some days. I also do quite a bit of house work.

Lazy? He sits on his butt almost all day. He watches movies, socialises all the time (I believe he called me lazy also because I prefer to have friends over here than to go out clubbing. I despise clubs and their bad music and horrible fashions. I'm not that sort of girl. I like to be at home.) and plays video games. If he's not out, he's at home complaining about what my mother or I have cooked for him.

I just don't know what to do with him. I just don't.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Let him cook for himself the idle sod! Oh...and get yourself a minifridge for your room :D :beerwolf:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

lupine wrote:Let him cook for himself the idle sod! Oh...and get yourself a minifridge for your room :D :beerwolf:

:( There's one upstairs in the bar but I can't fit it in my room. And the idiot can't boil a pot of water. He goes out most nights anyway.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
lupine wrote:Let him cook for himself the idle sod!
And the idiot can't boil a pot of water. He goes out most nights anyway.
High time he learned then. How's he going to cope when he goes flatting?
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Midnight wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:
lupine wrote:Let him cook for himself the idle sod!
And the idiot can't boil a pot of water. He goes out most nights anyway.
High time he learned then. How's he going to cope when he goes flatting?
-Falls to the floor laughing-

First point of laughter: Him, moving out
Second point of laughter: Being able to afford to move anywhere in this country. At the moment we are paying rent to be able to live here, that is only fair.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is however, high time he did grow up. I cook my own dinner every single night because I don't eat meat. I also cook for them sometimes. The fact my mother still has to cook for him as atrocious.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS and Censorship, ARSE!!!

Too many do gooders.

Christ, if things carry on, butchers will get shut down because vegetarians find them offensive!!!(no offence meant Kirk, just a generalisation)

I'll probably get PM'd for offending christians now bacause I've just used the beardy mans name 'in vain'

ARGGGGHH!!! :x

Why can't people just lighten up and have a bit of fun?

end :|

Hunt Song
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Hunt Song »

I agree with you Lupine. Sometimes people just take theirselves way to seriously. No offense meant to anyone, but I've run across alot of christians who will jump on you for the smallest of things. But, then again so will everyone else. I constantly get jumped on because I'm not like everyone else. Or so they say. I say they're boring.

Okay, that ended up being a small rant.

And another thing why is it that I never get any time to be online and when I get the time my computer crashes? I hate computers sometimes.

Incase you all have forgotten me just ignore my little bit here.
Compassion is the radicalism of our time.
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

Hunt Song wrote:I agree with you Lupine. Sometimes people just take theirselves way to seriously. No offense meant to anyone, but I've run across alot of christians who will jump on you for the smallest of things. But, then again so will everyone else. I constantly get jumped on because I'm not like everyone else. Or so they say. I say they're boring.

Incase you all have forgotten me just ignore my little bit here.
that seems to be some peoples missions to contradict peoplen everything
Don't believe we've met, so, hi I'm DarkShadow :)
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

lupine wrote:POLITICAL CORRECTNESS and Censorship, ARSE!!!
You know, censorship is hilarious mainly because of swearing and nudity. Nudity is natural and preexisting and the concept of a word that is inherently bad is f*** ing ridiculous.

Political correctness is funny because it attempts to dispel labels by... applying new labels. Labels that might not even fit. Like African American. Not all black people come from Africa. Native Australians, for example.

Most definitely arse.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

lupine wrote:POLITICAL CORRECTNESS and Censorship, ARSE!!!

Too many do gooders.

Christ, if things carry on, butchers will get shut down because vegetarians find them offensive!!!(no offence meant Kirk, just a generalisation)

I'll probably get PM'd for offending christians now bacause I've just used the beardy mans name 'in vain'

ARGGGGHH!!! :x

Why can't people just lighten up and have a bit of fun?

end :|
Its okay, I don't like preaching to people anyway. I keep to myself. I was attacked by some vegetarians once when I still ate meat. When I became one I decided never to attack others. It's not my way, anyway.

And I'm not always a do-gooder...too much booze and its not like I've never touched weed before. And oh, good grief, I listen to 'devil's music' oh woe! Sheesh! How can you call what I listen to devil's music?! Most of it is about a better world or just having fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioning religion, I had some people come to my door...how they didn't comment on my Iron maiden shirt with its dead Eddie on a throne with violent snarling hounds by his side I don't know...and they were preaching about today's violence. My parents slam the door in their faces, but I am just too nice. Silly of me. They are quite rude and frankly I don't give a rats bottom if they can't respect other people. They keep trying to bring people to their views yet will not listen to ours.

So next time they come, I will pick up my guitar, wear the scariest shirt I have, and see what happens.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

YAY!! Stick it to 'em Kirk!! :lol:

I know what you mean with the religious preaching tho. I'm the same, I can't just close the door on 'em. What I usually do is make it perfectly clear to them that I am a 'devout' (:lol:) atheist. But if they would like to stand and argue the toss, I'd happily spare them half an hour!! :lol:
One Jehovahs Witness guy actually shook my hand and thanked me for giving him the time and for putting up such a good arguement!! 8)

Like I said, I only used vegetarians as an example.
I'm Just fed up with being dictated to, over what I can do or say or show. I am a resposible adult with a family, who is pretty good at censoring myself, thankyou very much.