How long have you been a werewolf fan?

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Eighteen years!

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Mine started--oh, bloody heck, EXACTLY eighteen years ago tonight! It was May 4, 1987 (OK, this post shows 5/5 GMT, but I posted this around 10pm 5/4 local time), and the network premiere of Teen Wolf inspired my own daydream about werewolves. The rest is history...

happy 18th wolfieversary :D
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Eighteen years!

Post by Howling Fan »

Figarou wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:Mine started--oh, bloody heck, EXACTLY eighteen years ago tonight! It was May 4, 1987 (OK, this post shows 5/5 GMT, but I posted this around 10pm 5/4 local time), and the network premiere of Teen Wolf inspired my own daydream about werewolves. The rest is history...
Your werewolf anniversary happens to be my birthday (May 4, 1977). Yep, I'm an old wolf. Would that be 196 werewolf years (28 x 7)?
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Not sure when, or why, but i gradually just got drawn into liking Werewolves. ^_^

After starting to like Wolves and anything related to them.

Yeah, vague and nebulous answer, as my memory is bad. :lol:
Akugarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Something wicked
Mood: Meh...

Post by Akugarou »

I was bitten many full moons ago. It was on an acreage outside of Manchester, NH. Houses were pretty far apart, so my brother and I had to entertain each other, and when we got bored with that we turned to TV.

A local UHF station would run old Abbott & Costello movies on Sundays in the early afternoon. It was one of these fateful Sundays when they showed "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)." Not only was the title creature there, but Dracula and the Wolf Man were featured as well (it was like a precurser to Van Helsing, only they were going for laughs). Of all of these fantastic creatures, it was only the Wolf Man that I felt any connection with.

That was 1972. Werewolf movies would come and go, and I regarded most with a fair amount of interest. Now fast forward to 1981. When I first saw trailers for The Howling, I was beside myself with excitement. I couldn't wait to see the on screen transformations. Transformations no previous WW movie (in my experience) had been able to do before. This one movie solidified my love for werewolves to this day.

I've carried the burden of finding the feeling I got when I saw The Howling for the first time, in other werewolf movies that followed through the years (and yes, AWIL was a close second). I've read some WW fiction to keep the fire alive in the interim, and even invented a imaginary werewolf that would rip the crap out of some a** that has pissed me off. Even so, things were looking pretty grim for a rabid WW fan.

Fast forward again to just a couple of years ago. Thanks to technology, and the internet, I can get all the lycanthropy I can handle. Today, I'm very glad that I've become part of this community. The werewolf in me has calmed down somewhat, mostly thanks to talking about werewolves (in this forum), and dealing with him in ways I never thought of before.
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

wow, that's a tough one.... a very long time ago - not as long as some, but then I'm not as old as some ^_~. I was always interested in transformations, which didn't take long to snag my interests in werewolves, especially because wolves quickly became my favorite animal - even replacing really young childhood interests in dragons and unicorns. I can't really put an age to it... 5-9 sometime? I dunno :3
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

fullmoonfury wrote:When I first saw trailers for The Howling, I was beside myself with excitement.

I like to know your reaction when you see the trailer for Freeborn. :D
JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

I dispised werewolves when I was three years old. The fasination, however has been since then. I kind of had a hate-like think when I started my first book. Then, after my fifth, I really liked it. It grew on me and I think I want to make a prequel just because. JB, is cool to me...though he is a womanizer.... :x
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Stange how sometimes we have sharp aversions to things and then develop an interest. It's as though we are trying to avoid things that call to us.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Stange how sometimes we have sharp aversions to things and then develop an interest. It's as though we are trying to avoid things that call to us.
Heh, I'm trying to avoid the chocolate cake thats calling me!!!

lck
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I'm trying to avoid the chocolate caramels that are staring at me...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote:I'm trying to avoid the chocolate caramels that are staring at me...

To late!!

Mmmmm chocolate cake!!! lck
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Most of the time poeple resist thuings that they would like, either consciously or subconsiously; it's not really al lthat uncommon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadowblaze wrote:Most of the time poeple resist thuings that they would like, either consciously or subconsiously; it's not really al lthat uncommon.
true...but its kind of odd liking something that scared you as a kid.

maybe thats a way of overcoming the fear.
LoboLEO
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Luna's pet

Post by LoboLEO »

I can't quite remember... but my love with the werecreature theme came first than werewolf when I start to recall... I saw manimal when I was a child and I was shcoked...and then I think it was not to long till I saw Awil on the tv for the first time I got stare and jaw open...then later I saw M.Jackson video ..Thriller... and all that when I was 8 years old or something I belive.

I used to draw of everything at that time but thanks to those inspirations... later saw The Howling (still my favorite ww movie so far)...I started with werewolves ... I had 12 years old when I did my first ww comic ....15 years since >_< :howl:  :oo

I'm a fan of the subject and I feel glad be able to have my hands to keep showing some of my thoughts through the drawing...that sall I can say to end ^^
My werewolf-girl comic Online:
http://www.alphaluna.net/

My werewolf Art.
http://www.loboleo.com
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

LoboLEO wrote:
I'm a fan of the subject and I feel glad be able to have my hands to keep showing some of my thoughts through the drawing...that sall I can say to end ^^

There are times I wish I knew how to draw. I'd be doing the same thing like you. I'll also be drawing a lot of funny things at the same time. Its good to make people laugh. :D
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Lessee.... I've had an interest in Werewolves, since, well, almost forever. As soon as I learned what the legend was, I was fascinated. Started checking out books, watching the black and white movies, started writing a little fiction and drawing a little as a teen but even today I'm still an amature.

Oh well, that's everything in a nutshell, I'd write more but I'm in a hurry. *DARN YOU REAL LIFE! I STAB AT THEE!*
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Hmmm.... I belive I started liking werewolfs three years ago and the wee age of 12 (I'm 15 going on 16 very soon). I think I was watching this T.V show on the Discovery Chan that was about a wolf pack they have been following around for four years. Watching them grow and live and that made me into wolves. I went on my computer to look up wolves and after a while, I found an certain artist (Goldnewolf's) site with these wonderful werewolf works. Then I found Kyoht, Sidian, Blaqriot, Synnabar and many others. That is when I found out, "The Computer Rules!"....Sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol: .
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Lobo: Your such a great artist! I like your art, and when I get some time I'll be sure to read your comic! :D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Since 1993, more than 50% of my lifetime thus far. :D

Anyone remember the TV show Mighty Max? Well, the episode entitled "Werewolves of Dunneglen" was the first time I saw werewolves as the good guys.
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

I've been a fan of werewolves since, oh, 1982 when I saw "The Howling" for the first time. Fantasized about them off and on, and then REALLY got into them my senior year of high school. Been a rabid fangirl ever since :)
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Its really strange. When I was younger, I used to terrified of people turning into animals; books, tv shows, movies, ect. That movie, The Witches really scared me(kids turning into mice) Used to get freaked out at the thought of changing into an animal. But know I love transformation stuff, and especially werewolves. Heck, I'd like to be a werewolf now :D Weird how things turn out :D
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

I have been a werewolf fan sence I was 6
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Not sure, to tell you the truth :D When I was younger I started to draw a lot of 'monstrous animal-people' (much to my Mum's disdain, hehe), I guess I have a soft spot for them. Also the whole transformation process intrigued me, made me wonder what the werewolf would look like, act like - would it retain human intelligence, etc.

That, and Animorphs :lol:
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Ah, I remember Animorphs!!! I was obsessed with that series in middle school and some of high school :D Got the first 18 or so books on me bookshelf right now :) My mom always made fun of me for getting them;(obviously not a tf fan) Then I started checking them out of the libary instead of buying them. Still need to finish the last 10 or so books...
Very good books; they made a crappy tv series from it years ago. That was cancled soon after it started.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Terastas wrote:Anyone remember the TV show Mighty Max? Well, the episode entitled "Werewolves of Dunneglen" was the first time I saw werewolves as the good guys.
I remember the show but not that episode.