The place for anything at all...
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Ilfracombe Wolfman

Post by lupine »

Check this out.. (Ignore the headline, its from one of the sensationalist tabloid newspapers over here)

A nice story, and I'm sure you'll agree, a pretty Top Bloke!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007210216,00.html

Respect:howl: :oo
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wulfur »

Very intresting. One of the things taht caught my attention was
He was often bitten by his wolf family but discovered that their licks healed his wounds faster than with medical treatment.
Is that statement true?
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Yeah, I believe so. it's apparently the same with dog licks. The saliva contains bacteria or antibodies that aid healing, also the licking is in itself, a cleansing motion. Hence the old saying 'going away to lick his wounds'
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

He had a tv show on not too long ago that we were discussing in General Film and TV Shows. Heres the link:

http://www.thepacksden.com/thepackboard ... php?t=5170

In the thread theres a link to watch some clips of him howling and growling and also to read more about him.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Note the eyebrows. If he were any more real a lycanthrope, he'd actually shift. I bet you he's a therian at heart, even if he doesn't call himself that or blog on MySpace about it. He doesn't have to; he makes us look like wanna-bes. Kudos, and...

Awrooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!

I mean that in the friendly way, not the territorial sense. I'll let you have the heart and liver.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Scott Gardener wrote:Note the eyebrows. If he were any more real a lycanthrope, he'd actually shift. I bet you he's a therian at heart, even if he doesn't call himself that or blog on MySpace about it. He doesn't have to; he makes us look like wanna-bes. Kudos, and...

Awrooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!

I mean that in the friendly way, not the territorial sense. I'll let you have the heart and liver.
If he's not what they call a therian, then I dont believe they exsisit! :lol: Note the pointed teeth too. Though, he has a serious lack of snout...more like a werepug. :lol: Im just kidding. I think the guy is great!
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

He is doing a great thing with these wolves. I saw his documentary a few weeks ago and I was just amazed with what he has done with these wolves. Gotta give the guy credit for his wonderful work :D
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

Interesting story. I was expecting another stupid "I was raised by wolves" story, but it's nice to see someone trying to get close to wolves on their terms for once.

What jumped out at me was the small bit where the article suggests that Canada is not part of North America. <.<
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

In contrast to most people here, I do not like this guy or what he is doing. Some of my reasons are stated in that other thread.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i dun get it. but, kudos to him for doing what he wants.

and ya. definately therian
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Scott Gardener wrote:Note the eyebrows. If he were any more real a lycanthrope, he'd actually shift. I bet you he's a therian at heart, even if he doesn't call himself that or blog on MySpace about it. He doesn't have to; he makes us look like wanna-bes. Kudos, and...

Awrooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!

That's crazy that you say that Scott!! haha I was talkin to Pariah about him, being a therian at heart, I mean look at the guy!!! I'd go far as to say he's closer to wolves than Jim an Jamie Dutcher an they lived with wolves too, but they lived in a hut type of house*should bring the dvd to a-kon) I really respected them for what they did!! I actually have one of the first articles about Shaun Ellis that I saved from a magazine I found an I recently bought a book all about Shaun an his wolves. Nice size book, haven't started reading in it just yet though, but I have much respect for this guy :howl:  :oo
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

I like him because hes living the dream every therian really wants. However, I dont recommend that anybody ever do that again. And him trying to join a wild wolf pack is just a bad idea. We dont need wolves thinking humans are OK. Thats why they wander into town and get shot. :(
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

What he demonstrates there is something that goes beyond 'training' pets, etc. Most creatures are able to communicate with you if you take the time to learn their language, to include body language. The same could be said for those that try to live with dolphins, sharks, big cats, or other creatures, although most who do, do so as an observer, and don't try to actively become a member of that social organization.

What is really wild is what the Wolfman demonstrates - what it would take to create an environment of cross-species communication (and who knows, maybe cooperation). Yes, what I'm speaking may take ten or a hundred years, but you never know until you try, and in the Wolfman's case, he found a pack willing to listen.

A second example may be when a large female cat adopts and attempts to raise what would normally be it's prey. I've run into articles about that all of twice that I can recall.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

The whole documentary is on Youtube....I'll link to the other thread for this.......
http://www.thepacksden.com/thepackboard ... 569#156569 :)

Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.