What if... (a werewolf was arrested)

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

What if... (a werewolf was arrested)

Post by Kelpten »

Here's a posible senario. What if a werewolf was arrested and convicted of a crime (doesn't really matter which) and ended up in prison without revealing what he was? From what I've heard there's almost no privacy in a prison, so what would he do when the next full moon rolled around. Just thought it would be fun to bring this up.
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Sounds like the plot to Werewolf in a Woman's Prison.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

?? Never heard of it. What is it? A movie or a book or what?
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

It's a movie (a direct to DVD movie). The thread for it can be found here-http://www.thepacksden.com/thepackboard ... php?t=2816
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

What about all those full moons while waiting for trial? Seems that either innocent or guilty, said WW would make tracks and just plain disappear. Dogs wouldn't chase one, and by the time the WW returned to Human form, he/she could easily be in a different county or different state.
Now, if said WW wanted to wind up in Prison... that's a different story all together...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

ok. well, let's let this topic float to the bottom then. Sorry!
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Kelpten wrote:ok. well, let's let this topic float to the bottom then. Sorry!
There have been a lot of books and such on this. There was even another one where in Ginger Snaps two, she was sent to drug rehab because she was using a drug to stop herself shifting. Great film. They locked her in and she was healing too quickly, had to cut her ear because it was sharp, etc.

I myself have always found it interesting. What if that happened? I mean seriously, would they shoot you, study you, or would you go to any great length to hide it? It'd be extremely frustrating.

Next, would you be able to break out in werewolf form? Could you kill the police? Could you break the wall or door down, or withstand bullets?

Did you commit the crime in the first place? It'd be a great story for a lot of emotion and thinking and a scary viciousness to it all I think...it could take the turn of a werewolf in prison killing off the prisoners...make for a great horror film. A sinister sort of atmosphere.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I think this is one of those worst case scenarios that every pack thinks of and plans for should it ever happen. If it was a veteran werewolf, they could control their shifting, but for a newcomer that doesn't know how to control it, I can think of only three possibilities:

1) Break out and/or make bail.

If a werewolf was awaiting trial, the pack could try to make bail so that they can try to teach the werewolf on trial how to control the shifting process before sentencing. If they couldn't make bail or the werewolf was already in jail, they'd have to break him out and get him to a safe place. If you accept that werewolves can shift to a full wolf form, that safe place could be just about anywhere.

2) Solitary confinement.

Solitary confinement wouldn't guarantee absolute privacy, but it would mean they wouldn't have someone looking at them 24/7. You can get placed on solitary either for your protection or to protect others from you, so there are a number of ways a werewolf could get placed in solitary confinement. It wouldn't be 100% privacy, but there should be some place on the floor where he should be able to not be seen shifting. It'd be a risk, but not as much as assuming everyone on the main level will miss it.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

(Insert prison b**** joke here)
:lol:
XIV
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

Even better-
Play Rob Zombie`s fake "Werewolf Women of the SS" trailer!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Zombie
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

LOL.

[/i]
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

o snap silver actully posted! break out the cheese snacks!!!
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

ok i had just went on the website about the movie werewolf in a womans prison and i have a question? why did they have to make the wereowlf soooooooooo ugly and fake? i mean they couldn't had add a few computer work in it to make it look a little realistics.
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

What if the werewolf was so bored, prison guards would find his cell to be full of claw marks all over the walls?
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

kitetsu wrote:What if the werewolf was so bored, prison guards would find his cell to be full of claw marks all over the walls?
I think if a werewolf was so thoughtless that he would do something that would risk exposing himself purely out of boredom that the rest of the pack would have taken care of him in their own way before he could be arrested in the first place.

Unless, of course, he was gradually trying to claw his way through the wall, in which case, by the time he was finished, it wouldn't look like it was done with claws. Unless he'd only been in there for a day, if a prison guard came back on the morning shift and saw a hole in the wall, he'd probably think "how long was he working on this?" before "what did this?"
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

That's not a bad theory, though i was actually asking that using the example of an extremely eccentric werewolf.

Like, the prison guards would be all s*** their pants and the werewolf would go all poker-faced and hum, "Give me something to read. I can't stand the thought of hanging myself from boredom."

I admit i can't ignore the chance of a werewolf being incarcerated by its kind before humans can, but i also can't ignore the complete opposite too. :)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Well, unless you're in solitary confinement, they are obligated by law to let you out to move about from time to time.

Again though, if a werewolf was that careless, the pack would have come after him before the police could.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

I can see it now: Taking the "Picture" (the one with all the numbers on your chest): "Dammit! Will you stop Shifting every time I try to snap the shutter? You're coming out blurred!"
Or the "Cavity Search"? "Like HELL I'm sticking my hand anywhere near him...glove or no glove!"

Then there is the size difference: Handcuffed in Fur, reverse to Smooth, remove the Cuffs; then Fuzz up again. Hand the nice policeman their handcuffs and jump over the wall and scoot.

Seriously, though: I suspect that getting arrested is right up there in possibility with Earth getting hit by a comet. Were's would be law-abiding as camouflage, and if arrested would probably have an attorney at the cop-shop before the police got there with their prisoner. Jail is not an option for a Werewolf-unless they're OUT, and then they'd be just like everyone else.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've personally thought of this idea myself -- and I hadn't known about any previous movies or books made about it. But you definitely have to admit, it is a great idea.

The only movie I have scene that may remotely fit the idea is "The Beast Must Die." This movie is about a Millionaire who tricks out his mansion with tracking devices and invites over several guests. He suspects that any of these guests could be a werewolf, so he traps them all on his property and waits for fullmoon for one of them to transform.

I've also been toying around with a story idea about werewolves as of late. The begining of te story starts out with the main character breaking out a recently-convicted werewolf from jail.

As Terestas explained, the most common scenario would be to break a werewolf out to keep the secret, or control the shifting. I would like to add one more detail: I like to imagine werewolves as being loyal and dedicated to their secret to their life -- without this loyalty, it wouldn't be able to stay such a secret -- and if a werewolf were jailed with no hope of escape or controlling the shift, death would be the answer.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

I've thought of this because it's such a cool idea, even though it's been used a lot. You know after all these centuries it's bound to have happened once or twice. I've wracked my brain trying to come up with something that doesn't seem
silly
trite
too preposterous to work in the story
taking too much of a chance to be discovered.

I'm still thinking...
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I would think said werewolf's pack would pay the bail before anything happens. But, if they did something really bad, that had no bail, or it was a ww without a pack, they'd have to try their best to not shift. That would be extremely difficult around full-moon time though. They may end up with some partial shifting, unless they were really experienced with it. Good thing that should only happen at night. Not sure how dark it is in a prison cell when everyone's asleep...they could hide anything by maybe hiding under a blanket and pretending to sleep.
I think if it was a long-term thing, they would escape. When in the bathroom, or outside, they could try to be alone, and shift. If they don't want to be caught seen in gestalt form, they could go to full-wolf form, pretend to be some sortof dog around the guards. Animal control would pick them up and they could escape easily by shifting back to human form while alone in the kennel. What to do about clothing afterwards would be a different story... :thpt2:
Kelpten
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kelpten »

Ha! That would be a good plan. Unless they knew he was a werewolf. Or if the guards just shot him instead of calling animal control.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Thats why they must give up any shred of dignity they have and act all doggy cute :wink: Ex: wagging tail, panting, roll on back, whine....lol

and if they some how know their a ww, hell, just turn into gestalt form and eat them :wink:
Fyriewolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fyriewolf »

i :howl:  :oo to that if they ww is ever bored during the full moon then just make some noise and when the guards come eat them or play with them :lol:
Am I willing to risk failure in order to succeed? The answer is always YES!!!
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Werewolves just dont get caught. :evil:

With superhuman power, strength and speed would you? 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend