Leaving Soon

The place for anything at all...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Leaving Soon

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Looks like my time here is done. Not that I contributed very much. But anyhow, it was fun for the most part.

I will be leaving soon, probably within a few weeks.

I can't garuntee I will be back, nor can I garuntee that I won't be back. I should be checking back for movie updates. I just doubt I will post much.

If something interests me I will return but for the most part I am too busy and about to head into a full week of detoxing from alcohol and stuff. It's a personal detox, and I will be spending the entire week both studying for Uni, playing with my band and preparing to teach at the music school as well as winter cleaning the household and the like and being outdoors with my dog and good friends and family and plants. Good news is, once I have my third job, I will be earning a LOT of money! :)

I will be on Deviant Art, inactive but hanging there. I might even be around here a little. But it won't be often. After exams, I want to focus whole heartedly on my band and on getting our songs fully recorded.

Those of you who will miss me, I will remain on email of course; I doubt that is many of you, for I didn't get to know many of you, perhaps a few; the rest of you hardly at all.

I'm sorry I've been weird and unbearable in the past weeks; but that was for the same reason I slipped into alcohol. No hard feelings eh? So I'd hope.

Lupine drew me a going away gift. I will post it here if he says I can, I will ask him first. :D

I want to be a part of this film, however minimal and still offer my services to put posters up around.

I also wish White Paw good luck as he also announced his leaving on pointless talking. :D
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

:o .........Wat? You can't Leave!!! White Paw is leaving too?! Geez I've missed so much..My brain hurts.. :P Geeez Kirk, what's this about folks not missing you? Fig needs to peg you with 100 duckies or so for that!! :Jester3: Hell but it's good you got some promising things going on in your life it would seem? lol Well just take care of yourself k? I'll personally miss ya as I'm sure plenty others will..Hope to see you around at all..Take Care friend :mourn:
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:o I'm going to miss you very much Kirk. :( it's been fun talking to you about Guitars and stuff, but I'm very happy to hear that life is turning out better for you. :) I do hope you come back for visits, since I really like talking to you. :)

you will not be forgetten by me Kirk, and the best of luck to you! :D :D :howl:  :oo
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Eh?? What caused this???
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Hopefully the next time you do post here (and trust me, sooner or later you will) will be on much brighter terms. Best of wishes to you Kirk. :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Aww, I wasnt expecting for you to leave already. Im glad everything is working out for you. Just dont delete your account, because you can come in here when ever you feel like it.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Awww, your leaving? :( :( :(
I hope you'll be able to hang around and post more than what you think you will now.
Hope to still see you around!
:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

:( Well, you know I'm gonna miss you. I think you'll be surprised at how many people will around here. You are a BIG contributer to these boards and we will all be the worse for your absence.
The pic is yours to do with as you please. If you wanna post it I would be honoured. And again, good luck in whatever you do, see you around :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo

Bottoms up mate :beerwolf:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Well, damn. That sucks. Hope you're able to come back eventually.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

If you gotta go you gotta go but...

You are a valued member of the pack, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise, even yourself.
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

Gee Kirk, I'm gonna miss ya lots :(
But I'm glad that your life is going good for you. :) Good luck to you, and please do come back to visit us. You won't be forgotten :mourn:
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

i'll definitely miss ya, kirk. i really enjoyed all the conversations i had with ya.
and good luck. it sounds like lots will be going on in your future, and i hope it turns out freakin awesome for ya.
so yeah. see ya laters, i hope?
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Ah man, i'm gonna miss ya. :(
Hopefully, when you get free time, you can come by and visit us. You will definitely be missed! Just remember not to get over stressed and to take breaks now and than from your busy schedule.
Good luck with everything and I hope to see ya soon.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

well if you must go....which is a time that must come for us all.... I want to give you a toast to the good times, and the bad.....the laughter and the tears.....thank you for the memories
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

In my opinoin, are no goodbyes here. There is no permanent absences. There is only periods of hiatus. So many people annouce they are leaving, but they come back half the time. Rather than say you're going away, merely, "I'm going away for awhile. Don't know when I'll be back." Sounds better that way don'tcha think?

Once a Pack member, always a Pack member. I know I'll see you around again. I'm not worried, but I'll miss ya.

You're still going to A-Kon, right?
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Thanks for your concerns (And yeah a toast to you all). I will still see most of you on Deviant Art, though I will be fairly inactive too. :D

I won't be missing you guys because I will still see you occasionally! Ive spoken to a few of you in PM already.

As I did mention above, I should be lurking. Just not actively posting. And might be absent for weeks at a time. I might not see fit to post at all, which is why I said I am leaving. If you consider me a pack contributor, well, maybe I was before but there's nothing at all left for me to contribute! Not yet.

I will brush up a few last posts around but will be checking my private mail because some people might not always have an email or it might be easier for them to post there. Best bet is to email me or Deviant Art me though. (Wow that sounded so corny...Deviant Art me?)
In my opinoin, are no goodbyes here. There is no permanent absences. There is only periods of hiatus. So many people annouce they are leaving, but they come back half the time. Rather than say you're going away, merely, "I'm going away for awhile. Don't know when I'll be back." Sounds better that way don'tcha think?

Once a Pack member, always a Pack member. I know I'll see you around again. I'm not worried, but I'll miss ya.

You're still going to A-Kon, right?
You will see me around. :D I didn't say I was leaving for good. Im certainly not one to also post here, expect 100 replies of "LIKE ZOMGOSH LYEK (imitating bad chat speak) MIZZ U!!" then me come back and go "Oh attention attention! Im not leaving after all!" Im sick of seeing that rubbish on boards. Im not joking around, Im not looking for attention. Im glad this board is devoid of idiots like that. (Im still moody...my first two days without alcohol is making me VERY twitchy. My apologies. None of that rant was AT ALL aimed at ANY of you). Ive left my return open.

Akon:

I live all the way in Australia; by the time I make it to A-Kon you will have all forgotten about me, and I should be touring in America with my band by then. Free tickets for all! :P

I should note, I AM submitting a calendar image still. Should be sometime in June or beginning of July...before the deadline that is.
MattSullivan wrote:Eh?? What caused this???
What caused it is partially stated up there. Any personal reasons remain my personal reasons and will not be discussed publically. It doesn't necessarily mean somebody here caused it. Then again, it might. That's life. :) It might just be that I grew bored, and I need a break. Leave it as simple as that, Matt, don't read into it any further ... not that I can stop you, but there is no point.

-----------------

You've all given something to me as a person and a few of you as friends, and all of you creatively and for interest. I thank you for your support ... not only support for me when I needed it, but also your support to others when they needed it. I thank you for maintaining such a brilliant board, each and every one of you, new and old, moderator member and admin, and of course Anthony and co for reasons obvious.

And that's why I can't just say "Goodbye" for 100% certaintly. My post might seem sloppy about my thankyous, but I believe in letting people know when they've done something right. Call this what you want, but you're reading into it too far if you see something sinister or manipulative here. Just chill! (Boy do I NEED A _(*#^(*# BEER RIGHT NOW!!!!)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

There is always time for a post or two...
Is'nt there???
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

What I want to say may sound a bit cold hearted but I assure you it's not supposed to. I just believe that if your absence, permanent or not, helps you with your personal life, then by all means - leave. It's really nice to read your messages, either overthought or "alcohol influenced", and after being so active The Pack would seem empty without you. Still, there are more important things and we'd all like to wish you good luck with them. Yet, if you manage to visit from time to time - all the better.

Oh, and Morkulv. I'm probably not the only person who feels a little bit unsettled when someone disappears from the forum like you did. Others probably feel more like that because I'm a rather detached person. Still, it's very nice of you that you don't want to bother others.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I'm sad to see you good, because your posts are always interesting (especially when alcohol is involved, haha), but if you need to leave to tend to stuff in real life, then do it. While I'm not gifted with the ability to see into the future, I'm fairly sure that should you ever decide to return, The Pack will still be here to welcome you back. :D
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Dont worry Morkulv. Ill still be, as I said, checking back for the next couple of weeks because Im able to.

I mentioned it because I didn't want to just vanish. I didn't think anybody would give two hoots about me leaving...didn't even expect many replies here.

Its suprising that people knew who I was. Dont get me wrong; I am not questioning people's behaviour on here, it's just that I'm not too used to being noticed except for my eccentricity at times. I tend to get ignored in groups because I don't like to say much.

People did care when you went. I wondered where you were. It's just polite to announce when yo'u're going to be inactive, so people don't think I'm ditching their posts.

People get offended so easily. ;)

I did consider leaving without any word. But I decided against it. I announced it early so I could wrap stuff up.

Anyway my time on here is limited and now finished so I must go and do my assignment and eat. Thanks all for the comments. Im trying to check back as much as I can. Likely that'll cease soon. :(

But as Aki said we can't tell the future. Who knows? If anyhthing, you might remember how drunk I always was, even if you recall nothing else about me. What a hoot! :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Man, I always thought that everyone could have time to make a couple of quick posts atleast once a month. :(

Well goodbye Kirk Hammett.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I hope for you a good recovery, and a better life ahead. I do hope we can remain a part of it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...