Werewolf looks

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

It's not fluffy, you just think that because some idiots can't tell the diference between a werewolf and a furry.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
redwolfmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Clawed Creator

Post by redwolfmoon »

No, I actually think it's a bit fluffy... I myself have my own concepts of 'furry' that I guess aren't right, but I do consider this a werewolf, just a fluffy one!
:D
Doodle, doodle, paint, paint, don't forget about the sex and violence!
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Fluffy?
Playing with the hairdryer again?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

Ya Just let me turn in to the Van Helsing werewolfs and i will be happy, just not all that skin sheeding thing, that was a little wrierd> :shift:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

To be honest, my ideal gestalt were is the basic one all fans know:
Digitgrade feet w/ declaw, tail, muzzle with elongated ears, more paw-like fingers than a human, fur (obviously) and an overall very sleek and graceful, yet powerful look.
The only idea I had would be somewhat different from most's ideas is that I think taht they should keep their human hairstyles, only longer, in gestalt form. The logic behind this being that if the hair grows on the skin, wouldn't the hair on the head increase in length.
XIV
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

Man, this is soooo fun and tough at the same time. The Van Helsing Gestalt is probably my favorite so far. But like everybody, I have my own ideas of what a were looks like. I use the excuse that evolution would keep what worked best and disguard what didn't. Hence my 'whole is greater than the sum of its parts" Gestalt theory.
I think the big thing I see missing is realistic fur. (Sorry but I like my weres with fur). Real wolf fur. Fur has lots of benefits and in it's worked very well in the wild even today.
I see them as a bit sleeker than the Van Helsing version - I read that chimpanzees are something like 8 times stronger than humans and they aren't muscle bound. So I see a Bruce Lee rathen than an Arnold

Tales? Of course. They're too much a part of communication. Would a Gestalt need whiskers? Somehow I don't think so. Shortened whiskers. Their eyes would look more like a wolf's because they would blend better in the wild. Claws long and strong enough to do damage, but not so long they get in the way.

I WANT them to be really tall, because it's intimidating. But I can't find a good logical reason for it. Big is fierce, but not very adaptable (ask a dinasour). They would be digigrade, but have elbows and opposable thumbs.

Heads more wolf than human because the ears and nose will be more wolf. Logic says the nose and ears should be smaller, face flatter (as a mix of the two) but I think the full wolf face looks better.

The big thing for me is that they have the beauty and power so natural to a wolfl. The grace I think might be lost somewhat in Gestalt.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Knee-bone connected to the thigh-bone...

Post by RedEye »

If you have the Were' go from Plantigrade to Digitigrade, they will probably gain six to eight inches in height, as their Achilles tendons shorten. Then add their ears rising above the top of their heads, and you have a much taller looking Werewolf.
Only a very close friend would take out a measuring tape...
My vision of a Werewolf's head is Wolf with a slightly shorter muzzle and a taller forehead to accomodate their base-human brain. Perhaps the upper skull doesn't change at all-from above the eyes it stays human shaped, with their ears poking above the top of their skull.
Also, given a lighter colored belly and darker back; they would again appear to be taller by means of optical illusion.
I suspect that the Human hair would be "assisted" by the Wolf's headfur: a bald-headed Werewolf would look silly. With a normal head of hair, the Wolf's fur would make the head area look even more furry; possibly with the Human hair sticking out at odd angles until the Were' has a chance to comb it down.
A Were'-b**** would have even more hair to comb down, but it would be a lot more impressive (and prettier, as well).
IMHO.... :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
KitWolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by KitWolf »

The one's in van helsing were awesome, they only needed a tail x.x