I think I know why people like to leave the PACK...

The place for anything at all...
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

sigh... the site is old, the novelty of it all has mostly died away... but a loyalty remains for this community. For me, this is the only community i've ever stuck with. Honestly, when i first joined, i figured i'd be entertained for a couple months at most. I really enjoy this community, and though i'm often too lazy to post latly, it saddens me whenever a member retires.

Really, this sites perpose is done. Theres all sorts of stuff about what people here would like in a new WW movie. I guess that makes most the rest of us here kinda like stragglers. Mabye we should move on? HAH! So longas the community remains, so will I. Loyal 'till the end. Here's hoping that end waits a while longer...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Eh I just hang around here personally because I like you guys :P

That and I'm keepin tabs on Freeborn, and Camp Lycanthrope and all the other crazy werewolf goodness that is out there.

-Neko
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

This place has slow down quite a bit and it has become rather boring to me as well. I don't post in the "What Should A Werewolf Be Thread", because most of my ideas have already been posted and having the same idea posted multiable times is just.....annoying.
As of this year, I haven't really posted as frequently as I used too. I mean, in my opinion, there's not really much to talk about in the Non-Were realated", section except the "pointless talking", thread and even that has become rather dull as of late.
I can't seem to find a good RP to be apart of; the only one that ever grasped my attention was The Lab RP and I had to quite because, everyday life just got to busy. Most of the participates lost interest anyways.
White Paw wrote:and with all these new young noobs the place just isn't what it used to be

I don't think the noobs are the ones that are changing this forum. Quite frankly, I think we have all changed it and molded into something entirely different from what it was in the beginning. Yes, the growing number of people has contributed to this change a great deal, but not entirely. We've all posted our ideas, whether new or old, made threads and started interesting discussions, etc.
Besides white paw, you never know, when you were new a seasoned vet could have said the same thing about you once upon a time.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

could this be the beginning of the end? :(
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Shadow Wulf wrote:could this be the beginning of the end? :(

*Thinks back to the Matrix.*

No, I don't think it is. I think we're just going through a change, a transformation.
There is that saying, Out with the old and end with the new."
Meaning, like I said before, the new members will be one of the factors that will change this place.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I think we're in a holding pattern. The film hasn't started filming yet, we've pretty much nailed down what we'd like to see and are getting into trivialities. I think it'll pick up when Freeborn goes into active production and word gets around.

Also, the impression I'm getting...is that we're a Pack composed of very individualistic weres. It's not so much an extended family as a large circle of friends where each is free to come and go as they please.

Not to say the Pack members are using the Pack, though. And I've DEFINITELY made some great friends here hwlwnk
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

we always have pictures(and painitngs, and photoships, etc.) 8)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Another i have been wondering is what has happened to Brownrigg
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

I like to read. And we have a variety of folks here who write. Now it will take me time to do so, but I intend to at least peruse what folks create here. Boring ? So werewolf stories tend to have common and what might be described as repetetive themes. So what. Everyone has their own writing style. And dammit, style alone can sometimes make a story that has been told numberless times into something fabulous.

Think all the great writers of today leave no room for anyone else ? A hundred years ago, none of these writers were anybody. And a hundred years from now, who knows whose writing will be on fire.

The same goes for artists. Everytime you think you know who all the great living artists are, remember that it was not all that long ago that NOBODY knew them.

And where do all those great and fascinating writers and artists show up ? They can show up anywhere.

I had a next door neighbor who we used to hear wailing away in his emulations of Robert Plant while we were sitting in the kitchen eating our dinners. We hardly thought he was going to go anywhere.

We were wrong.

Have you ever heard of David Lee Roth ?

You never know who the next excellent persons will be in any field. They gravitate to the places which suit their interests. Some may be here.

One never knows which next new post will blow one away. But they can, and they will.

I may not be here every day, or sometimes for spans of time. But I shall return again and again, looking for the gems which can surface here, just as they have surfaced here in the past.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
AladasianTheMeerkat
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Come As You Are
Additional Details: Just your typical loofah sponge killin' anthro meerkat from the Cape... that's all.
Mood: Meh...

Post by AladasianTheMeerkat »

Lukas wrote:we always have pictures(and painitngs, and photoships, etc.) 8)
And Duckie Pizza.

:wink:
Neenur Neenur Neenur!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

AladasianTheMeerkat wrote:
And Duckie Pizza.

nummy lck
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

And Duckie Pizza.

Oh god I remember that from over a year ago. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

I like to post here, I enjoy reading the topics and posts on this site, the only problem I have, is that recently I have been busy moving stuff, so not much time for posting on here, really. :(
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

It need not be the end.

Now that the original purpose of this website has more or less been fulfilled, so long as we are all still here, I say we invent some new excuse for us to stay and remain a community. A new goal for us to join forces to achieve.

As we originally gathered together to help MAKE something, (a new kind of W.W. film), I think we should stick to that and begin to make something else. We have an identity, a logo, and thanks to Anthony, even our own registered trade mark. "PackWere"tm (I think ...)

What can we do with that?

...make a trendy line of Werewolf themed T-Shirts and other items, and devote a portion of the profits to support wolves in the wild? (I know that has already been suggested, but not yet followed through on)

...sell artwork made by some of our more talented members, made specifically for this project, to fund the same thing, or even something else, like ...

Our OWN movie? (Animated, Independent, etc...)

How fun would THAT be?

...casted, written, filmed/animated and scored entirely by PACK MEMBERS...

Then maybe we could enter it into an independent film festival somewhere and see if we could win any awards for it.

...and if that goes well, make a sequel!

...or just stay a quiet community and appropriate each others unique personalities as we have been ... or something else entirely.

This community won't stop until we do.

It's up to us to decide what to do with it.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

I thought our reserved trade mark was the duckie thing. :lol:
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I mainly lurk nowadays... though there was a time I posted near as much as fig did. But hey, once stuff starts happening we'll be more active. Darn it AB, release Red Victoria! We want to see it! :ducktoss3:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

I was gonna say, if everyone here felt strongly enough, you'd donate as much money as you could to the production of Freeborn or whatever werewolf movie you wanted to see. But i doubt we could get everyone to do it.
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Not many movies are done as inexpensively as El Mariachi. I am not sure the money raised here would be enough to do a quality production of Freeborn. Not unless someone here was a really loaded angel.
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
AladasianTheMeerkat
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Just your typical loofah sponge killin' anthro meerkat from the Cape... that's all.

Shadow Wulf wrote:
And Duckie Pizza.

Oh god I remember that from over a year ago. :D
Better hurry, everyone else is eating it all...
Neenur Neenur Neenur!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

NO!! :o
*grabs whats left*
Image Image
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I would donate money, if I weren't broke. Wish I could donate some skill, though!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

MattSullivan wrote:I was gonna say, if everyone here felt strongly enough, you'd donate as much money as you could to the production of Freeborn or whatever werewolf movie you wanted to see. But i doubt we could get everyone to do it.
Anthony Said that he will not accept any donations to fund the film. Only genuine contributions from Investors.

...he will not be taking any of our money to make this. Besides...99% of the Pack don't have enough to spare to even put a tiny dent in the budget this project requires.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Well, yah. I think people throwing money at him wouldn't go over too well, he'd probably have all sorts of hell trying to nail down where everything came from and where it's all going to.

We can donate duckies instead.

:duckie:
AladasianTheMeerkat
Legendary
Legendary

lck :lol:
Neenur Neenur Neenur!
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

There will always be passthroughs. And people will get bored. What isn't boriing is the interchange of information and viewpoints.
I'm here for the long run...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...