A-kon 18

General convention type stuff.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I am going to drive down there thursday night to go ahead and get my pre reg out of the way. Last year the line took 30-45 minutes so I hope to see some of yall there on Thurs.
And I just got my own car so I can give pack members some rides if they need to go somewhere.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Short Tail wrote:I am going to drive down there thursday night to go ahead and get my pre reg out of the way. Last year the line took 30-45 minutes so I hope to see some of yall there on Thurs.
And I just got my own car so I can give pack members some rides if they need to go somewhere.

i'll be there on Thurs for sure. I guess we can all meet up and get something to eat before getting our pre-reg Thursday evening
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

One thing I would like to throw out is that Sunday night, the last night of A kon when everything is shut down, is the day that the monthly DFW fur meet occurs. If anybody is interested, I could give them a ride up to that and return them to the hotel afterwards. It starts around 6 or seven so after most of the con stuff has closed. Post here or pm me if anyone is intrested.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Short Tail wrote:One thing I would like to throw out is that Sunday night, the last night of A kon when everything is shut down, is the day that the monthly DFW fur meet occurs. If anybody is interested, I could give them a ride up to that and return them to the hotel afterwards. It starts around 6 or seven so after most of the con stuff has closed. Post here or pm me if anyone is intrested.

I have to work on Monday. So I may not be able to make it.

In fact...I might leave before A-kon shuts down so I have time to rest up after the long trip back home.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

yea same here, my flight leaves at7.45pm, so I'll have to leave a bit early to get in line at the check point, too bad though it sounds fun :(
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Well it's Sunday morning here so...3 DAYS!!! :o I'm not counting Sunday lol
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

A-kon plans.

I'd like to spend as much time as possible with the pack members once I get there. Its not every day you get to actually see a pack member from the forum. We could talk...get something to eat....toss duckies... :grinp: And so on.

I also want to see Red Victoria...and be in ABrownrigg's panels. And whatever AB has planned.

I think I'll take a look around in the dealers room. But I'm not sure if I'll buy anything. I guess we can all go in there together and look around. :D

I'm only going to have one day to prepare for the long drive up to Dallas. Since I'm so used to working nights...I might suffer a bit of Jet lag. So...I might break away and take a small nap once I get my room.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Cathey and I should be getting in around two or so Thursday. Thursday's become an unofficial extra day at A-Kon over the past few years. I used to get in Friday morning, but I've come to appreciate Thursday. I've historically stayed on through at least the "how did we do" gripe session Sunday evening. We aren't planning on staying until Monday this year, as there's little need, especially if most of you have to bail, too. It's nice to get there on Thursday, because you start Friday already there.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

If I have my way I'll be there around 4 on Thursday. As I'm head of two staffs again this year I don't know what free time I'll have, but ANYONE who is there on Thursday evening, I'd love to go to dinner with when I get done. I can't say what's happening with Anthony, as he is putting the finishing touches on Red Vic for the screening this year (3:00 - 4:30 Saturday. I should know, we schedule the events). He's determined that last year will not happen again.

For those of you who don't know, he had triple redundancy last year and they all three failed. He's never had a nightmare like that, and I think that the support of his friends, their enthusiasm and smiles in spite of it all, were the only thing that kept him going.

This year it will be different... and he's had some time to improve the flick in ways we didn't know he could. I think it's better for the time he's had.

And I'm still in the midst of writing our sequel - as well as some other scripts. I know how it's going to go, though, and we'll have to see if Anthony says I can give some hints about it.

Hope I have at least some free time on Saturday or Friday evening to hang out with you guys - I will surely try.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Hey Silver! Good to see you around. :)

Hope all is less stressful for you and your mate this year. We're all excited that RV is going to show again this year since so many missed it last year. :D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Ditto!! :o Haven't seen ya in awhile!! It'd be kool to hang out with you an Tony if possible :jester: seeya'll in 2 DAYS!!! :o
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

:cafinated: :cafinated: :cafinated: :cafinated: :cafinated:

Almost here! Can't wait :)
Should we all exchange cell #s? I got Figs, and he's got mine. Dont want to get all lost and seperated from everyone else...

Hopefully the heat and humidity in Texas wont kill me :cowboywolf: :wink:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I would have had a celly, but it didn't work out that way thanks to my lovely family making promise :roll: ..Maybe I can still get one for then :P I got Fig's celly as well so we'll see wat happens over the next few days :P
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

Just in case I don't get chance before you all head off,,,,,,,,

:lol: HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!! :lol:

I look forward to seeing to photo's and hearing some quality stories of debauchery :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silver wrote:If I have my way I'll be there around 4 on Thursday. As I'm head of two staffs again this year I don't know what free time I'll have, but ANYONE who is there on Thursday evening, I'd love to go to dinner with when I get done.
That'll be great. But how can we meet up?

Silverclaw wrote:
Hopefully the heat and humidity in Texas wont kill me :cowboywolf: :wink:

If the duckies melt in mid air before hitting your head...then it's to hot. :grinp:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

lupine wrote:Just in case I don't get chance before you all head off,,,,,,,,

I look forward to seeing to photo's and hearing some quality stories of debauchery :lol:
You shall see PLENTY of pics :Jester3: an yep Ditto SilverClaw..That heat can be a killer.. :P Hey Fig since ur gonna toss duckies fill the with water too!! :grinp:
Wulfur
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wulfur »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
lupine wrote:Just in case I don't get chance before you all head off,,,,,,,,

You shall see PLENTY of pics :Jester3: an yep Ditto SilverClaw..That heat can be a killer.. :P Hey Fig since ur gonna toss duckies fill the with water too!! :grinp:
You should make, Ducky shaped water bottles! :lol:
One only knows that of which they allow themselves to know.
( http://wulfur.deviantart.com/ )
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

heh got me a celly today, so yea I will PM those I know have cell phones with my number :jester:
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Hope you all have a great time at A-kon!

It sounds like lots of fun and enjoyable. I know everyone has said this before but please take lots of pictures; I know everyone here at the forum would love to see them. By the way, I believe it's a full moon this week :wink: , makes it more exciting.

Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves everyone :D
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Thanks Fullmoonstar, Lupine, and KittyRose :D

Just found out that the guy who wrote The Last Unicorn is going to be there! :o 8) Going to have to bring my book and dvd for him to sign :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

well...its only a matter of hours. :grinp:

See ya'll soon!!

:D
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Figarou wrote:well...its only a matter of hours. :grinp:

See ya'll soon!!

:D
woot^^
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Have a safe journey everyone! Hope to see you all make it to a-kon alright :)
I'll ring either Figarou or Joker when I arrive around 2pm-ish to see whats going on :D
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Hope yous all have a great time... hope to hear some interesting trip reports in a few days!