What would be some good music to go along with a werewolf TF

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

im not sure its been mention but "more human than human" by white zombie sounds like a good TF background music. just have to cut the music.
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Nobuo Uematsu - (Final Fantasy 6) - Dancing Mad (Part 3)

Yoshitaka Hirota, Yasunori Mitsuda - (Shadow Hearts) - Imbroglio

Yoko Shimomura - (Kingdom Hearts 2) - Tension Rising
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

No music. Let the change be the dramatic part.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

MattSullivan wrote:No music. Let the change be the dramatic part.
I don't agree. Then it will look too much like a anotomy-docu without at least some form of background music/tune/whatever I think.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Which TF are we talking about? The Shift: Smooth to Wolf...or the Crossing Over: Becoming a Werewolf for the first time, via bite, sex, blood transfusion, or whatever.
That hasn't been mentioned (and I've looked)

One bit that wouldn't work for either one: Yackety Sax. or The Liberty Bell (Monty Python March).

So, I'm silly today: bite me please
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Well it would depend what kind of TF it is IMO opinion, some would go great without music, others go great with slow, dramatic piano music, ETC.

My vote goes to The Why Doesn't Mean a Thing by Mychael Danna. Its off of the Breach soundtrack, and the whole reason I paid $10 for it, the other songs are great though too. :P

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Zombie
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ribbed For Her Pleasure

Post by Zombie »

Depends on the situation. Metal if its a action-sequence, something smooth if it is going to be a "calm" scene. It has to have the same mood of the scene, and to help set up and support it.
Just my two cents.

-Z
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

RedEye wrote:One bit that wouldn't work for either one: Yackety Sax.
I'd be amused... yeah, it probably wouldn't work for a "normal" audience.

Last week I was working in the next room from where a visitor was watching "V for Vendetta" (which I STILL haven't had time to watch...) and I could have sworn I heard "Yackety Sax" during a chase scene. Had a quick look through the door but didn't see Benny Hill anywhere on the screen...
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Ya did hear it. It was on a show in the movie, where the make fun of the fascist government by having troops and Chancellor Sutler chase V around the set.

As fer the music, I'm still fer doin' trippy music, since I've always seen the change as bein' like the ultimate acid ride. I'd [refer either somethin by Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane (White Rabbit) or I Just Dropped In by Kenny Rogers (one of the songs the Dude trips to in The Big Lebowski)
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Nice to see I guessed something right for a change... using that particular piece of music would have had a lot of people of a certain generation rolling in the aisles as we know it best as the end music to the Benny Hill Show, which generally featured the eponymus (alleged) comedian being chased by a group of women.

Must watch film some time. Must find spare time. Grrrrr.

And as for transformation music... I still reckon a scene with what music there is fading out, to be replaced by distorted breathing and heartbeat type sounds, would be fairly awesome if done right.
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The 1st Alchemy using WerePomeranian evAr!

Post by LightPaws »

For a werewolf transormation, I have two choices:

Stringmetal: The same classical stuff you guys are talking bout, but a bit more rocky. Electric violins and 'lectric cellos, with some drums.

Techno: I'd suggest something like 'Ride out' by Ask( it can be seen in action here: http://flash.2ch.net/fb04/fb04/hachimiri.html ) The howling noise in the backround is what makes it perfect.
I'd also suggest the song 'Sandstorm' which no one knows who made it but practically everyone's heard it. The parts where it's all low and silent but gets louder and speeds up seems perfect for a TF. It can be heard here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/484 ... n%3Ascraps

And yes i know that one animation is retarded.
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

I've just been listening to my varied musical influences on Itunes, and i noticed this one...

Awakening - Demon Hunter (For a First Transformation Scene)

Or Possibly for an important scene where the Were happens to be running to/from somthing...

This Time's For Real - Ill Nino

Laters
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

LightPaws wrote:For a werewolf transormation, I have two choices:

Stringmetal: The same classical stuff you guys are talking bout, but a bit more rocky. Electric violins and 'lectric cellos, with some drums.

Techno: I'd suggest something like 'Ride out' by Ask( it can be seen in action here: http://flash.2ch.net/fb04/fb04/hachimiri.html ) The howling noise in the backround is what makes it perfect.
I'd also suggest the song 'Sandstorm' which no one knows who made it but practically everyone's heard it. The parts where it's all low and silent but gets louder and speeds up seems perfect for a TF. It can be heard here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/484 ... n%3Ascraps

And yes i know that one animation is retarded.
I'm not sure that Darude would be the best, even though I think he's talented. (Sandstorm by Darude.) Too much like waiting in line at an amusement park trying TOO hard to thrill you. (For those that like Sandstorm, the artist is Darude and he has several albums. I think Sandstorm is on one called, "Before the Storm.")

I am not one for religious music and this choice might certainly bring that out in with certain tracks, but I think some of the boys choir; Libera would be cool! The innocence of the boys choir could play nicely against something that in and of itself is not of this world. I stand by all of my original thoughts too.
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

thought of another one which would be good in a Music Vid. Bullets from creed(i know people are thinking "eww, creed that crap of a band" but i like there work and think that the music would do great in music vids. :headbanger:
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

chubhound
Legendary
Legendary

Post by chubhound »

Just listened to it & thought "Spawn of Uamenti" from Nile might work. Yeah yeah....they ARE a death metal band, but this is not a death metal song. It's one of the creepiest sounding instrumentals (for lack of a better word) that I've heard.
Life is too serious to be taken too seriously
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

Please don't shoot me!!
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

Please don't shoot me!!
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Herpscott wrote:But if I had to ban only one style of music forever from my shelves and life...the answer would be Country! You cannot find a more annoying (for me) style of singing, instrumentation, or lyrics than Country. Blech :thpt2:. "I'm gonna check you for ticks." <----- WTF?

I would rather listen to all black metal all the time than Country all the time. Yikes!
AMEN, BROTHER!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I still stand by my opinion that metal is a lot more then just 'angry music'. You can't tell me that you only noticed 'angry' parts in that Limbonic Art song? It also included a lot of darkness, symphonics, and ambient invluences. And thats what I like about black metal; it has everything, rather you like folk black, symphonic black, ambient black, thrash black, melodic black, or just plain raw black metal.

Oh, and let me point out that KoRn, System of a Down, and Deftones are not metal. All 'true' metalbands are listed on Metal-archives.com.
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

That's a cool website!

According to them, one of my favorite bands of all time is a metal band! RUSH! They're put into prog rock/metal. :o

Please don't shoot me!!