PS3

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

PS3

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Indeed.

I can't say as I care for the controller design, however.

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Vilkacis wrote:Indeed.

I can't say as I care for the controller design, however.

-- Vilkacis
I agree. The system itself looks very nice...but the controller is just about the ugliest thing I have ever seen. Image

...though, if it feels good, then it's cool. I never liked the feel of the PS/PS2 controllers. If this new design is more comfortable on the hands, then I'm all for it.

...if not, then, "...MY GOD...What were they THinking?!..." Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I actually always liked the PS controller (moreso than the X-Box / GameCube / N64 controllers, at least!). My only real complaint would be that L2 and R2 buttons on top of L1 and R1 buttons was a bit unnecessary.

But as for this monstrousity, it looks to me like the handles are too thick and the buttons are in the wrong places (and how the heck are you supposed to press the buttons up top?). But I couldn't say for sure until I got my hands on one.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I know one thing. They should have a standard button layout. I hate it when I have to look at the controller to see what button I'm pressing.

For example...switching from the Xbox controller to the Gamecube.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Vilkacis wrote:I actually always liked the PS controller (moreso than the X-Box / GameCube / N64 controllers, at least!).
Most everyone does. I am an oddball in that respect, it seems.
Figarou wrote:I know one thing. They should have a standard button layout. I hate it when I have to look at the controller to see what button I'm pressing.

For example...switching from the Xbox controller to the Gamecube.
I don't like that Idea at all. Mostly because, I feel, no one has quite gotten it right yet.

If all the game companies decided, " Okay...this is the one and only button layout anyone is allowed to use. Even though it is flawed, you should not try to improve upon it in any way, because that would just confuse the consumers...", then gameplay and play controll would never improve.

You don't really want that...do you?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
You don't really want that...do you?

Be nice if they went back to the good old no button games.

Pac-man, Q*bert. ETC :D
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Yes, the controller is weird, it should be the like old PS controllers, those were NICE. Not this boomerang.

And the body, its ROUNDED!

I mean hell man....what is this a new trend? Make it so the top and or botom of a system make it so you can't stack it somewhere or put something on the top? :oops:

I mean, the X-box had acurve to the top too, and the NEW one has a concave top. <_<
wolf lady
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Lady

Post by wolf lady »

i find the ps2 pats more nicer en better
\/^^^^^^\/
werewolves
/\^^^/\
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

The shoulder buttens are oddly placed but otherwise it looks like it will be an improvment with some minor tweaks. the PSX/PS2 controller, while having many good features, is too small and has too many ridges.

Increasing the handles length is a good idea as it makes it easier for people with larger hands to handle, however it shouldn't make those with smaller hands uncomfortable as they don't appear the be significantly wider around. There's also the fact that there appears to be signifcantly fewer ridges on this controller, which will reduce the chances of a blister forming.

The controller doesn't look good, I'll admit that. However if they get the shoulder buttens fixed and place the analog sticks a smidge closer to the main area of the pad, it should work fairly well.
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

Well I dont play alot of video games but it looks nifty.
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
wolf lady
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf Lady

Post by wolf lady »

in easy words the ps3 is crap
\/^^^^^^\/
werewolves
/\^^^/\
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

wolf lady wrote:in easy words the ps3 is crap
Why do you say that?

I'm a crazed NINTENDO fanboy and even I am ecited about the PS3. ( ...I just don't care for the controller design)

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
wolf lady wrote:in easy words the ps3 is crap
Why do you say that?

I'm a crazed NINTENDO fanboy and even I am ecited about the PS3. ( ...I just don't care for the controller design)

I'm excited about the PS3 as well. I also like NINTENDO, and the X-box.

But there are times where I wish they all got together and make one gaming console. It'll save me money and space compared to having 3 seperate consoles.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

From what Ive been reading about the development of the PS3 I am certain it will be more powerful than all the other systems.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:From what Ive been reading about the development of the PS3 I am certain it will be more powerful than all the other systems.
That is not even in doubt. It has been known that Sony's system has the most "horsepower" for a while now.

The PS3 has the most high-end, "cutting edge" technology crammed into it, and is therefore potentially more capable than even the Xbox360, (while Nintendo has openly admitted that the "Revolution" will have less impressive hardware specs compared to the others, but comparable graphics none the less.)

From what I hear, the hardware for the PS3 is very difficult to use to it's full potential, because it requires the games to be coded very differently than a more traditional hardware layout like in the 360, which is a real headache for the programmers, who don't know how to use it effectively yet.

As a result of this, many of the first generation PS3 games will not look any better than the equivilant 360 games. It will take a while before any truely graphically astounding games hit the market. ...in the meantime, expect to see alot of games that are little different from the current generation titles, only sharper, shinier and smoother.

...I would still like to know how much this technological marvel is going to cost. $399.99 ? ...$500 ? ...If it's Six hundred dollars for the base unit ($599.99), I think I'll pass. I doubt it will be less than $400, initially (the cost of the 360 premium package).

=^.^'= ~