I think I know why people like to leave the PACK...

The place for anything at all...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

*grabs some duckie pizza* :D

Honestly, over the past few days I was fading away a little. The new ferrets have been keeping my interest away from the internet. However, all I did was read the AKON thread, see all of you together and here I am posting like a million things a day. *shrugs* It all comes in waves. We will all leave eventually. :wink:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

Do you consider death leaving? That would be the only thing that would make your generalization 100% certain. "Most people" may be true but maybe not ALL people. Unless you are referring to the fact that everyone dies eventually.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

Of course, there are the new members that tend to derail threads with pointless banter an' annoy the crap out of everybody else.....
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

Some people do not like to think hard...
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

cumulusprotagonist wrote:Do you consider death leaving? That would be the only thing that would make your generalization 100% certain. "Most people" may be true but maybe not ALL people. Unless you are referring to the fact that everyone dies eventually.
Here I am pointing out how people use generalizations in everyday life. I am not going to go hunt down a negative generalization for this would cause people to get hurt. I feel that everyone needs to rcognize generalizations regardless of what point of view they are coming from. Ifyou believe this is pointless then you may(OR MAY NOT(do not misinterpret me) ) end up influncing situations that will cause people to die. Even if you think it is not an issue ignoring the use of generalizations could lead to an unhealthy future. I am pointing it out for people to see. I am not nitpicking. I am pointing it out for people to see and maybe recognize it somwhere where it really needs to be recognized(if not now then the future, maybe even the distant future
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

Think about this or do not think about this. DO NOT HALF THINK! Read it all or ignore me. Do not respond to this particular post. Do not respond to the one before last unless you can prove that you can think by first responding to the post in the middle. If it kills people to scroll down past someone's posts then I really wonder just how tolerant you think you really are. (This is not taking up THAT MUCH space.)
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Templar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Templar »

Oye....wel, thank you fer provin' my point, dude....
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

cumulusprotagonist wrote:Some people do not like to think hard...

Revelance can differ based on an individuals perception. What one person may find pointless may have a deep and significant meaning to someone else.
No, thank you for proving mine...
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Templar wrote:Of course, there are the new members that tend to derail threads with pointless banter an' annoy the crap out of everybody else.....
thinks: maybe I resemble that remark just a bit...
Templar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Templar »

And once again, we find Mr. Cumulus so full of himself that he overlooks my entire point. This is not a question of whether people like to think hard. In fact, some of yer points have potency behind them BUT NOT HERE! My point is that people like you take a thread about, oh, let's say, why some people are choosing to stop logging on to these boards, an' suddenly they're turned into talks about generalizations. About the dangers of generalizations, an' how people don't like to think or read too much. The train of discussion has thus been derailed, an' guess who's responsible fer puttin' the proverbial penny on the tracks?

If you want to discuss with others and make yer points about generalizations an' other people's unwillingness to intake too much information, feel free to start a new thread, but please, get over yourself an' try to stay on topic fer at least a while.

Now, getting back on topic, I also have to agree that some people are simply getting bored here. When I joined, the photomanipulations for the makeup tests, especially those done by Leo, were being posted every week (if not every other day). People were also getting excited about other projects such as Camp Lycanthrope an' HOD. Now that things seem to have lost their steam, people's interests are taking flight, and they follow suit. Once things start bakc up again, they'll come back outta the woodwork.
-Ash
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

Different People Leave for Different Reasons anything else is just a...
:cry:
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Cut it out. I'm not liking this tone that's starting a fire. Simmer down.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary

cumulusprotagonist wrote:Different People Leave for Different Reasons anything else is just a...
Maybe I am wrong...

Photo Manipulation by Z
Templar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Templar »

Oooooooh....Consider me simmered, oh great simmerer. Heheheheheheheh......
-Ash
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Just a thought, but some people might leave because of hostilities. Not everyone can take abuse from forums, including me. I always encourage everyone to keep rivalries private, and keep a positive attitude. If you have a negetive statement, back it up with two positive statements. The more positive a person appears to be, the more likely people will treat that person with a similar level of positivity. If everyone took this to heart, I doubt anyone would want to leave.

Well, that's just my opinion of the perfect forum society. I'm not expecting an overnight miracle cure to happen to the Pack, but at least a push in the right direction. In all honesty, this forum is far more positive and enjoyable than any other forum I've been apart of. (I've been in at least 8 or 9, so that's very good.)
-Kaebora
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Honestly, I'm sorry but I'm sick of these long drawn out goodbyes from EVERYONE. It makes me just think everybody wants attention. :roll:
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Sometimes I feel the same way. I know that at least half of them will come back to visit every now and then. I feel that a "see you again" is more appropriate. If I ever were to have an extended leave of absence for any reason, I'd fill you all in, but not make it a good-bye. It's a good courtesy though, to let everyone know that you'll be gone.

It's heartwrenching to see people say good-bye for good. It can sometimes feel like they're tossing us aside. I don't think it's intended to be that way though. Sure, internet friendships can take a low priority with many people, but forums don't go anywhere. It's as simple as logging on at least once a month just to say hello to old friends. I still go back to other forums after several months to give a greeting to old friends.

Well, like all organizations and social circles, everyone is free to come and go as they please. They aren't being mean by doing so. That's just regular paranoia, which even I clearly have.
-Kaebora
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Really bums me out to see Pack members leave for good, (Renorei, Vuldari, Kirk, Vilkacis, Outwarddoodles, ect) :( :( :(
I'm taking no more chances! *puts metal collers and chains on everyone* :wink:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Silverclaw wrote:Really bums me out to see Pack members leave for good, (Renorei, Vuldari, Kirk, Vilkacis, Outwarddoodles, ect) :( :( :(
*sits with collar on wagging tail* unfortunately with my new job that im gonna have to get soon like i said my time here will drop cause i got school at nights... perhaps i cqn log on there....weekends are ify with my mate i will wanna be with him not stuck at the compy.... im not officially leaving like i had made it seem but ..like i said my presence here will decrease yet even more.. :( i like you guys way to much to leave even if the posts here are not within favor of posting.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

As long as you still come back then :) No disappearing forever :D
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

White Paw wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:Really bums me out to see Pack members leave for good, (Renorei, Vuldari, Kirk, Vilkacis, Outwarddoodles, ect) :( :( :(
*sits with collar on wagging tail* unfortunately with my new job that im gonna have to get soon like i said my time here will drop cause i got school at nights... perhaps i cqn log on there....weekends are ify with my mate i will wanna be with him not stuck at the compy.... im not officially leaving like i had made it seem but ..like i said my presence here will decrease yet even more.. :( i like you guys way to much to leave even if the posts here are not within favor of posting.

*Takes deep breath*

At least your not leaving for good. :D

I didn't know kirk left!
I wonder why.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Anook wrote:
White Paw wrote:

*Takes deep breath*

At least your not leaving for good. :D

I didn't know kirk left!
I wonder why.
no but it may seem like it at times.. :(
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Goofball nooooooo!

:whimper:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

*tugs at the collar with a finger* isn't this just a little extreme? ^-^ I don't have immediate plans of going anywhere.. even though I don't nearly comment as often as I should. ^^
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'd have to put running out of things to talk about along-side the idea over a hundred years ago of closing the patent office, because everything inventable had been invented. I know, whether or not werewolves should have tails is a dead issue, but as a social group, we all have stuff going on in our lives to talk about, not to mention philosophical thoughts to keep us busy until the next werewolf-related movie or event pops up to spark conversation.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...