Moral ORel

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Moral ORel

Post by Dreamer »

Anybody watch Moral Orel? if so, what do you think of it? I like it. I actually noticed something about the show. It pretty much seems that Orel represents the childlike innocence and goodness in religion while most of the adults represent religion warped by society, corrupt and depressing. OPf course, taht is probably obvious, but I just noticed that.
XIV
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Sounds interesting. What channel is it on?
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

It's on Cartoon Network late at night, where they daringly show quality material, kinda. Well, some of it. A good half of it is anime. And a lot of the comedy is either crappy or too trippy to be funny. But there's some good stuff there. Unfortunately, at least a third of what's good is syndication, but you do get stuff like Metalocalypse, Home Movies, and Sealab. I've only seen the first episode of Morel Orel, and honestly I wasn't impressed. However, I wasn't impressed with the pilot of Invader Zim, either, and that's one of my favorite shows. Besides, I like the idea of making fun of the preachy aspect of Davey and Goliath (that's what it's doing, right?). Minus Goliath, though.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

ZActually, the creator says that it's more a parody of 50's sitcoms than Davey and Golliath.
XIV
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

I enjoy Moral Orel, I think it's one of the best adult cartoons out there :)
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Actually, I think the series, with it's somewhat depressingly humorous tone, would actually make for a good serious film. Probably involving armagedon and Orel realising that the adults are wrong.
XIV