I wonder....(werewolves active on this forum)

The place for anything at all...

Would a Genuine Werewolf be active on this site?

No! Watch, but don't interact!
16%
Maybe #1 Interact occasionally to distract curiosity.
19%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
44%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
13%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
9%

Total votes: 32

RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

I wonder....(werewolves active on this forum)

Post by RedEye »

I've checked and I haven't really seen this question set out for discussion.
So, here it is:

Suppose that Werewolves were possible. Suppose they were a real and hidden section of society.
Now, they'd have the same sort of interactions everybody has, with the plus of needing to keep a very important secret. Mis-direction is one of the best ways of keeping a secret...and has been for centuries.

So...Here's my question: Do you think a Werewolf (or were-anything-else) would hang out on this and similar websites, always talking and always steering things in the "They can't exist" direction?

Outside of trusted friends, Were's would need to keep tabs on Werewolf afficionados to prevent them from "reasoning out" their existence. Here on this Website, is a sample of people who, through curiosity, could expose their entire population to risk; hence, they would always be keeping tabs and watching for dangerously close-to-home observations.
We're all invisible here: I could be a giant spider from Krypton, and unless we actually met, you'd never know. This is the ultimately anonymous universe: We are all what we say we are, not necessarily what we really are. If you doubt this-think back to meeting someone at a "Con" whose Web-name you recognized, and whose physicality was completely at odds with what you expected.
Like I said: this is the anonymous universe....

So, your opinion: Would a Real Werewolf hang out here on the Site, or what??
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

It depends upon the individual person. Some would some would not and it would all be for different reasons.
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

The last option made me think of Figarou.

Gaspity gasp! He's a werewolf! :lol: :grinp:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Set wrote:The last option made me think of Figarou.

Gaspity gasp! He's a werewolf! :lol: :grinp:

Shhhh...its a secret. Now zip your howling screamer. :wink:
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Naaah- Figarou isn't a Werewolf. He's just silly.....

[spoiler]Careful, Fig...[/spoiler]
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'm absolutely sure it's absolutely posible for a werewolf to join a forum like this and act sanely about werewolves.

If you were a werewolf, I'm sure you'd like to keep up with the latest werewolf news, flicks, and merchandise, too.

Or, you'd at the very least find people discussing the posibility of your existance amusing. I know I would.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I say sure, why not. They would probably want to make sure the legends don't get TOO crazy or something. And to see what others have to say. I know I would want to.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

It I were a were-anything, my reason for not going to A-Kon would be different. (Full Moon. LOL!) Anyways, I wouldn't reveal anything on the forum. Some of you I trust enough, that if I were a werewolf (or werehare... whatever), I would give you a glimpse of my gestalt form. Aren't I nice? :D
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

There's a beautiful anonymity here; some really good friends I've made over the past two years don't think of me by my real name. That we discourage making wild claims about actually being literal werewolves, coupled with general skepticism in these forums, helps to create a nice buffer. This would be a great social venue for someone who otherwise couldn't talk about it to anyone except a tiny handful. And, this site is easy to keep contained and isolated from the rest of one's life. Granted, meeting a lot of you in person at conventions would undermine that anonymity, so Fig and I aren't your lurking actual werewolves. More likely it would be someone fairly anonymous and minimally interactive, or at least someone who doesn't reveal much about him or herself, listing location on the profile page as "somewhere in the forest," and perhaps posting only in short spurts every few weeks.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Sure. There's a variety of reasons. Keeping tabs on what people find out about werewolves (what better place to find out if your f***-up made news than a place specifically designed for werewolf-related info?) spreading misinformation, or carefully inserting the truth into arguments in order to get people comfortable with that idea. Build up public support just in case werewolves end up getting revealed, which is a rather real possibility in an age of cellphone cameras, sattelite photographs being able to make out a person sitting on a roof, instantaneous communication across the globe, etc.

Always good to have a plan B consisting of supporters and possible converts in stock, right? :D
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Am I the only one here who thinks that if a werewolf was reading this forum, they'd be spending more time rolling on the floor laughing their fur off at all the people who make Pronouncements on what they think a werewolf "should" be? Particularly when they're not what the werewolf reading the forum actually is at all...

Although if I was a werewolf I wouldn't be on the internet at all... I have barely enough time to log on as it is; if I spent any decent length of time running around on all fours I just wouldn't be logged on at all...
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

yeah. if i was a real werewolf, i would prolly at least watch what goes on here for the amusement. it would be a good time i bet.

and yeah. i totally agree with midnight. with all the differnt opinions of the members here, it's very likely that at least SOME of them are wrong, and possibly even incredibly far-off. it would be great to be like, "pshhh. us werewolves don't have tails. that's incredibly ridiculous," or some random thing like that.

plus yeah. if i could, i'd prolly spend lotsa time all wolfy and whatnot, therefore limiting my internet time. i mean, i'd log on every once in a while, but not too often.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

RedEye wrote:Naaah- Figarou isn't a Werewolf. He's just silly.....

Thats what I was refering to the 1st time around. :jester:
RedEye wrote: [spoiler]Careful, Fig...[/spoiler]
Careful? Oh come on. You know me better than that. :duckiemind:
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

So i think that Werewolves would watch this and similar Boards and Sites related on Werewolves just to see how much Humans know or think they know about me and other Werewolves. I bet that would be really funny to see how the users diskuss about things you surely know :D But not only that...as Werewolf i would use sites like this one to see what rumors are circulating...and if these rumors would become a danger for me or others of my kind i would try to travesty them or proof that they are just rumors...And maybe a real Werewolf could find some other real Werewolves or meet them on a board like this and use it as some kind of place where they can talk more free as in the normal society without takeing care not to use the word "Werewolf" to often...to cut a long story short, i would use this Board (hey that was a rhyme :lol: )
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fullmoonstar wrote:So i think that Werewolves would watch this and similar Boards and Sites related on Werewolves just to see how much Humans know or think they know about me and other Werewolves.
And what if one human knew to much? Posting true facts about the werewolves on this board. What will the werewolves do?

We now live in a world where you must prove yourself in order for someone to believe. Thing is...will they believe?

If you post a picture of yourself as a werewolf....the 1st responce will be "Thats gotta be Photoshopped"

A video....."Its clearly CGI."

There has been debate after debate about the werewolf on this board. We don't know what is fact and what is false. So if a werewolf is surfing this forum...he/she has nothing to worry about.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Figarou wrote:
Fullmoonstar wrote:So i think that Werewolves would watch this and similar Boards and Sites related on Werewolves just to see how much Humans know or think they know about me and other Werewolves.
And what if one human knew to much? Posting true facts about the werewolves on this board. What will the werewolves do?

We now live in a world where you must prove yourself in order for someone to believe. Thing is...will they believe?

If you post a picture of yourself as a werewolf....the 1st responce will be "Thats gotta be Photoshopped"

A video....."Its clearly CGI."

There has been debate after debate about the werewolf on this board. We don't know what is fact and what is false. So if a werewolf is surfing this forum...he/she has nothing to worry about.
That'd be fun.

Post pictures of yourself as a werewolf and claim you photoshopped them. :lol:
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

There was a scene in a very early draft of Camp Lycanthrope where Pablo ( my main character ) accidentally was seen by some people out in public. They thought he was a "Theme Park Character"

Yeah....no one would be able to prove if a photo or video of a werewolf was real...
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

I hadn't considered that...

A Were' could post his/her pictures on, let's say; My Space, and nobody would believe them to be real.
In a way, society is providing a new form of protection: disbelief of actuality, based on Computer Generated stuff.
Our theoretical Werewolf would be laughing so hard... :lol: :lol:
John Wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Timber Wolf
Mood: Happy

Post by John Wolf »

I think a 75% probability that 1 person on here atleast is a Werewolf. :D
Free Scotland/Ireland From English Tyranny 2009

Change Favours The Prepared Mind
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

There's no such thing as werewolves. NO...SUCH...THING. Wish there were, but there aren't.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:There's no such thing as werewolves. NO...SUCH...THING. Wish there were, but there aren't.

exactly.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Figarou wrote:
MattSullivan wrote:There's no such thing as werewolves. NO...SUCH...THING. Wish there were, but there aren't.

exactly.
If werewolves were real-which they aren't-I don't think they would be apart of this forum.
They'd probably sit back and laugh at us.
But, like I said, they aren't real.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Anook is a WEREWOLF! He's trying to disprove theories! :o :lol:

It would be nice to think that if werewolves existed, they would come here at least a few times. So, to those of you who are werewolves... "we love you". Personally, my own addition to that messege to the werewolves of the forum is... "we can hang out, but don't bite me".
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Kaebora wrote:Anook is a WEREWOLF! He's trying to disprove theories!
*Gasp* :jawdrop:

Damn, I've been figured out
:lol: :shift:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not