The Pentagon Sought to build a...

The place for anything at all...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: Queer Ballistics for the Straight Guy

Post by outwarddoodles »

Scott Gardener wrote:But, would deployment of such weaponry result ultimately in the increasing sophistication of the enemy, advancement of their arts and theater, and give them ultimately superior casual attire and home design?
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Scott, you're freakin' awesome.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The way they described it, it sounds less like a bomb that would turn people gay and more like something that would boost their hormones to the point that they would be so sexually driven that they would be attracted to anything.

Regardless of whether that could work or not, wouldn't it have been more accurate to call it a "horny bomb?" So yeah, I think this project does have some strong anti-gay undertones.
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot?

Post by Midnight »

All I can say is... it would have served them right if they'd gone ahead... because it would have been such a dismal failure.

No bomb would be able to turn me gay... just as no bomb would be able to turn most gay people straight... it's as ludicrous as having a left-handed bomb or an AB negative bomb.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Well, you realize that now that they've mapped the human genome, andf can identiify people who are succeptable to certain diseases by the genes they carry....it's theoretically possible that someday they'll eventhually pinpoint the "gay " genes, if they exist. They could build a vaccine or virus that could theoretically attack these genes.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

OMFG

That is so absurd!! :lol: I can't breath!

That just sounds soooooooo stupid!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
THE GAME

My Armory
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

Maybe they could use the same stuff they used on the makers of Cho Aniki. :lol:

(Search for it on Google).
XIV
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Dreamer wrote:Maybe they could use the same stuff they used on the makers of Cho Aniki. :lol:

*slaps face*

holly hell, i really wished i hadn't googled it! :sickpup:

my eyes burns!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MattSullivan wrote:Well, you realize that now that they've mapped the human genome, andf can identiify people who are succeptable to certain diseases by the genes they carry....it's theoretically possible that someday they'll eventhually pinpoint the "gay " genes, if they exist. They could build a vaccine or virus that could theoretically attack these genes.

Hmmmm...makes me wonder how they could pull that off.

With all that reserach and knowledge, we still can't figure out how to stop the common cold!!

:sneeze:
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

They figured out how to stop it from killing you...(The really bad ones)
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Anubis wrote:
Dreamer wrote:Maybe they could use the same stuff they used on the makers of Cho Aniki. :lol:

*slaps face*

holly hell, i really wished i hadn't googled it! :sickpup:

my eyes burns!!
*Falls over*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

MattSullivan wrote:Well, you realize that now that they've mapped the human genome, andf can identiify people who are succeptable to certain diseases by the genes they carry....it's theoretically possible that someday they'll eventhually pinpoint the "gay " genes, if they exist. They could build a vaccine or virus that could theoretically attack these genes.
If it ever did happen, it should be a choice not a mandatory thing.
Think about it, those kids/adults that are struggling with themselves; thinking that something must be wrong with them if they're having those kinds of feelings , could easily get the vaccine/virus and be stopped of all those confusing desires.
Theoretically speaking of coarse.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
cumulusprotagonist
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Possessed by the Ghost of Cumulus

Post by cumulusprotagonist »

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT!
http://www.encyclopedia-obscura.com/gamescho.html
Maybe I am wrong...

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!!!!!!

Photography by ___________
Photo Manipulation by Z
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Doubt it.

There have been cases where Identical twins were of differing sexualities.

Which, were sexuality solely decided by genes, be utterly impossible. Identical twins are genetically the same person. Though, they are more likely to be of the same sexuality than normal siblings so, genes may play a part, but apparently so do other factors.
Hmmmm...makes me wonder how they could pull that off.

With all that reserach and knowledge, we still can't figure out how to stop the common cold!!
Highly mutative viruses are different from screwing with human genetics. Our DNA doesn't randomly mutate at the speed of a virus, or with the frequency of one. It's essential for a virus' survival as people build up immunities, as well as our developed vaccines, it isn't so essential for humanity's survival however.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Anook wrote:
If it ever did happen, it should be a choice not a mandatory thing.
Think about it, those kids/adults that are struggling with themselves; thinking that something must be wrong with them if they're having those kinds of feelings , could easily get the vaccine/virus and be stopped of all those confusing desires.
Theoretically speaking of coarse.
I have a feeling it won't be much of the child's choice. Pregnant mothers fearful of gay children will probably be taking the shots before the child ever has a say. And with the pressure placed on gay children anyway, I have a feeling it'd be more of society's choice for the gay child to become strait, not the person itself.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Wow - I'm surprised this discussion is still going on. Here are a few thoughts that may either provide some insight or muddy the water just by that much more...

- Those who believe that they have no choice in their sexuality will operate like they have no choice in their sexuality until such time that they discover otherwise.
- Those who believe that sexuality is based upon choice will choose their sexuality, and expect others to do so until they discover otherwise.

Examples of the top statement could be genes, viruses, being victims of their experience, their religious power, fate and others.
Examples of the second statement include people who observe the sexuality of fauna, as in quite a number of species change over time, people who've changed their own preference - whether based on their own past experience with one gender or the other or they decide they want to raise a 'home-grown' family.

One thing that goes with freedom, is the requirement for tolerance, for given the freedom to uninhibit onesself of the 'social norm', we are all dirty, nasty, freaky and/or downright scary in someone's eyes. Every work of art, to someone, is always considered a personal attack. Case study: Borat and the declaration from Khazakstan that the lead actor is public enemy #1 of that nation in Nov 2006.

Tolerance isn't accepting that those who disgust or scare you exist in the world. It's allowing them to live next door as your neighbor. It isn't an easy thing. Ever. That's why many of the only places where it is successfully exercised are off-limits to us until we complete an appropriate rite of passage. These are places such as Heaven and Nirvana (and other afterlife nouns may be placed here too). Nobody in our recorded history has successfully implemented tolerance. In our lifetime, wouldn't it be something if we figured it out?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I read about "the gay bomb" on Myspace. My comment was that if it has the effect of defusing aggressive tendencies then it could conceivably be a good thing. War as a series of stalemates is preferable to war as a mass-murder spree.

As for using it in Muslim countries...pfft. :P Gays exist in Islamic countries whether they like it or not. They can just grow the hell up and live with it.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I just want to point out that both sexuality, sexual behaviors as well as equipment is all determined by hormones when the mom is pregnant. Skew with them and you seriously can screw up the kid. Like, a LOT.

Behavior is determined by brain structure which is built during childhood but mainly determines by the expression of certain genes.

Basically, short of drugs, your BRAIN is shaped the way it is and THAT determines your behavior.