Hunting...

The place for anything at all...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Hunting...

Post by Kzinistzerg »

My dad and I were just fixing dinner when my brother and his idiot friend came in with a mallard they killed... apparently because the couldn't get a squirrel. It kinda makes me sad. Not the fact that they were hunting, though that does bother me a bit, but... it's out of season, and geez, it's a mallard. Not to mention the huge fines for getting caught without a license. They're going to cook and eat it, so it's not like they were just going to leave it on a road, which would have been a real crime. Still... I'm kinda annoyed. Just for sport, AND out of season...

I mean, I'm glad they have the skills and I'd like to have them too, for self-defense and just in case, you know? but I'd practice on a target, and if I were to go hunting I'd get a damn license and do it in season...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

That is sad..Those are some pretty ducks..It's a shame really humans are so cold..Not all, but the lot of them are just downright evil an cruel..No brains in the head an no heart..I wouldn't kill one of them even if it was in season..I think ducks are cool an I never had duck before an I don't plan on it..Now chicken..eh..I love chicken an well a chicken can't be a pet..I know people who have ducks as pets..it's sad..people are screwed..Sorry to say that about your brother an his friend, but you don't really seem to care for the act they carried out either.. :P :(
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Im sorry, I have to disagree. They ate it and thats all that matters, to me anyway. Now, if they were deliberatly tracking down a buck just so they could put its head on their wall...well thats another matter.

I wish I knew someone who could teach me to hunt. :(
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Sorry to all the hunters, but you had to know somebody would post it:

2 on Hunting
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:It's a shame really humans are so cold..Not all, but the lot of them are just downright evil an cruel..No brains in the head an no heart...
I am not going to impose any views, but being a hunter does not make you a cold, uncaring person. I hunt, and I know I'm certainly not an evil individual. Nor is my family, who are very caring people.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Hopefully they get busted for it. I don't like that people feel they have to hunt (though deer jerky is yummy...) but if you're gonna do it at least follow the damn rules when you do so.

Duck? Duck is pfffblah anyway. Greasy tasteless and tough. Ew. :P
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Dreamer »

I don't think I could even kill an animal for food, much less sport. I know that someone has to kill the meat I eat, but I am too squeamish to do it, as wel las the fact that I love animals.
XIV
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I hunt. There's a part of me that's going ballistic at these guys right now; if my brother and his friend showed up at my house BBQ with a <i>POACHED, NOT HUNTED</i> mallard, I'd kick their crusty asses and chew their ears off. PeTA are assholes but they're out there, they're literally screaming for the blood of the entire hunting community, and therefore anyone in the community that compromises the security of the whole and plays into the enemy's hands is guilty of treason.

At the very least, I would tell them to take it the hell out of my house, on pain of a** being kicked. And brother had better apologize for it, on pain of ostracism.

And another, more primal part of me (my Wolf totem?) agrees with Moonkit. They caught it, they ate it, straight predation, which is not to be decried.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Honestly what seems wrong to me about this situation is the fact that there are hunting "seasons" and that you need a license. I can understand not hunting an endangered animal but the laws on hunting are way to restricted in my opinion. It just seems weird to me. :?
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

hunting humans > hunting animals

It's fun, sometimes challanging (depends on age, gender and physical fitness) and totally ok if you eat them afterwards.
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

I don't like hunting myself. People no longer need to hunt for survival; it was different back in the days when hunting was a must. but that's just my opinion :P
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Miragh wrote:hunting humans > hunting animals

It's fun, sometimes challanging (depends on age, gender and physical fitness) and totally ok if you eat them afterwards.
No Cannibalism allowed on the forums. :P
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

MoonKit wrote:Honestly what seems wrong to me about this situation is the fact that there are hunting "seasons" and that you need a license. I can understand not hunting an endangered animal but the laws on hunting are way to restricted in my opinion. It just seems weird to me. :?
Those rules are there for a reason. Mainly, to keep people from over hunting and killing every single animal they see. Seasons are there so no one shoots an animal with offspring. If it weren't regulated there would be no animals left to hunt.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

The problem with most states is that the enforcement branch — game wardens — are criminally understaffed and underpaid. For instance, in California, there are only TWO GUYS patrolling Siskyou County, one of the biggest and most rugged counties in the state. Basically, they're slaves: they get awful pay and bust their asses catching poachers...who by the way are armed and dangerous. Imagine Los Angeles full of mountains and having a police force of two guys, getting paid minimum wage.

What I'd love to do is confront the ALF and ELF cells and tell them to stop making bombs. Instead, they could volunteer with the state game departments and be deputized as game wardens. Stop splashing hunters' vehicles with acid! Stop chasing bighorn sheep around, banging garbage pan lids together and making them run off the edges of cliffs! QUIT WITH THE FRACKING RED PAINT, ALREADY! Stop burning hunters' campsites and go after the real bad guys, poachers in the pay of black marketeers!
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

DarkShadow wrote:I don't like hunting myself. People no longer need to hunt for survival; it was different back in the days when hunting was a must. but that's just my opinion :P
couldn't agree more mate.

and moonkit, if cannibalism isn't allowed, why hunting then? where's the uproar from the therians? :P

(it might appear that I'm stating somewhat along the line of 'thearians fancy cannibalism'
which is not the case. go the other way. thank you.)
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

As I understand it, the reason for having hunting seasons is so that the wildlife concerned aren't hunted during breeding season... that way there's still going to be enough for a hunting season the next year. And around here, there's really no excuse... if anyone is desperate to hunt something they can go after rabbits... here they are considered vermin and as such are in season all year round.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

DarkShadow wrote:I don't like hunting myself. People no longer need to hunt for survival; it was different back in the days when hunting was a must. but that's just my opinion :P
People don't need a great many things. Hunting and killing big game however, is a cheaper way to feed yourself than paying through the nose at the local grocery market. Plus you know for certain no one f*** with your meat.

A moderator on another forum I visit does that, she lives up in Alaska. Shoots a moose each year, carves it up and gives whatever she and her hubby won't eat to friends/relatives/etc.

If animals can kill each other for food, so can we kill animals for food. 'Tis natural order. Besides, some hunting must take place. Until natural wolf populations can be properly reinstated, humanity must cull the herds of predator-less animals, let they overpopulate and cause car crashes, eat all their food and starve to death, etc.

Hunting for food is fine. Really, only hunting for sport is bad, as it accomplishes nothing but waste ammunition, time, and a life.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Yes. I did point out it was out of season? I just felt, "okay, they're eating it" so it's not all bad, but out of season... ugh... :|
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i never really cared. stuff gets kilt and ate eventually. so long as humans dont over-hunt, everything shold befine. I would be dissapointed if someone kilt something ot of season, but really thats it. And... well... its a friggin bird. If they wnet out hunting specificly for that type of bird, then its a big deal. but, really.

oh noes, we're at the top of the food chain! thats not fair.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U