hair

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

WolvenOne wrote:Okay, quick blurb here....

I would think that going from human to, wolf-gesalt form, the human hair would become part of the wolf fur. As such, I would imagine that most Werewolves would keep thier hair fairly short, and avoid things growing thier hair waist long.

As for going back to human, well.... realistically I would think that all fur/hair on the body would fall out and that a werewolves human-hair would grow back. That's just me though.
That is one of the possibilities that is being considered, but the question still remains; When the humans hair does grow back durring the reverse shift, to what length does it grow?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vuldari wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:What about the maned wolf, Chrysocyon brachyurus?
Interesting... :)

...but that is just darker fur in approximately the same place as human hair. It is not really long. Like my avatar, for example. I used a photo of myself for that, and my long, dark brown hair looks odd enough in a vertical stance. Having hair of that same length on the head/neck of a horizontally posed Feral wolf body would look really aquard. That is what I meant.

Cool reference pics, BTW. I was not aware of that perticular species of wolf. 8)
On the one hand, I can't help but to think of a wolf with a lion-style haircut, and on the other hand, although it's called a "wolf," it's actually a kind of fox, a judgement based on both observation of behavior, and biology.
And it's said to walk around like "a fox on stilts."
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Apokryltaros wrote:I can't help but to think of a wolf with a lion-style haircut
It's Simba-wolf. Hear him roar.

"Mufasa!"
"Oooh, do it again!"

:lol: Sorry. couldn't resist.
Beastofgaia
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Beastofgaia »

i think that the hair not completly disapear during the Changing... in fact, i can imagine that the hair become the mane of the WW... if the human form has long hair, the mane will be really long too... indeed, a ww could taint his hair in color and it's will be conserved in the garou form... :lol:

a long pink hair... that could be interesting.... ^^
- She the Mother of all things... we are her sons and she take care of our live... I will howl this night in order to open my heart to her...
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

Hell yeah long green or red or sumthin mane that would be me :lol: considdering im trying to get permision to dye my hair anyways.

ahem back on subject(alot of intresting stuff here i love it :o )

yeah i always thought the hair would just kinda as the WW body would decrease in size the hair would just either fall out or kinda sink back into the skin and dissaprear like just become arm hair or sumthin and the head of the WW would be hairy cose of the mane etc and as the body shrinks down the hair would simply shrink down woth it probly not the same as before the shift but close enough :lol: im not fussy :D

and thats my crazy thoughts on the matter

JonathanBaine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by JonathanBaine »

I would think that if you're bald, the fur still grown in up there. But, if you have hair, the grown fur will serve as an undercoat.

....Just a thought, what if George Clinton were a werewolf. A werewolf with rainbow dreds.... :lol:
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

I like the idea of keeping hair, and I've never been too keen on full-shifting myself so the Gestalt tends to be the only form I acknowledge.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

I agree with Last Howl. Keeping the hair would also be a further benefit to having some of the human characteristics remain in WW form, instead of people turning into jungle animals that belong in a zoo. Gestalt all the way!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

But, a great many of us do picture shifting not only to Gestalt but to full wolf form, so for those of us, we still have the physiology dilemma to solve, even if our Gestalt werewolves kept their hair. (Though mine only sort of do.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Yeah, old topic, but whatever.

This is what I think. Additional wolf fur grows on the top of their head, but their original hair (maybe) could stay. So even if someone was bald, they would still have fur there in gestalt form. However, someone with really long hair or facial hair might retain it in gestalt form, and it would be visible if it was longer than the wolf fur.

You can run into problems with this, though. Obviously you don't want a gestalt werewolf to have an afro or mohawk or really long beard, so my answer to that problem is simple. Omit people that look like that from Freeborn or other movies.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:
You can run into problems with this, though. Obviously you don't want a gestalt werewolf to have an afro or mohawk or really long beard, so my answer to that problem is simple. Omit people that look like that from Freeborn or other movies.

Awwwwww........... :afro:

:lol:
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

I always thaought that hair would be like... "Extra fur" for a werewolf.
Like, like... sorry, my English is failing me right now... like you know how normal fur is composed of several types of hairs? There's the downy underfur to keep ya warm and then the longer, coarser hairs that keep the underfluff dry. Hair could be just one more layrer of fur.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Merrypaws wrote:I always thaought that hair would be like... "Extra fur" for a werewolf.
Like, like... sorry, my English is failing me right now... like you know how normal fur is composed of several types of hairs? There's the downy underfur to keep ya warm and then the longer, coarser hairs that keep the underfluff dry. Hair could be just one more layrer of fur.
I get you. I think I agree with you.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:
Merrypaws wrote:I always thaought that hair would be like... "Extra fur" for a werewolf.
I get you. I think I agree with you.
Oh..and your hair having hair!! :o

Talk about a hairy situation!! :lol:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Obviously you don't want a gestalt werewolf to have an afro or mohawk
Fro's just look weird on everything, human, wolf, and even llama:
(Okay, it's an alpaca.)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Egads, whadid they do? Shave the poor thing and miss a spot? :o
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Merrypaws wrote:Egads, whadid they do? Shave the poor thing and miss a spot? :o
Alpacas were bred for their wool and are thus very floofy. Llamas don't have thick wool on their heads but Alpacas do, and thus look very goofy with their poof weirds when they're shaved. Though I think in that picture they must of combed the wool so it would stick up like that.
:D

Llamas have no Wool on Head:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/ ... loseup.jpg

Alpacas have floofy heads:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/ ... 261_08.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/ ... lpaca2.jpg

Okay, now that we had fun with a joke I need to stop spamming this page. (Thus I put the urls so the page isn't filled with llamas.)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Some time ago, I saw some art, that had a long-haired werewolf changing into a werewolf, but he keeps his long hair. I really liked that.

Hair changing back after shift will make it look fake, IMO.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Morkulv wrote:Some time ago, I saw some art, that had a long-haired werewolf changing into a werewolf, but he keeps his long hair. I really liked that.

a long-haired werewolf changing into a werewolf?

Thats something new!! :lol:

I guess a long-haired human can change into a human. :D
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Figarou wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Some time ago, I saw some art, that had a long-haired werewolf changing into a werewolf, but he keeps his long hair. I really liked that.

*poke* Dude, I hate it when people start taking everything so damn literally.

Like in some TV show I once saw:
"Music quiz! What comes to your mind when I say 'Liverpool'?"
"Swimming pool full of chopped liver."
"Ewww!"
"You asked what comes to mind!"
Veruth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Veruth »

WolvenOne wrote:
As for going back to human, well.... realistically I would think that all fur/hair on the body would fall out and that a werewolves human-hair would grow back. That's just me though.
That was always my opinion too, but I do like the idea that hair would still be present in werewolf form and just be another layer of fur or otherwise intergrated into the werewolf form.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:a long-haired werewolf changing into a werewolf?

Sure. All you need is one of these *holds up electric hair clippers*.

I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Figarou wrote:

Grrrr. :evil:

You know what I meant. :)
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Merrypaws wrote:
Figarou wrote:

*poke* Dude, I hate it when people start taking everything so damn literally.

Like in some TV show I once saw:
"Music quiz! What comes to your mind when I say 'Liverpool'?"
"Swimming pool full of chopped liver."
"Ewww!"
"You asked what comes to mind!"

:lol: Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

One of the goals of our werewolf is that its wolf form look wolf-like. Having a big mane of hair kind of kills that.

I just have my werewolves grow their hair fairly fast. It depends on how quickly or slowly they shift back. To a new werewolf, explaining why he or she had a poorly done haircut one day and then having it long again the next is part of it. To a seasoned shifter, it's easier to control, but it will still kill hair styles. Shifting also plays havoc on other cosmetics, particularly manicures.

Oh, and, ever notice how some people refer to the Gestalt form as a "werewolf," as though one "turns into a werewolf" when shifting? Generally, if you turn, you do it once, after you're bitten. After that, shift all you want, you're still a werewolf in ANY form. This moment of obsessive-compulsiveness brought to you by The Container Store.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...