Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Baphnedia

Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn

Post by Baphnedia »

Anyone else seen or heard about UO's new expansion and new engine?
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I used to want to play Ultima Online, mainly because I couldn't get Everquest working. Have they gone 3D yet?

EDIT: Just looked it up. The answer to my question is no, but it still looks pretty damn brilliant. Glad it doesn't use that frustrating isometric view from the non-online Ultima games. Never played them, but god it was ugly.

I think I'm thinking of the same MMORPG. This is the one with Lord British, right?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Yes, it is one and the same. Lord British still hasn't given me his shield that would make me uber strong. :p I'm downloading both the old client and the new (since the install CDs I had are packed away) and I'll resume playing with my old account. Once I get my website back up, I can post some pictures of my house. It's the most versatile MMO I've ever seen (well, except for the one that I'm making!). :p
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

You're making an MMO? Freeware or shareware? And what about?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Right now, I'm making it as a hobby. Once I'm a few steps closer to production, will I know how free it is or isn't. As for what it's about... I'm writing exactly that (and will be posting accordingly). Nephyl's Heritage is the tip of the iceberg.